Author Topic: Why do women cheat?  (Read 4280 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Why do women cheat?
« on: March 27, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »
Starting a similar thread in the V.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Why do women cheat?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »
I'm not going anywhere near the V board.

Women don't (generally) "cheat".

We go someplace else for comfort after our man screws our best friend and then his secretary.

xL

But if your woman is bonking someone else before you are off elsewhere, that's another story.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:19:01 PM »
Seriuos replies only.

Cheating is cheating.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:19:11 PM »

most industrailized women cheat...

why..

cause they mistake sincerity in good guys for lack of confidence ...always looking for a better option:-\

then complain about never finding a good man into their 40s eventually to sccumb<sp?> to cats!  :D

toxic teacheath..girls rebel...girls realize 20 yrs later tox ws right..
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 01:20:07 PM »
and why would you (I think you're a man?) need to start two threads?

makes no sense to me
xL

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »
the same can be said why men cheat

There's many reason's I suppose...but I find that it usually stems from a low selfesteem & poor upbringing of morals.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:25:10 PM »
most industrailized women cheat...

why..

cause they mistake sincerity in good guys for lack of confidence ...always looking for a better option..the magic pussy complex.. :-\

then complain about never finding a good man into their 40s eventually to sccumb<sp?> to cats!  :D

toxic teacheath..girls rebel...girls realize 20 yrs later tox ws right..

that's exactly what I was going to say, Toxi, although perhaps not quite in the same way.

If women stray (before the bloke bonks the secretary), it's because she's not satisfied and suddenly realises she made a mistake in the first place.

>will you post your fab posts from the V board here please, because I don't do the down below boards.  Thanks.

xL

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:38:33 PM »

that's exactly what I was going to say, Toxi, although perhaps not quite in the same way.

i ws being a tad bitter there also hon  :(
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »
and why would you (I think you're a man?) need to start two threads?

makes no sense to me
xL

I'm honestly curious if the sexes would have the same reason.

I'd guess it's more about sex with men than it is with women. And I'd guess it's more about emotional needs for women than men.

That being said. If your needs  have changed, aren't being met at home or could be better served by Someone else what's wrong with being honest and telling the person before you stray?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 05:04:13 PM »
I'm honestly curious if the sexes would have the same reason.

I'd guess it's more about sex with men than it is with women. And I'd guess it's more about emotional needs for women than men.

That being said. If your needs  have changed, aren't being met at home or could be better served by Someone else what's wrong with being honest and telling the person before you stray?

I'm going to screw your best friend, ok?  That's not cheating if I tell you first?  I've always liked him better than you.  He has a nicer smile and he's been coming on to me for at least ten years.  I've been telling him I love you, but he won't listen, he just smiles at me and says yeah right babe, you know what you're doing, >but I want to do it with you & I know you like me"

Then one day I'm upset because you're either out working or bonking your secretary and ...

xL
...you know I'm only kidding, don't ya?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 05:59:23 PM »

complex?

please define...
xL

honey u r english...european women for the most part dont act like sex is the end all...
ya wouldn't understand..

needless..you'd be disgusted by how some women act here in the US
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
I'm going to screw your best friend, ok?  That's not cheating if I tell you first?  I've always liked him better than you.  He has a nicer smile and he's been coming on to me for at least ten years.  I've been telling him I love you, but he won't listen, he just smiles at me and says yeah right babe, you know what you're doing, >but I want to do it with you & I know you like me"

Then one day I'm upset because you're either out working or bonking your secretary and ...

xL
...you know I'm only kidding, don't ya?

Maybe people are missing the point. I mean being honest enough to tell people the truth and live with the consequences. Too many people skulk around until getting caught and then blame someone else. Asked on two forums to see if the perspectives were very different between the sexes.

I've heard tons of reasons over the years but nothing that made sense. Perhaps each case is so individual that one single explanation would fit.

Maybe the topic was too serious.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 04:05:25 AM »
Maybe people are missing the point. I mean being honest enough to tell people the truth and live with the consequences. Too many people skulk around until getting caught and then blame someone else.
A guy i know cheated on his longtime girlfriend. After he came home he told her and said, "it's quite possible it will happen again". Needless to say, the relationship ended soon after.  ;D
Gotto give him props for being honest, though most guys said he was stupid for telling her.

About your question, men and women cheat about as much as the other. Women are just better at hiding it and discovering it. A lot of men tell it to others so the word spreads.
There are obviously many reasons, but i think men do it more for sex, while women do it to feel better about themselves. They want to feel wanted, desired. I read that about 10% of kids isn't from the man they call dad.

