Author Topic: What has been accomplished in 4 years?  (Read 16138 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: What has been accomplished in 4 years?
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 05:56:53 PM »
Learn more about terror buddy... saying that is like saying "black men don't commit more violent crime, the courts are just racist."

well, all i know is there are plenty of ways a terrorist in this country could commit a terrorist act  that would be sginificant,  we get these videos of OBL saying something is going to happen all the time and nothings happened and places like airports are still very vulnerable to simple attacks that would ground air traffic again for at least a day of not cause 70% cancellation in flights.

So go figure.

we are either safer or the threat in the US is trumped up.

either way, it's not what we are led to believe it is.

p.s.,  i'm not saying there isn't threat.  just the level isn't what is advertised.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »

If we win... but I know you don't want that.

Hummm......."if we win".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 06:11:20 PM »
Obviously I was exaggerating..

Do you exaggerate often when debating here?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »
If we own iraqi oil why are we paying 2.75 a gallon!?!? :o

Increased demand from India and China. Also the Saudis and now the US control huge amounts of oil and they can at will increase or decrease the supply. It explains why gas prices went down to $2.30 around election times.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »
If we win... but I know you don't want that.

In my opinion, we were never "meant" to win in iraq.  A state of sustained chaos is what's most profitable for the mil. ind. complex and firms like haliburton.

in oct 2008, as they announced, we'll declare a win and leave the cities.  The pipeline will be complete. 

there's the win.  control of 50 to 75 TRIL worth of oil.  Stall with fighting long enough to complete it.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 04:30:08 AM »
Yeah, Enigma's MM69's opposite counterpart!

We won't get the glazed over version complete with an insult at the end.

Wow I am so shocked that you guys would take the opinion your leaders have told you to take....sheep. I am sure enigma and I can produce the same amount of evidence on our behalfs and you will always take his first....
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 07:31:12 AM »
]I am sure enigma and I can produce the same amount of evidence on our behalfs and you will always take his first....

well considering he's been actively posting for what?  2 days?  and you've been posting here what?  far more than that.  It's not a very true statement until just yesterday. 

Maybe it's how the message is delivered  ;D

Wow I am so shocked that you guys would take the opinion your leaders have told you to take....sheep.

i'm curious, what do you mean by this?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 07:50:52 AM »
Wow I am so shocked that you guys would take the opinion your leaders have told you to take....sheep.

See the below graphic

I am sure enigma and I can produce the same amount of evidence on our behalfs and you will always take his first....

That's because you're so full of shit!
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 08:26:13 AM »
well considering he's been actively posting for what?  2 days?  and you've been posting here what?  far more than that.  It's not a very true statement until just yesterday. 

Maybe it's how the message is delivered  ;D

i'm curious, what do you mean by this?

I was refering that 240 has never asked me the same questions, not that it would matter. He refuses to listen to both sides unless a lib suggests it. I wasn't including you in the "you guys"
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »

See the below graphic

That's because you're so full of shit!

Haha that picture

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2007, 08:57:02 AM »
I was refering that 240 has never asked me the same questions, not that it would matter. He refuses to listen to both sides unless a lib suggests it. I wasn't including you in the "you guys"

I ask you questions all the time.  You believe Bush has never told a lie and that waterboarding is A-okay.  You scare me, dude.  I love America and I know the war in Iraq will make us stronger in the longrun.  But you... you don't have the self-honesty to admit you see Bush lies, and you don't have the moral compass to believe waterboarding is bad.

You're what's dangerous with America, dude.  You scare me.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
I ask you questions all the time.  You believe Bush has never told a lie and that waterboarding is A-okay.  You scare me, dude.  I love America and I know the war in Iraq will make us stronger in the longrun.  But you... you don't have the self-honesty to admit you see Bush lies, and you don't have the moral compass to believe waterboarding is bad.

You're what's dangerous with America, dude.  You scare me.

I haven't seen any proof that Bush INTENDED to mislead the public. And why is waterboarding so bad????
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:43 AM »
And why is waterboarding so bad????

This is an American soldier speaking here.

I am speechless and disgusted.  You are a disgrace to our nation.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 02:11:17 PM »
This is an American soldier speaking here.

