Author Topic: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????  (Read 11786 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Do certain people reinforce stereotypes??????
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »
I just live in neighborhoods with college graduates, successful professionals and business owners......hoodrats and dirty ghetto folk don't have the credit scores to earn a spot there.   I would last in "da hood" either cause I don't own "a piece", my credit is excellent and I have no bastard children.

Sounds like Flower could fit in there!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
I just live in neighborhoods with college graduates, successful professionals and business owners......hoodrats and dirty ghetto folk don't have the credit scores to earn a spot there.   I would last in "da hood" either cause I don't own "a piece", my credit is excellent and I have no bastard children.

LOL

Funny stuff.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2007, 01:26:03 PM »
Yes, true.  I didn't do this on my own and I appriciate all the other brothers and and sisters (and white people) that helped us out.  
The hip hop genre has come in and torn all that down with messages of hate and violence.  Many of our people fall victim to this because they are young and ignorant.  This is why I don't like the lifestyle.  As far as parents go.  I've dated black, white, latino.  I don't have a preference....A b itch, is a b itch,  is a ho, is a quick nut...j/k

Oh yeah.  I'm very proud to be black.  We just need better representative.....Thank God for Barrack Obama and Condy Rice :)

I couldn't careless for obama and rice. Their politics are not the same as mine
I have no clue as to what stance obama has on the issuses. To just accept him because he is black is totally wrong

I actuallly believe there is hope for you yet. I truly believe that once we discuss the issue we have more common ground that one might think.

maybe after your wife leaves you and takes as much money from you as she can, some sister will come in and pick up the pieces of your life and bring you back to salvation

having you been following the news lately? Michael Strahan, Armani Tumor, Taye Diggs

I laugh at those assholes and their pre-disposition choices
Here comes the money shot

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »
I am sure a man with "I am not your baby daddy" on his handle would never reinforce a negative stereotype.  ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2007, 01:30:23 PM »
if you come you come by yourself and i'll give you a beating you'll never forget, hahaha.
LOL. Where was this tough talk when Mindspin was calling you out?  ::)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »
I am sure a man with "I am not your baby daddy" on his handle would never reinforce a negative stereotype.  ::)

lol, now that is funny....good one

and no, I don't have any kids. I do want to start a family asap but my girl insist on finishing her PHD at michigan state U.

women..go figure.

wiggs would fit in there with no problem..plenty of "Beckys and Jen" running around

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »
I couldn't careless for obama and rice. Their politics are not the same as mine
I have no clue as to what stance obama has on the issuses. To just accept him because he is black is totally wrong

I actuallly believe there is hope for you yet. I truly believe that once we discuss the issue we have more common ground that one might think.

maybe after your wife leaves you and takes as much money from you as she can, some sister will come in and pick up the pieces of your life and bring you back to salvation

having you been following the news lately? Michael Strahan, Armani Tumor, Taye Diggs

I laugh at those assholes and their pre-disposition choices

I hear about Strahan, but you don't know the surrounding circumstances on why their wives are leaving them.  
I met my wife when I was broke and she's still with me 8 years later.  I'm not broke but I'm not poor either and we have no children.

By the way in their defense (and I'm sure you have heard this before) When your income goes up as an African American, so does the amount of people that are also African American that make the same money or have the same status or less to chose from.  

I would have as much as problem with a brother outright chosing someone "white" as much as I do with someone going directly with a "sista" cause she's a sista.  Yes, your bound to have less problems because of race yadda, yadda, yadda but you are limiting your choices.  

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
LOL. Where was this tough talk when Mindspin was calling you out?  ::)

he did tough talk

"we can work out together, if you come and play nice"...that has to count as tough talk right?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2007, 01:37:52 PM »
lol, now that is funny....good one

and no, I don't have any kids. I do want to start a family asap but my girl insist on finishing her PHD at michigan state U.

women..go figure.

wiggs would fit in there with no problem..plenty of "Beckys and Jen" running around

Hells yeah!! "I loves my white womens" ;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »
I hear about Strahan, but you don't know the surrounding circumstances on why their wives are leaving them.  
I met my wife when I was broke and she's still with me 8 years later.  I'm not broke but I'm not poor either and we have no children.

By the way in their defense (and I'm sure you have heard this before) When your income goes up as an African American, so does the amount of people that are also African American that make the same money or have the same status or less to chose from.  

I would have as much as problem with a brother outright chosing someone "white" as much as I do with someone going directly with a "sista" cause she's a sista.  Yes, your bound to have less problems because of race yadda, yadda, yadda but you are limiting your choices.  

