Author Topic: Hey Libs, you guys missed this stuff on your mainstream media  (Read 7817 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
How about some good things that have happened in Iraq. The Iraqi people have gotten the chance to participate in free and fair elections. They now have a free press, and no longer live in fear of their government. Saddam Hussein and his murderous sons, Uday and Qusay, are dead; likewise Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the former leader of al Qaeda in Iraq. Water and power services have been progressively restored and expanded, medical care has been greatly improved, and convenient technological advances, such as the internet and cell phones, have been made more available to the general public
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hey Libs, you guys missed this stuff on your mainstream media
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:20:11 AM »
Exactly what I've been saying.  You will not find CNN reporting stories like this on their front page. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:24:48 AM »
Exactly what I've been saying.  You will not find CNN reporting stories like this on their front page. 

Beach...are you trying to say that CNN is more worried about ratings than reporting the whole story??
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:30:04 AM »
This post must ring true, I don't see any libs posting in here!!! Run from the facts bitches RUN!!!!
gotta love life

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 08:30:56 AM »
Beach...are you trying to say that CNN is more worried about ratings than reporting the whole story??

That and they are trying to influence public opinion against the war.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 08:39:46 AM »
That and they are trying to influence public opinion against the war.  

Yeah I was trying to be sarcastic
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Here's some other thing you forgot:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/26/AR2005042601623.html

http://arabist.net/archives/2007/02/21/massive-increase-of-terrorism-since-iraq-invasion/

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F40716F635550C778EDDA00894DE404482

http://english.people.com.cn/200411/18/eng20041118_164320.html

http://agonist.org/sean_paul_kelley/20070220/sevenfold_increase_in_terrorism_post_iraq

http://www.motherjones.com/news/featurex/2007/03/aftermath.html?welcome=true

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200702/NAT20070222a.html

Not to mention a normal person with a family cannot take their family to a local for fear of a suicide bomber.

Not to mention a normal person cannot drive their car down a street for fear of IED's.

Not to mention a normal person cannot live in with out fear of kidnappings, or some form of extortion.

But yeah,  get fed the PR from the government who'll tell you things are great because of our invasion in Iraq.

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
LOL.  MM I could have told you the response to this post would have been a mad scramble to parrot bad news from Iraq.  Some people just don't want to hear good news. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 08:51:09 AM »
Weird last time I checked it was so bad that surrounding countries were closing their borders. Iraqis are seeking to get passports to hightail it out, but the offices are closed so frequently and stocked full of people it is near impossible. Kids still are not in school, and if they do go to school their fathers have to go on a mission impossible run and take them to a school 30 miles from where they live dodging alleys and taking routes away from major roads. Seriously post something worthwhile on this board, you expect us to believe that in a time of war and bloodshed things are better? Better for whom the US ok then, but not for Iraqi civilians, who's doors get busted down every other day.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 08:56:21 AM »

For more than 4 years following the 9-11 CNN and other major media outlets used a disgusting form of selfcensoring, believing it was in somehow "patriotic" and that being "patriotic" was their duty.

Slowly, the media is starting to wake up, and starting to report like they usually do.

But for some years, you wouldn't see any killed american soldiers, any dead Iraqi children, any suffering arabs, or similar "anti-war" images in the media.

It was a form of self-imposed McCarthyism IMO.

I don't believe the government had anything to do with it, there's no conspiracy behind the lack of coverage like some conspiracy theorists would like to believe, but self censoring is even worse.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 08:57:45 AM »
LOL.  MM I could have told you the response to this post would have been a mad scramble to parrot bad news from Iraq.  Some people just don't want to hear good news. 

And some refuse to hear bad news and or qualify the "good" news they hear.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:26 AM »
How about some good things that have happened in Iraq. The Iraqi people have gotten the chance to participate in free and fair elections. They now have a free press, and no longer live in fear of their government. Saddam Hussein and his murderous sons, Uday and Qusay, are dead; likewise Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the former leader of al Qaeda in Iraq. Water and power services have been progressively restored and expanded, medical care has been greatly improved, and convenient technological advances, such as the internet and cell phones, have been made more available to the general public

Did you just write this yourself MilitaryMuscle?  Most people provide links to news stories, otherwise they're meaningless. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 09:48:54 AM »
Did you just write this yourself MilitaryMuscle?  Most people provide links to news stories, otherwise they're meaningless. 

It is from an article, Iwill get the link for you Dedee. But I;m not sure why it matters where fact comes from.
gotta love life

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:59:55 AM »
It is from an article, Iwill get the link for you Dedee. But I;m not sure why it matters where fact comes from.

Lol, how is anyone going to decide if these are facts, if you don't provide a credible news source?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
Lol, how is anyone going to decide if these are facts, if you don't provide a credible news source?

wow, I guess you missed the elections, the killing of saddam's family.....phew.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19900
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 10:08:21 AM »

Here International water care and sanitation department says that "people are still lacking basic facilities such as power, clean potable water and sanitation" also power.
http://www.irc.nl/page/30866 July 2006...not much has changed other than the well planned troop surge

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »
wow, I guess you missed the elections, the killing of saddam's family.....phew.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19900

lmfao, haha she ask for a credible news source and you provide a right wing "leading the conservative movement"

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »
Here International water care and sanitation department says that "people are still lacking basic facilities such as power, clean potable water and sanitation" also power.
http://www.irc.nl/page/30866 July 2006...not much has changed other than the well planned troop surge

So in addition to that we have

Increasing terrorism

A normal person with a family cannot take their family to a local for fear of a suicide bomber.

A normal person cannot drive their car down a street for fear of IED's.

A normal person cannot live in with out fear of kidnappings, or some form of extortion.

Is the horse trainer that ran FEMA running the rebuilding of Iraq?  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:12:14 AM »
lmfao, haha she ask for a credible news source and you provide a right wing "leading the conservative movement"

Yeah I;'m sure that the infrastructure in Iraq hasn't been rebuilt since July 2006...good source
gotta love life

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
Is the horse trainer that ran FEMA running the rebuilding of Iraq?  ::)
No these people don't hold a candle to horse trainer.

CNN, and Dateline have both done news stories on the subject of power and water. When Saddam was in power the electricity and water would go off for hours, since the US is in power it goes off for days, and weeks in some areas.
We have seen the pictures of the Transformers being put in place and the large power lines being built, but then they are never finished, some how the budget runs out, and next thing you know you have a swimming pool where a traffic light is supposed to be.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »
Yeah I;'m sure that the infrastructure in Iraq hasn't been rebuilt since July 2006...good source

So your saying it only takes 1 year to put the correct infrastructure in place that the Iraqi people need?

Oh sorry I forgot then why have we been there for 4 years and still don't have it right?

Were sending more troops so that might solve the problem now.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 10:26:26 AM »

As I expected.  ;)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
That website has a large Advert. for Ann Coulter front and center on the first page.  Nothing like aligning yourself with a nutjob to boost your credibility.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »
So your saying it only takes 1 year to put the correct infrastructure in place that the Iraqi people need?

Oh sorry I forgot then why have we been there for 4 years and still don't have it right?

Were sending more troops so that might solve the problem now.

That is exactly what I said..."all infrastructure in Iraq is repaired".....Oh wait I didn't say that.....I said it has probably improved in a year's time. Way to paraphrase
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 10:34:09 AM »
As I expected.  ;)

OK DeDee, find me a media outlet that you trust that denies these things have happened.....let me guess you will use CNN/CBS/NBC/ABC/etc....cause those aren't partisan at all.....
gotta love life