Author Topic: Al Sharpton WILL NOT be pursuing South Park for using N-word repeatedly  (Read 2965 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
From last night's Bill Mauer.

Bill asked Sharpton if he'll be pursuing South Park now, as a recent episode used the N-word repeatedly.
Sharpton said no, as Comedy Central is designed to be funny, make people laugh.

I don't get it. 

Imus tried to be funny with a derogatory comment, and Sharpton rallied to have him fired. 
Comedy Central tried to be funny, made derogatory comments and used the N-word multiple times, and Sharpton isn't upset.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
What about the Amzing Racist saying "beener" over and over again? I'm sure Jesse Jackson would dismiss this guy to "Hymietown" and Al would spit some rhymes.

I should become a comedian, go on Sharpton's show and say "nig ger" and say, "well, I am a comedian and I was trying to be funny."
Squishy face retard

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve

Bill asked Sharpton if he'll be pursuing South Park now, as a recent episode used the N-word repeatedly.

I don't get it. 

Imus tried to be funny with a derogatory comment, and Sharpton rallied to have him fired. 
Comedy Central tried to be funny, made derogatory comments and used the N-word multiple times, and Sharpton isn't upset.

Sharpton picks his battles, comedy central would tell him to kiss his ass and Matt and Trey would just make a movie attacking him directly. They don't play the PC game
gotta love life

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
I think it's got to do with context and also who is the target of the joke.  

What Imus said was a racist and sexist slur.  It wasn't a joke.  It wasn't funny, ironic, etc...

personally, I think the whole thing was overblown but it could also be a "straw that broke the camels back" kind of thing too.  

youandme

• Getbig V
I should become a comedian, go on Sharpton's show and say "####" and say, "well, I am a comedian and I was trying to be funny."

that would be funny

Cap

• Getbig V
I think it's got to do with context and also who is the target of the joke.   

What Imus said was a racist and sexist slur.  It wasn't a joke.  It wasn't funny, ironic, etc...

personally, I think the whole thing was overblown but it could also be a "straw that broke the camels back" kind of thing too. 
It was funny

It was no more sexist than the f-ing rappers saying the same shit for decades

Imus didn't even initiate the discussion

Rutgers and the surrounding area of NJ are shit

They do have nappy hair

Here I come Mr. Sharpton....Comedian Cap coming to spit some rhymes and racial comments....it's all for laughs, like South Park
Squishy face retard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It was funny

It was no more sexist than the f-ing rappers saying the same shit for decades

Imus didn't even initiate the discussion

Rutgers and the surrounding area of NJ are shit

They do have nappy hair

Here I come Mr. Sharpton....Comedian Cap coming to spit some rhymes and racial comments....it's all for laughs, like South Park

John Kerry is better at telling jokes than Imus

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
hey Cap, being a comedian didn't work for that Micheal Richards guy too well.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

I don't get it. 

I think what happend to Imus was extreme overkill and will only backfire with the majority of Americans.  Not a win for the so called black leadership.  But, I have to disagree with Imus making a joke, there wan't a joke there, it didn't sound remotely close to anything intended for humor.  It was a clear attack which at most he should have been rebuked for.  Imus does a lot of good things too, the reaction was beyond absurd.

Cap

• Getbig V
hey Cap, being a comedian didn't work for that Micheal Richards guy too well.
Yea, he should have attacked thos loud beeners or Jews....he would have been fine

I'm not about saying racial shit but there needs to be an even punihsment for comments about ALL races...not just our black bretheren
Squishy face retard

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Al Sharpton WILL NOT be pursuing South Park for using N-word repeatedly
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 07:11:30 PM »
http://www.southparkzone.com/episode.php?vid=1101

here is that episode it's pretty funny

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 07:17:41 PM »
Sharpton has claimed that his attack on Imus - who is a political comedian who has owned Sharpton over the years for his political positions - had NOTHING to do with anything personal or political.

Yet Comedy Central, which very clearly disrespected black people WAY worse than Imus, gets a free pass?

I don't get it.  Sharpton has lost credibility.  If he believes in protesting one accidental statement, why not vehemently go after the worse statement which was CLEARLY premeditated, from South park?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »
Sharpton has claimed that his attack on Imus - who is a political comedian who has owned Sharpton over the years for his political positions - had NOTHING to do with anything personal or political.

Yet Comedy Central, which very clearly disrespected black people WAY worse than Imus, gets a free pass?

I don't get it.  Sharpton has lost credibility.  If he believes in protesting one accidental statement, why not vehemently go after the worse statement which was CLEARLY premeditated, from South park?

The only credibility Sharpton has is what you give him.
w

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 07:34:25 PM »

He knew he could beat CBS, he knows he can't beat CC
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
He knew he could beat CBS, he knows he can't beat CC

kind of like you, you know you can't beat me so you don't want to play anymore
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »

Was his comments in context of a joke? Sounded like an attack.  I actually didn't know he was a comedian.  Never found anything he said remotely funny but he is listed as a comedian.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 08:40:43 PM »
Was his comments in context of a joke? Sounded like an attack.  I actually didn't know he was a comedian.  Never found anything he said remotely funny but he is listed as a comedian.

his show is full of skits and impersonations, in addition to interviews, news, and sports.  They had a full time comedian on the show who dressed as a different celebrity/politician each day.   They ripped on people during sports, news, everything.  Of course what he said was bad, but it was meant in comedy, not in hurt, IMO. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 09:02:41 PM »
one thing is for sure, Al Sharpton loses bigtime with this.  Judging by his overly grumpy demeanor, I think this kind of sunk in on Bill Maher.  As the days go on and Imus is gone, people are going to get more and more annoyed at this massive overreaction.  In fighting racism, this is one whopper of a mistake.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »
his show is full of skits and impersonations, in addition to interviews, news, and sports.  They had a full time comedian on the show who dressed as a different celebrity/politician each day.   They ripped on people during sports, news, everything.  Of course what he said was bad, but it was meant in comedy, not in hurt, IMO. 

he was no comedian, might have tried to be
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 09:09:15 PM »
he was no comedian, might have tried to be

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 09:11:43 PM »
what is so racist about blaming the shooting on a black guy anyway, I mean lets crunch the numbers. from 1974-2004, blacks committed 56% of all gun related homicides

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

so the numbers were in my favor, I was wrong, it ended up being a mexican, but we all knew it wasn't a white guy right?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 09:16:15 PM »

so again how is that directed at anyone on here. I was basing my statement off of the TONS of facts available that show 6 out of 10 times it would have been a non white....what is racist about that. I can back that statement up...It is factual
gotta love life

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 09:23:52 PM »

what is so racist about blaming the shooting on a black guy anyway, I mean lets crunch the numbers. from 1974-2004, blacks committed 56% of all gun related homicides

so the numbers were in my favor, I was wrong, it ended up being a mexican, but we all knew it wasn't a white guy right?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 09:24:52 PM »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

unfortunately the numbers don't lie
gotta love life