Author Topic: global warming  (Read 4835 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
global warming
« on: March 20, 2007, 08:05:55 PM »
No one seems to mention, as several heavyweight scientists have mentioned recently, the correlation of Mars becoming slightly warmer over the past several decades (accordoing to the Mars Rover) at a very similar rate to that of earth becoming slightly warmer during that same period.

This, they attribute to increased activity on the Sun's surface.

Why am I not surprised this is not on CNN or any other outlet.
Valhalla awaits.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: global warming
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 04:55:42 AM »
Not ONLY Mars. but Jupiter and Venus as well. That is why I don't believe man made CO2 is the CAUSE of Global Warming. With or without it, I'm sure it would be happening right now.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:02:04 AM »
Not ONLY Mars. but Jupiter and Venus as well. That is why I don't believe man made CO2 is the CAUSE of Global Warming. With or without it, I'm sure it would be happening right now.

Good point guys. Now watch how you get no responses from the left because when you combine facts and common sense they get stumped really quick!
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »
So all those scientists that think Global Warming is real and that man had a hand in it are either wrong, lying or practicing partisan politics?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:51:25 AM »
So all those scientists that think Global Warming is real and that man had a hand in it are either wrong, lying or practicing partisan politics?

No one denies the globe is warming. But smart scientists know it isn't man made. Or maybe their are SUVs on all the other planets experiencing the same warming trend? Hmmmmmm, You are just another sheep in the herd cardio. Why don't you try listening to the scientists on both sides and then mix in a tad of common sense and see where that gets you
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 06:54:29 AM »
No one denies the globe is warming. But smart scientists know it isn't man made. Or maybe their are SUVs on all the other planets experiencing the same warming trend? Hmmmmmm, You are just another sheep in the herd cardio. Why don't you try listening to the scientists on both sides and then mix in a tad of common sense and see where that gets you

Please provide proof of this statement.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »
Please provide proof of this statement.

Here comes the classic Dem line! "Please provide proof......" How do you think theis thread got started? I guess the first two posters just made up the fact that most of the planets are warming along with earth.
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:18:12 AM »
Here comes the classic Dem line! "Please provide proof......" How do you think theis thread got started? I guess the first two posters just made up the fact that most of the planets are warming along with earth.

I'm not a Democrat and you asserted that "smart scientists know it isn't man made". Are you saying that you can't actually prove that what you said is true?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 07:20:55 AM »
My question is, how long have they been reading temperatures on mars?

And why is it that anytime someone brings up arguments against global warming it's always 1 or a small number of scientists when large groups of scientists seems to think global warming is in part at least caused by man?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 07:21:15 AM »
I'm not a Democrat and you asserted that "smart scientists know it isn't man made". Are you saying that you can't actually prove that what you said is true?

Tell me this oh bright one, If Ifind quotes from scientists that use common sense to say that since all of the planets are warming the sun seems to be the common denominator, how will I prove they are smart? How can you prove they aren't smart, see jackass. Typical Dem (like you aren't)
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:22:41 AM »
My question is, how long have they been reading temperatures on mars?

And why is it that anytime someone brings up arguments against global warming it's always 1 or a small number of scientists when large groups of scientists seems to think global warming is in part at least caused by man?

But OzmO, if several planets have experienced a rise in temperature, wouldn't the sun be the one thing in common with all of those planets?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:23:44 AM »
Tell me this oh bright one, If Ifind quotes from scientists that use common sense to say that since all of the planets are warming the sun seems to be the common denominator, how will I prove they are smart? How can you prove they aren't smart, see jackass. Typical Dem (like you aren't)

So you're not going to prove what you claimed then?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 07:24:55 AM »
So you're not going to prove what you claimed then?

are you that much of an idiot? How do you prove someone's smarts?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
are you that much of an idiot? How do you prove someone's smarts?

So now I'm an idiot because you can't provide proof of what you claimed?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 07:28:32 AM »
But OzmO, if several planets have experienced a rise in temperature, wouldn't the sun be the one thing in common with all of those planets?

On the surface yes, as to those who know very little of science in those areas yes,  but here are some questions regarding that:

How long have they been measuring temperatures on these planets?

How much is the measured rise in temps compared to the measure rise in earths temps?

What is the rate of temperature rising compared to both earth and those other planets?

Are all the planets experiencing this?

Are there other reasons they might experience this based on conditions in their atmospheres that we don;t about?

Shouldn't we just be able to measure the suns temperature and that be conclusive evidence one way or another?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 07:30:41 AM »
[/quote}

Yes you are an idiot..plain to see really. there is no way to prove someones smarts. So no matter how much info I show about the solar system warming, you can say "well how to you know those scientists are smart"
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 07:31:29 AM »
On the surface yes, as to those who know very little of science in those areas yes,  but here are some questions regarding that:

How long have they been measuring temperatures on these planets?

How much is the measured rise in temps compared to the measure rise in earths temps?