I am speechless and disgusted.  You are a disgrace to our nation.

LOL tell me what is so bad? It doesn't leave any permanent harm to anyone. It lasts a few seconds..wow..
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »
LOL tell me what is so bad? It doesn't leave any permanent harm to anyone. It lasts a few seconds..wow..

Let's see them waterboard you and see how well you like it.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2007, 02:36:06 PM »
Let's see them waterboard you and see how well you like it.

LOL, I never said it should be a party game or anything. But torture???? I mean I don't think it is unreasonable to make someone panic a little as long as in the end they don't die or suffer long term physical problems. The first person that dies or suffers permanent brain damage or something along those lines I will be the first to demand it be stopped.
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
LOL, I never said it should be a party game or anything. But torture???? I mean I don't think it is unreasonable to make someone panic a little as long as in the end they don't die or suffer long term physical problems. The first person that dies or suffers permanent brain damage or something along those lines I will be the first to demand it be stopped.

But you see... that's what torture is... Torture is the FEAR of death.

If someone does not fear death, you can not torture them.... It's not about actual harm.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »
But you see... that's what torture is... Torture is the FEAR of death.

If someone does not fear death, you can not torture them.... It's not about actual harm.

I don't know man, I just don't see it as that bad. I fully expect worse if I ever get caught. Not that it means much but these detainees aren't POWs so they don't fall under Geneva convention rules...
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 03:01:13 PM »
I don't know man, I just don't see it as that bad. I fully expect worse if I ever get caught. Not that it means much but these detainees aren't POWs so they don't fall under Geneva convention rules...

It means something to me... as a human being.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »
mm69,

do most of your fellow soldiers feel the same way?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2007, 06:10:53 AM »
mm69,

do most of your fellow soldiers feel the same way?

the ones I talk to yes...I mean the info we get from these terrorists will save lives for us. Just out of curiosity, how many people have we put through waterboarding?
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
the ones I talk to yes...I mean the info we get from these terrorists will save lives for us. Just out of curiosity, how many people have we put through waterboarding?

That's true... it will save lives for us... If it's accurate. Many studies have shown that coerced confessions and information are not very reliable.

Again, how would you feel if you were the one it was being done to?

You're looking at it from a perspective of, we know we're not going to hurt them... but THEY don't know that.

It's like someone holding a knife to your throat and saying "Tell us or we'll kill you"... THEY know they won't do it, but you don't.

How is it different... please explain.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
Increased demand from India and China. Also the Saudis and now the US control huge amounts of oil and they can at will increase or decrease the supply. It explains why gas prices went down to $2.30 around election times.

If I may disagree...........the reason gas prices went down near the election, was Goldman Saks sold off 80% of their unleaded gasoline holdings. Since G.S. is the worlds largest trading Co., all other trading floors sold off as well. Net result.....gas 2.00 per gal. at election time.

One more thing.....the CEO of G.S. is Henry Paulson, current Tres. Secretary. Paulson was appointed in Aug 06 by Bush.........just in time for the Nov. mid-term elections.

Ultimately, it didn't help due to the Iraq war and the copious Bush Admin. scandels.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2007, 05:28:10 AM »
That's true... it will save lives for us... If it's accurate. Many studies have shown that coerced confessions and information are not very reliable.

Again, how would you feel if you were the one it was being done to?

You're looking at it from a perspective of, we know we're not going to hurt them... but THEY don't know that.

It's like someone holding a knife to your throat and saying "Tell us or we'll kill you"... THEY know they won't do it, but you don't.

How is it different... please explain.

All I know is if I ever get caught and are a POW, I expect this and worse to happen. I personally would rather them kill me than to talk. If I talk I will be guilty of treason when I get back to the states and killed either way. So we scare some info out of them....how else are we supposed to get it?
gotta love life

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
All I know is if I ever get caught and are a POW, I expect this and worse to happen. I personally would rather them kill me than to talk. If I talk I will be guilty of treason when I get back to the states and killed either way. So we scare some info out of them....how else are we supposed to get it?

I thought our intelligence groups were second to none...

They can't get us BETTER intel than what a scared shitless person will give us, considering they will say ANYTHING to spare themselves?

I don't buy it.