I am happy that those dumb fucker got what is coming to them...lol, I laugh at them all day

and no you shouldn't choose someone on only race...I am giving that advice to you..think about it

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »

I am happy that those dumb fucker got what is coming to them...lol, I laugh at them all day

and no you shouldn't choose someone on only race...I am giving that advice to you..think about it

Dude I told you, I didn't chose my wife cause she's white. lol.
BTW  why do you hate people (or black people) that marry out of their race so much?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2007, 01:46:58 PM »
BTW  why do you hate people (or black people) that marry out of their race so much?

hate is a strong word, I wish you all of the best.

"come to the dark side"

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »
hate is a strong word, I wish you all of the best.

"come to the dark side"

lol. No thanks I'm good bro.  ;)
Same to you.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2007, 02:40:59 PM »
Good Credit, no bastard children and don't own a piece...

Do you really think that people with lower incomes don't have what you have?
You are perpetrating a stereotype.
Not everyone is smart enough of financially savvy enough to move out of the hood.
They do the best they can with what they have.
Doesn't mean they own guns.
Doesn't mean they have bad credit or bastard children.

Could it be that some people are comfortable with their stations in life?
More material wealth does not make you a better person, just gives you more material "stuff".

Mo' money, Mo problems(Notorious B.I.G.)

Sandra

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »

Mo' money, Mo problems(Notorious B.I.G.)

Yeah, growing up poor is a cake walk.

Let's pity the rich  ::)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
nope, not a cakewalk.

Being rich isn't all blue skys and sunshine.

They have their share of druggies, murders, and cheats, baby mama dramas, etc.

Sandra

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2007, 02:47:03 PM »
I feel confortable in knowing I make my race proud. I'm educated, I married a white woman,  and I'm conservative I'm a real piece of work! ;D

C'mon now, doesn't this reinforce a stereotype? Just because one is educated and black, does not mean one must marry a white woman. Actually it reinforces that one feels inferior unless one has white chick on his arm, in fact, it is a truly  ignorant, uneducated, and insincere person who must do this. I hope that's not you Big Wiggs?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »
nope, not a cakewalk.

Being rich isn't all blue skys and sunshine.

They have their share of druggies, murders, and cheats, baby mama dramas, etc.

Sandra

I'll take being rich with problems over being poor with problems any day.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »
 ::) to this whole fuckin thread

only a few here seem to get it :'(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »
I'll take being rich with problems over being poor with problems any day.

What makes you think poor people have problems?  Not all poor people do.
Money may make life easier, not having a great deal of it doesn't mean one isn't happy in their circumstance.

Look at the people of Hurricane katrina.  For the poor ones, you don't think they would give what they had previous to having to life in filth in superdome.

They may not have had much to begin with, but it was all theirs. 

Sandra

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »
DP, SQUAD>>>> Whats the status of the fight???

SPEAK ON THIS! :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2007, 05:56:21 PM »
My predisposition?  I'll tell you my predisposition. Divorced parents by age 4.  Grew up in the hood till age 15.  Moved in with father and step mother to uppermiddle class family till 18.  Joined the military at 18.  How's that?  I've seen both sides.  Hip hop in the 80s and the Hip hop culture now is two different things.  I will listen to some of the music although the messages it delivers aren't worth a damn.  The culture and message it preaches today is pretty much: Money, "bitches", guns, drugs.  And you ask what's wrong with hip hop? lol. I'm as "real" as any 'brotha".  I just don't need a "rag" "bling" or to throw up signs to show it.  I want to empower our race and if you ask many old school brothers and sisters, they don't like the hip hop generation and much as I do.  Martin Luther King didn't do what he did for many of our people to do what they do today.

Fucken eh! Sticky this shit.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »
My predisposition?  I'll tell you my predisposition. Divorced parents by age 4.  Grew up in the hood till age 15.  Moved in with father and step mother to uppermiddle class family till 18.  Joined the military at 18.  How's that?  I've seen both sides.  Hip hop in the 80s and the Hip hop culture now is two different things.  I will listen to some of the music although the messages it delivers aren't worth a damn.  The culture and message it preaches today is pretty much: Money, "bitches", guns, drugs.  And you ask what's wrong with hip hop? lol. I'm as "real" as any 'brotha".  I just don't need a "rag" "bling" or to throw up signs to show it.  I want to empower our race and if you ask many old school brothers and sisters, they don't like the hip hop generation and much as I do.  Martin Luther King didn't do what he did for many of our people to do what they do today.

Oh yeah, I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD. ;D  I was using those example to piss of DP but I guess I got to you instead.  lol

Yet you still managed to build that impressive physique ::)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »
i want to fight somebody too >:(

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »

We fear that we won't be able to compete sexually with the "black buck" if women are completely free to choose either race.

Hey, I didn't make it up.  :)

Admit it though... whether you think it should or not, having a white woman does give you increased status among other black men.