What is the rate of temperature rising compared to both earth and those other planets?

Are all the planets experiencing this?

Are there other reasons they might experience this based on conditions in their atmospheres that we don;t about?

Shouldn't we just be able to measure the suns temperature and that be conclusive evidence one way or another?

Science has shown more hot spots on the sun
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 07:34:39 AM »
Here cardio.....

The sun is burning hotter than usual, offering a possible explanation for global warming that needs to be weighed when proceeding with expensive efforts to cut emissions of greenhouse gases, Swiss and German scientists say.
    "The sun has been at its strongest over the past 60 years and may now be affecting global temperatures," said Sami Solanki, the director of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Gottingen, Germany, who led the research.

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20040718-115714-6334r.htm

Global warming has finally been explained: the Earth is getting hotter because the Sun is burning more brightly than at any time during the past 1,000 years, according to new research.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

there science says sun buring hotter than ever in the last thousand years.....now what will you ask next?
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 07:36:47 AM »
lol, if you read through the article the scientist says he doesn't know why the sun is hotter. Cardio would say because of the American industrial complex and my 4 wheel drive truck!!! lol
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 07:38:31 AM »
[/quote}

Yes you are an idiot..plain to see really. there is no way to prove someones smarts. So no matter how much info I show about the solar system warming, you can say "well how to you know those scientists are smart"

Just so we're straight, I'm an idiot because you claimed "smart scientists know global warming isn't man made" and when I asked you to provide proof of such a claim you refused?

Another thing I'm curious about, don't you claim that you're not a Conservative Republican?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 07:39:02 AM »
here is more cardio....

Things are heating up on Mars...literally. The planet is experiencing its own version of global warming. The dry-ice polar caps are diminishing. Paul Hsieh speculates that this must be on account of our failure to sign Kyoto. Wow, when somebody close to me told me that I could vote for Bush if I wanted to, but I would have to accept the fact that everything that happens from now on is my fault...well, I just didn't grasp the cosmic implications.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder — if two planets so close to each other are both experiencing a rise in surface temperature, isn't it just possible that it might have to do with that nearby star they both orbit? I'm just asking is all. I mean, what if...

gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 07:40:11 AM »
Just so we're straight, I'm an idiot because you claimed "smart scientists know global warming isn't man made" and when I asked you to provide proof of such a claim you refused?

Another thing I'm curious about, don't you claim that you're not a Conservative Republican?

that is right, I am more conservative than liberal but I have never voted party lines. And yes you are an Idiot for asking me to prove someone is smart....
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 07:49:47 AM »
here is more cardio....

Things are heating up on Mars...literally. The planet is experiencing its own version of global warming. The dry-ice polar caps are diminishing. Paul Hsieh speculates that this must be on account of our failure to sign Kyoto. Wow, when somebody close to me told me that I could vote for Bush if I wanted to, but I would have to accept the fact that everything that happens from now on is my fault...well, I just didn't grasp the cosmic implications.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder — if two planets so close to each other are both experiencing a rise in surface temperature, isn't it just possible that it might have to do with that nearby star they both orbit? I'm just asking is all. I mean, what if...

Yet again you're avoiding the issue. I could start posting links and information on the causes of Global Warming as well, but that's not the point.

You claimed the more intelligent scientists know that global warming isn't man made. Such a claim would be easy to prove, at least as far as their education is concerned. Where did they get their degrees? How many degrees do they hold? What were their GPA's? What special accolades did they receive?

Curiously you won't actually prove your point though.

Yeah, but I'm the idiot. Bwahhahhhaaaaaa

that is right, I am more conservative than liberal but I have never voted party lines. And yes you are an Idiot for asking me to prove someone is smart....

Again with the spin. LOL

I didn't ask you to prove someone is smart. I asked you to prove scientists were smarter than other scientists. You know, the thing you actually claimed?   ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 07:54:49 AM »
Yet again you're avoiding the issue. I could start posting links and information on the causes of Global Warming as well, but that's not the point.

You claimed the more intelligent scientists know that global warming isn't man made. Such a claim would be easy to prove, at least as far as their education is concerned. Where did they get their degrees? How many degrees do they hold? What were their GPA's? What special accolades did they receive?

Curiously you won't actually prove your point though.

Yeah, but I'm the idiot. Bwahhahhhaaaaaa

yeah you are an idiot...ok you post your info on why global warming is man made and then just insert these questions for my response...Where did they get their degrees? How many degrees do they hold? What were their GPA's? What special accolades did they receive? Hmmmm I am guessing your silence would be deafning
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »
yeah you are an idiot...ok you post your info on why global warming is man made and then just insert these questions for my response...Where did they get their degrees? How many degrees do they hold? What were their GPA's? What special accolades did they receive? Hmmmm I am guessing your silence would be deafning

More spin. Bwahhahhhahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And again, he won't prove his claims. You could easily quantify your claim yet you won't. I wonder why?