Author Topic: I just saw a dead body in the road  (Read 3501 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I just saw a dead body in the road
« on: March 30, 2007, 09:24:28 AM »
http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=11866&z=3&p=

I'm driving down thru fort myers and traffic slams on the brakes.  Nothing moves.  I take a backstreet and make my stop.  I come back the other way about 20 minutes later and there is a dead man lying in the road.  Horrible sight.  shirtless, lying on the pavement, face indistinguishable.  i must have rubbernecked for a good ten seconds.  Brutal sight.  Drive careful today.

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: I just saw a dead body in the road
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 09:28:18 AM »
Nasty, huh.  Happened to me one night too.  I arrived before the cops or anything, some drunk bastard fell out of the back of a pick up truck.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 09:37:16 AM »
Ewwwww  :-X
S

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:48:45 AM »
I don't know how those EMT people do it, scooping up human hamburger all the time
X

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »
My girlfriend was just there in Fort Myers, she came home Wednesday night. I was going to go but hanging out with a couple of retiree's for a week didn't sound like fun.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:57:41 AM »
this guy was driving 70 to 80 mph.  this truck turned in front of him and he hit the door head on.  was dead on impact.  the news is playing it over and over.  You can see my truck in the background!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:55:32 AM »

I'm driving down thru fort myers and traffic slams on the brakes.  Nothing moves.  I take a backstreet and make my stop.  I come back the other way about 20 minutes later and there is a dead man lying in the road.  Horrible sight.  shirtless, lying on the pavement, face indistinguishable.  i must have rubbernecked for a good ten seconds.  Brutal sight.  Drive careful today.
did you at least take your picture with it ;D

bench

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »
did you at least take your picture with it ;D

bench

shoot!  there's a lot to be said for phone cameras.
X

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »
Poor little Nick Hersh! Just couldn't take the shame and humiliation...

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »
He was on a motorcycle with no helmet? 

Are you in that pic on the site?   

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »

I'm driving down thru fort myers and traffic slams on the brakes.  Nothing moves.  I take a backstreet and make my stop.  I come back the other way about 20 minutes later[/v] and there is a dead man lying in the road.  Horrible sight.  shirtless, lying on the pavement, face indistinguishable.  i must have rubbernecked for a good ten seconds.  Brutal sight.  Drive careful today.

They left the body in the middle of the road uncovered for over 20min?!?!?! Doesn't make sense. Were the authorities on scene when you first passed by? ???

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
i saw my first dead body being thrown out of the side of a car driving home from the beach at the tender age of 11...or around there..

i;'ve been driving since it ws hard for me to reach the pedals.. :D

the van ws a few miles ahead..slowed down..and threw something out..i knew it ws a body..i slowed down to take a curious glance and then kept on driving..

made for interesting school yard gossip the next day.. :-\

America = paradise  when will ya cu nts realize that?
carpe` vaginum!

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »
the cop that does the investigation has to go to the victims house to tell the family members they lost their son. at least your not that guy

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »
the cop that does the investigation has to go to the victims house to tell the family members they lost their son. at least your not that guy

1999 the only time i've been back to paki..3 am we get a call at couzins house that my fathers first couzin been found mysteriously dead with his car wrapped around a tree..my couzin and i woke up and hurried to his house..the guy used to travel with bodyguards..ws a party animal with strong political ties..ie untouchable..

anyhow..i remember his mum coming up to me asking asking me why i ws at her house at that hour..i couldn't do it..i made an excuse..i waited till his brother (who i also grew up calling uncle) got home..

who incidentally now is head of anti terrorism task force now in karachi (surprise surprise)....we dont want him to be..puts our family at risk..

i'm rambling guys..excuse me...a trip down amnesia lane.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »
I saw a couple dead hobos at the Bronx railyard whe I was growing up.
The House that Ruth built

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »
yeah he was there 20 min later, inexplicably.  For some sick fate chance moment, he was uncovered and just out there when I was stopped next to him in the opposite direction. 

no authorities on the scene at first.  i took a sidestreet around the clusterfck that traffic instantly became, and i never heard a siren til i was on the way back.  and even then, there was a minimal police presence.  They might have been stuck in the crowd - I only saw motorcycle cops when I drove past - perhaps they were able to scoot in while the cars could not.  I haven't caught today's update of it.  I have thought about it all day for the last day now, though. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 02:13:30 PM »
wow, he was 17.  Messed up.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 02:17:42 PM »
As a fellow motorcyclist, I feel bad for the guy...

Had he been wearing a helmet, he may have lived... A shame he was speeding.

Young lives snuffed out... I do often wonder if this isn't Natural Selection at its most brutal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 01:10:28 AM »
he was doing an estimated 80 and hit the side of a truck, killed instantly.  I don't know what a helmet would have done.  His head wasn't recognizable when i saw him lying in the road.  Most was there, but it was just *different*. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 03:23:37 AM »
he was doing an estimated 80 and hit the side of a truck, killed instantly.  I don't know what a helmet would have done.  His head wasn't recognizable when i saw him lying in the road.  Most was there, but it was just *different*. 

You'd be surprised at how much a Helmet can help.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:02 AM »

That would definately suck...I didn't know how they do that...wasn't sure if they sent a cop or a phone call or what.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »
You'd be surprised at how much a Helmet can help.

You would be surprised how much they won't help too. Friend of mines brother is a quadriplegic because of the helmet he wore. The Dr. said if he'd not been wearing a that helmet, he would still be able to walk, though more injured at the time of the accident. He's also as good as a vegetable too. :(

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 12:53:40 PM »
You would be surprised how much they won't help too. Friend of mines brother is a quadriplegic because of the helmet he wore. The Dr. said if he'd not been wearing a that helmet, he would still be able to walk, though more injured at the time of the accident. He's also as good as a vegetable too. :(

I don't understand... How did the helmet cause his injury? Please explain.

While I've heard of such things happening, I've never had anyone explain how hitting ones head without a helmet would have been better than hitting ones head with one.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »
I can't explain that to you, but that's what the doctor said. Some bicycle helmets are also worse than getting in an accident without one.
Personally, I hate helmets and stopped riding a bike when the law was imposed that you have to wear one. But, I do think overall they help your safety. What I said above, that was the exception, not the rule.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »
 i saw a guy jump of my old building where i used to live.  2 times. it didnt effect me that mutch.