For the dutch people, check this out,  ;D
http://www.jappo.nl/valentijn.html
$

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 05:01:05 AM »
I think women cheat for  the emotional aspect as well as the sex. On a radio talk show they had men who were "Maintenance Men", you the ones who the women are cheating with. And the state that they are either having sex with the women or taking them out to dinner, movies, going shopping, and having good convo with the women, basically everything that her man wasn't doing or used to do. Many of the women who called in basically echoed that response.

So I guess it is because a man takes the woman for granted, and that equates to her looking for someone to make her feel "special"

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 06:45:40 AM »
I agree w/Parker.

From what I've seen a lot of times it stems from the person feeling like their needs are not being met by the other.

According to Dr. Willard Harley, author or "His Needs, Her Needs," from his information gathered from counseling thousands of men and women, he discovered that most women have five major emotional needs.

They are:

1. Affection.
2. Conversation.
3. Honesty & Openness.
4. Financial Support. (don't get mad Jag...its most women..not all women according to Harley ;D )
5. Family Commitment.

Just FYI he believes men's major emotional needs are:

They are:

1. Sexual Fulfillment.
2. Recreational Companionship.
3. An Attractive Spouse.
4. Domestic Support.
5. Admiration.

In addition Gary Chapman, the author of The Five Love Languages believes in 5 main "Love Languages" or major needs that are universal to men and women. 

They are:

1. Quality Time
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

His feeling is that each person has a primary Love Language that is most important to them and if they are not receiving that, they feel unfulfilled and may become disillusioned in their current situation and their relationship may suffer in many ways (including getting their Love Language filled by someone else).
R

cl

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 09:08:24 AM »
It does not matter if its a guy or a woman... Cheating is cheating if you are with some one you need to be with that person ... If things get bad and don't work out both need to leave or end it before see other people... IT CALLED RESPECT .... The truth might hurt but in the end the other person will respect you ... If you are in a relationship and need to cheat you don't belong where you are at...

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 09:59:49 AM »
It does not matter if its a guy or a woman... Cheating is cheating if you are with some one you need to be with that person ... If things get bad and don't work out both need to leave or end it before see other people... IT CALLED RESPECT .... The truth might hurt but in the end the other person will respect you ... If you are in a relationship and need to cheat you don't belong where you are at...

Amen!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 10:13:41 AM »

I agree.

People today have very little respect for others let alone themself.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 10:15:54 AM »
How about the lame relationships that just go on for show, when they both cant really stand each other ;D.
I know this guy who's HOPING to get deployed to Iraq again! But These 2 really put on a American Success Show for the neighbors.  ??? Both have relations out of the marriage to. I guess the big house that they really cant afford is the main thing. It is so funny.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 02:50:43 PM »

If any more people took this route, there would be a lot more happier relationships/marriages.Oh, and COMMUNICATION helps a lot!!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 03:00:45 PM »

Your woman beem messing round doc?
P

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 08:03:51 PM »
Your woman beem messing round doc?

No, LOL!

Idle curiosity. It's one of those questions where an honest answer is difficult to come by.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 12:23:31 AM »
Women cheat because of revenge, lack of fulfillment at home, anger with themselves, lack of self esteem, mid-life crisis, lots of reasons. Most can be avoided with an open communication between significant others, willingness to try new things and places, and real desire to hold the relationship together. Just remember one of my favorite sayings "No man was ever shot while washing dishes" so before things get ugly at home, why not try doing a couple of nice things for her. The payoff are immense and if she's happy at home, why look elsewhere?

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 03:08:37 AM »
Women cheat because of revenge, lack of fulfillment at home, anger with themselves, lack of self esteem, mid-life crisis, lots of reasons. Most can be avoided with an open communication between significant others, willingness to try new things and places, and real desire to hold the relationship together. Just remember one of my favorite sayings "No man was ever shot while washing dishes" so before things get ugly at home, why not try doing a couple of nice things for her. The payoff are immense and if she's happy at home, why look elsewhere?
Ray McNeil was shot cooking chicken.

Twice.

In general i agree with the post though, but each relationship is different. Some women are impossible to please, that's a good sign to break up.
$

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 08:04:04 AM »
Women cheat for the same reason men cheat. Either way its wrong. What pisses me off is when these cheaters try to justify their cheating.

PB