Author Topic: Toney Freeman on New MD Cover!  (Read 4898 times)

Steve Blechman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Toney Freeman on New MD Cover!
« on: March 22, 2007, 09:03:57 AM »
Toney Freeman deserves it!  And I'm proud that MD is the first to put Toney on the cover.

After years of struggling with his 6'2" frame, we were the first to realize his great potential and really promote him in 2006 with our X-man series.  Now, Toney is finally getting the attention he deserves.  He brought that shredded, skyscraper X-frame to the Iron Man and Arnold Classic with one pro win under his belt, bone dry, with remarkable detail for a big man - and more confidence than even Flex Wheeler had back in the day.

Eventually, the success of Toney Freeman is something our industry would see.  I knew it the first minute I saw him.  All of today's champions work hard to be their best.  For Toney, that meant years of brutal training to do what takes any man 6'2" a long time to do - fill up his frame.  In Toney's case, it was his big old X-frame.  It's probably the best in the biz.  With his height, his menacing density at 280 pounds and a 30" waist - combined with his profound work ethic - I knew it would only be a matter of time before Toney Freeman would be knocking down the front row's door.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Toney Freeman on New MD Cover!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »
Toney Freeman deserves it!  And I'm proud that MD is the first to put Toney on the cover.

After years of struggling with his 6'2" frame, we were the first to realize his great potential and really promote him in 2006 with our X-man series.  Now, Toney is finally getting the attention he deserves.  He brought that shredded, skyscraper X-frame to the Iron Man and Arnold Classic with one pro win under his belt, bone dry, with remarkable detail for a big man - and more confidence than even Flex Wheeler had back in the day.

Eventually, the success of Toney Freeman is something our industry would see.  I knew it the first minute I saw him.  All of today's champions work hard to be their best.  For Toney, that meant years of brutal training to do what takes any man 6'2" a long time to do - fill up his frame.  In Toney's case, it was his big old X-frame.  It's probably the best in the biz.  With his height, his menacing density at 280 pounds and a 30" waist - combined with his profound work ethic - I knew it would only be a matter of time before Toney Freeman would be knocking down the front row's door.
Toney is incredible but his waist is larger than 30 inches.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 09:13:22 AM »
Damn still i hate his torn pec.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:15:16 AM »
it's time to see a Big Man like Toney in the spotlight, we have enough Midget in the sport.
Get Big, or Die Trying

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 09:18:14 AM »

Even as Toney has risen in the ranks of the pro bodybuilders in the IFBB, he has always maintained his sense of realization, and has not kept his rise into top bodybuilding status affect his demeanor towards his fans, friends and the industry. Congrats Toney on your cover, definately well deserved it!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 09:19:07 AM »
another reason to hate md. its becoming very obvious they're trying to attract to buy their magazine.. thats not a bodybuilding pose. thats a g4p pose

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 09:24:02 AM »
Toney truly deserves a cover shot after his meteoric rise to the top during the past year. Congrats Toney!

But I have to add, looking at that photo, that Toney is breaking so many Planet Fitness rules it's funny. He's grunting, wearing a do-rag, spandex shorts, and most egregious of all, he has muscles!

Special "Noble Radio" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »
this guy is just great. Mass with Class!
!

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 09:34:57 AM »
Ron dont be an MD rentboy and remove any negative comments towards them  ::)

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 10:11:22 AM »
The facts are MD is doing better than ever!  2006 was the best year in the history of the company!  Circulation and advertising revenue is up double digit!  And 2007, sales, circulation and advertising (pages and revenue) is already exceeding 2006 year to date!

~salmon~

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
The facts are MD is doing better than ever!  2006 was the best year in the history of the company!  Circulation and advertising revenue is up double digit!  And 2007, sales, circulation and advertising (pages and revenue) is already exceeding 2006 year to date!

Then why is your staff always spamming this board ???

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »
Another cover aimed at the 'gay market'
L

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 10:19:03 AM »
Right-on for Tony exellent Physique and  he has proven himself as a top contender..

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 10:21:36 AM »
Another cover aimed at the 'gay market'
Then I guess U will be running out to get your copy today... Seriously-How do U figure its aimed at the gay market ya fruit cake...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »
Then I guess U will be running out to get your copy today...How do U figure its aimed at the gay market ya fruit cake...

brutal spandex, who wears that shit while working out on the assisted pull up/ dip machine.....monster package at eye level....everyone knows MD is a gay freindly magazine...
L

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 10:31:05 AM »
brutal spandex, who wears that shit while working out on the assisted pull up/ dip machine.....monster package at eye level....everyone knows MD is a gay freindly magazine...
EVERYONE???Brutal exageration...If these things stand out that much to U..and thats how u see it then ????

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 10:31:18 AM »

So what your saying is that MD is not a legitimate 'bodybuilding' magazine more of a wankfest for the san francisco population? Also isnt Derek Anthony associated with MD? Yes jaejonna i think your right.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »
Any group who's members include Derek Anthony, Gregg V and Dave P on board are flaming homos, they have weekly g4p specials on a daily basis...
L

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »
I'm gonna be in Valentino's column this month, so be sure to check it out!
 ;D

:)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 10:42:03 AM »
Really? So apparently you're on their mailing list for G4P parties.
whatever you say fatty, dont you have to check ebay to see if your bid for Mustafa's thongs are still good?
L

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
You're starting to sound like Bobby Chic. Taking claim for knowing things AFTER they happen. If you knew it the first minute you saw him why didn't you sign him to a contract then, or are you saying you just saw him for the first time last year? Toney is good and belongs on a cover, just a shame it has to be with a group of morons from MD.

Thanks for the monthly spam. We'll look forward to Cara telling us how great you're doing.  ::)
Enjoy your dish...

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »
I dont care about how they run their business. There's a difference between being funny and rude. TA is funny but rarely rude. You were plain rude.

Its the only way to get through to those Dimwits  :-*
K

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 10:57:27 AM »

Yes, it's gay friendly.  But so what?  BB is a gay friendly sport, remember?  Any guy who has a problem with that needs to take a long look in the mirror.  ::)

AVBG

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
I'm still waiting for the Trey Brewer edition to arrive.  >:(

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 11:10:11 AM »
I'm so bored with the gay bullshit. It's only gay if you want it to be and look for that part of it. But then that's not bodybuilding being gay, it's YOU being gay.  ::)

Go back to school:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=132861.msg1908232#msg1908232