Author Topic: While cutting...  (Read 1281 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
While cutting...
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:23:57 AM »
I have noticed that I have been trying to lose a little weight, but it doesnt seem to be visually happening.  I have been running a mile three to four times a week in the am, and lifting at night, while also changing up my diet.  My stomach has not really gotten much smaller, but it almost seems to be looser/flabbier.  Is this normal?  I have never really tried to cut, but havent seen my abs in a few years, and want to get ready for the summer.  My stats now are 6'3 242lbs, and I would guess myself around 15% bf. Anyone with any advice on this subject would be appreciated.  I am also natural and not taking any fat burning supplements.  Thanks.

Mike

• Getbig IV
Re: While cutting...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:33:37 AM »
I have been running a mile three to four times a week in the am, and lifting at night, while also changing up my diet. 

Run more than a mile...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
Running frequency 6 days a week's ideal, not less than 5 days/week, a mile minimum. Run, not jog, get the time to 6 minutes or better, or keep the time the same and increase distance.

And the diet; make it better and/or do more running/cardio.

Make sure to warm up the legs well before running, to prevent repetitive use injuries. Stationary bike for 4-5 minutes is one way. Try to run on softer surfaces like grass, with shoes made for running.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »
I have noticed that I have been trying to lose a little weight, but it doesnt seem to be visually happening.  I have been running a mile three to four times a week in the am, and lifting at night, while also changing up my diet.  My stomach has not really gotten much smaller, but it almost seems to be looser/flabbier.  Is this normal?  I have never really tried to cut, but havent seen my abs in a few years, and want to get ready for the summer.  My stats now are 6'3 242lbs, and I would guess myself around 15% bf. Anyone with any advice on this subject would be appreciated.  I am also natural and not taking any fat burning supplements.  Thanks.

it happens to me too.  if it doesn't improve after a month, then i'd worry.  i'm flabbier than when i start for about 2-3 weeks with almost no weight change, then it kicks in.  maybe you have the same problem as me.
Deep Tissue Massage

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:16:35 AM »
it happens to me too.  if it doesn't improve after a month, then i'd worry.  i'm flabbier than when i start for about 2-3 weeks with almost no weight change, then it kicks in.  maybe you have the same problem as me.

sounds like me also , im just sticking to the calories and lifting heavy/consistently and playing hockey....trying to keep 'bingeing' to a minimum

also walking more when i can

DonCharlie

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:12:30 PM »
look into HIIT for cardio,

it has worked for me in the past.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
look into HIIT for cardio,

it has worked for me in the past.

Why, did it work better than standard cardio?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »
To lose weight,the bottom line is that you must create a calorie deficit.

Whats your diet look like?