Author Topic: Professor who criticized Bush added to terrorist 'no-fly' list  (Read 1586 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
A top Constitutional scholar from Princeton who gave a televised speech that slammed President George W. Bush's executive overreach was recently told that he had been added to the Transportation Security Administration's terrorist watch list.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Professor_who_criticized_Bush_added_to_0409.html

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Professor who criticized Bush added to terrorist 'no-fly' list
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »
A top Constitutional scholar from Princeton who gave a televised speech that slammed President George W. Bush's executive overreach was recently told that he had been added to the Transportation Security Administration's terrorist watch list.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Professor_who_criticized_Bush_added_to_0409.html

good, I'm trying to get you added next, shouldn't be hard
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
What a disgrace. So that sham of an administration has resorted to punishing those that publicily disagree with it? What a joke.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
What a disgrace. So that sham of an administration has resorted to punishing those that publicily disagree with it? What a joke.

are you sure that is all he did?
gotta love life

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 12:32:21 PM »
are you sure that is all he did?

Nope but considering his name is Murphy and that he's the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence, Emeritus, at Princeton University I don't think he's engaging in much terrorism.

I know Princeton and the name Murphy have been synonymous with the word terrorism in the past but I'd be willing to bet this guy won't be partaking in much terrorism in the next few years. Of course that's just a hunch.

Of course if you've got proof of something else I'd love to see it.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 12:44:43 PM »
Nope but considering his name is Murphy and that he's the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence, Emeritus, at Princeton University I don't think he's engaging in much terrorism.

I know Princeton and the name Murphy have been synonymous with the word terrorism in the past but I'd be willing to bet this guy won't be partaking in much terrorism in the next few years. Of course that's just a hunch.

Of course if you've got proof of something else I'd love to see it.

just asking a question..I think it is part of the secret services job to identify anyone that shows a likely hood to want to cause harm to the pres, If this guy said it about a Dem, I would feel the same. There are just things you don't do in America. Publically bashing the pres is one of those things and should continue to be with whoever is pres. Plus they have shown in the past they will do this, so should he had been so suprised?
gotta love life

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »
just asking a question..I think it is part of the secret services job to identify anyone that shows a likely hood to want to cause harm to the pres, If this guy said it about a Dem, I would feel the same. There are just things you don't do in America. Publically bashing the pres is one of those things and should continue to be with whoever is pres. Plus they have shown in the past they will do this, so should he had been so suprised?

He can't even be critical of the president? I thought this was America..  :-\ It's obvious that the Bush administration wasn't happy with this guy being critical, so they just abused their powers. That's anti-democratic.

From the article:

Murphy is a decorated Marine who served in the Korean War and was a reservist for 19 years. Mark Graber, who presented the blog post, adds that there were other reasons that Murphy was an unlikely terror suspect.

Guy served his country and now he's considered a terrorist for giving his opinion.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »
There are just things you don't do in America.

I forgot free speech was one of them ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 12:56:37 PM »

Funny how guys standing up for all things american are considered terror sympathizers by the one's who don't mind ignoring the constitution.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »

All he did was give a speech that was critical of Bush. How is that in any way, shape or form terrorism? We've come to the point where we can't even be critical of Bush?

I was always under the belief that you couldn't threaten the President but criticize? Come one. This is reminiscent of controlling communist tactics. It's disgusting.

Not to mention Murphy was a Marine and a reservist for nearly 2 decades. I'd say he's a better American than Bush ever was or ever will be.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 01:07:36 PM »
All he did was give a speech that was critical of Bush. How is that in any way, shape or form terrorism? We've come to the point where we can't even be critical of Bush?

I was always under the belief that you couldn't threaten the President but criticize? Come one. This is reminiscent of controlling communist tactics. It's disgusting.

Not to mention Murphy was a Marine and a reservist for nearly 2 decades. I'd say he's a better American than Bush ever was or ever will be.

It's McCarthyism all over again.

Fortunately enough, the democracy in USA is strong and will never let something like this pass.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 02:29:45 PM »
good, I'm trying to get you added next, shouldn't be hard
I wouldn't notice asswipe; I don't fly.  You on the other hand will notice being placed on the nazi-scumbags destroying America list ;)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »

just watch, after 9/11, it will happen for the rest of time. It isn't just a Bush thing. If somsone does the next Pres. it will become par for the course...Just like you don't call black women nappy hoes, you don't publically bash the pres. unless you want this to happen. I knew you guys would only harp on free speach when it fit your own agenda.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »
MM69, do your really take yourself serious or is the Gomer routine of yours just for show? :D 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 04:53:56 PM »
MM69, do your really take yourself serious or is the Gomer routine of yours just for show? :D 

I just enjoy the hypocrisy that is the politics board....but if you guys think bush is the only president that would do this just wait and see, of course it will be along time before you get a Dem in that seat, but if it ever happens, remember this thread
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 05:10:16 PM »
I just enjoy the hypocrisy that is the politics board....but if you guys think bush is the only president that would do this just wait and see, of course it will be along time before you get a Dem in that seat, but if it ever happens, remember this thread
The Almighty says don't change the subject; just answer the fucking question... Are you a gomer by nature or are your antics an act?  I get the impression you suffer from a bad case of O'Reilly Itis where the inflicted grows up wanting to be just like Frank Burns :P