Author Topic: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant  (Read 32188 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Alec Baldwin berates his 11 yr old daughter in abusive voicemail rant
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »
Be honest you thought that for the most part OJ was innocent. ;D

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »
I put a kid in time out today (in one of my jobs) and he tried to hit me and I yelled at his little ass.  If I tried to hit someone in authority at that age, my dad would have whipped the belt out faster than I could blink.  It's really quite sad and if parents did punish (not necessarily spanking although it worked in the 40's and 50's  ;D) then these little douches would act right.
 Exactly!  A good ass whooping would go a long way in this world.

Tell me about it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »
do you hear the way kids talk to their parents these days?

I imagine it's 10 times worse for a girl who probably has maids clean her room, chef's cook her dinner, gets everything she wants all because mommy and daddy are in the movies ::)

E

You sound resentful of Ireland because she has famous parents.
What makes you think she's a spoiled brat or another Paris Hilton?

From everything I know, Ireland is a normal 11 yr old, and Kim is a very good mother.

Ps: What's at issue here is not "how kids talk to their parents these days" ...it is "how Alec talked to his kid!"  8)
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2007, 06:15:36 AM »

From everything I know, Ireland is a normal 11 yr old, and Kim is a very good mother.

Ps: What's at issue here is not "how kids talk to their parents these days" ...it is "how Alec talked to his kid!"  8)

Chances are that she's a spoiled brat. If I were Alec Baldwin then I'd smack her and ground her for 100 days.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »

That's one issue.  Another is privacy.  Another is what prompted this tirade.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2007, 10:44:51 AM »

Delusional once again. Doesn't MATTER if she's a spoiled brat, don't talk to a kid like a sailor unless you want her to sound that way in future. Be smart, unlike bum.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2007, 10:46:09 AM »

Possibly, ...however if my theory is correct, it nullifies those doesn't it?  8)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »
Possibly, ...however if my theory is correct, it nullifies those doesn't it?  8)

Yeah.   :-\

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »

if i'm resentful than that means you put celebrities on a pedestal ::)

from everything you know lol and how much could you possibly know about them and what goes on behind closed doors? ::)

the tabloids don't always print the whole story honey ;)

I believe that there are always two sides to the story and I don't beleive for a minute that alec would just freak out the way he did if she was consistently a grateful, caring, loving, little girl that treated her parents with respect

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2007, 04:49:03 PM »
if i'm resentful than that means you put celebrities on a pedestal ::)

from everything you know lol and how much could you possibly know about them and what goes on behind closed doors? ::)

the tabloids don't always print the whole story honey ;)

I believe that there are always two sides to the story and I don't beleive for a minute that alec would just freak out the way he did if she was consistently a grateful, caring, loving, little girl that treated her parents with respect

E

I like the way you assume others are speculating meanwhile you give him the benefit of the doubt.. ::)

All we know for sure is that he's an out of control lout. That's confirmed.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2007, 04:53:35 PM »
I like the way you assume others are speculating meanwhile you give him the benefit of the doubt.. ::)

All we know for sure is that he's an out of control lout. That's confirmed.

it has been confirmed that you are an assclown :)

he may have a temper, but that girl isn't innocent

E
E

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »
Having a temper makes you human, not a bad parent.  There is nothing wrong with yelling to discipline.  The past 10 years of parenting have shown us what "playing nice" has done to kids.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
Delusional once again. Doesn't MATTER if she's a spoiled brat, don't talk to a kid like a sailor unless you want her to sound that way in future. Be smart, unlike bum.

A sailor? Did he curse at her? I didn't hear anything that was even newsworthy... Just admit it people, you don't like Baldwin... Fess up so the rest of us can move on.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
Having a temper makes you human, not a bad parent.  There is nothing wrong with yelling to discipline.  The past 10 years of parenting have shown us what "playing nice" has done to kids.

Yes. What's disturbing is that people are trying to debate this shit. News Flash: Not your fucking business how parents choose to discipline their kids.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »
Yes. What's disturbing is that people are trying to debate this shit. News Flash: Not your fucking business how parents choose to discipline their kids.

I agree... as long as she's not out endangering society, then they're doing a good job. (as parents)

Nothing else is your concern.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2007, 05:32:53 PM »
Washington Post:

Last week's prizewinner in the misdirected apology sweepstakes was the actor Alec Baldwin, who got caught on tape calling his 11-year-old daughter a "rude, thoughtless little pig" who lacked "brains or decency as a human being." Baldwin issued an apology on (where else?) his personal Web site. "Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose patients with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child...I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated."

Baldwin's language is revealing--what "it" does to a child. How about what he did to his child? Baldwin ought to be on his knees to his daughter, and he ought to be seeing a therapist who, perhaps, can make him understand the impact of such words on a young girl when they come from her father. But he probably prefers the reassurances of sycophants who tell him that "all parents lose patience with their kids." Yes, they do. But all parents don't call their kids pigs.

A final mark of the non-apologetic apology is the statement, "It's time to put this behind us." Translation: I want to put this behind me. Again, this sort of weasel-like apology occurs in both public and private life.

In private life, the non-apologetic apology shifts the burden from the offender to the offended. A cheating spouse says, "I'm sorry you were hurt." Translation: "If only you would stop making such a fuss and stop crying your eyes out, we could get back to normal."

In 21st-century America, unearned forgiveness is the secular twin of cheap grace. They mean the same thing: the apologizer expects to be forgiven simply because he says that he's sorry.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2007, 05:34:10 PM »
Washington Post:

Last week's prizewinner in the misdirected apology sweepstakes was the actor Alec Baldwin, who got caught on tape calling his 11-year-old daughter a "rude, thoughtless little pig" who lacked "brains or decency as a human being." Baldwin issued an apology on (where else?) his personal Web site. "Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose patients with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child...I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated."

Baldwin's language is revealing--what "it" does to a child. How about what he did to his child? Baldwin ought to be on his knees to his daughter, and he ought to be seeing a therapist who, perhaps, can make him understand the impact of such words on a young girl when they come from her father. But he probably prefers the reassurances of sycophants who tell him that "all parents lose patience with their kids." Yes, they do. But all parents don't call their kids pigs.

A final mark of the non-apologetic apology is the statement, "It's time to put this behind us." Translation: I want to put this behind me. Again, this sort of weasel-like apology occurs in both public and private life.

I wouldn't have even done that... I would have said "Fuck you" for telling my how to raise my child.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »
I wouldn't have even done that... I would have said "Fuck you" for telling my how to raise my child.

The problem is the assumption that (1) you have all the answers and (2) that being a parent allows you to do what the hell you please. NOPE  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »
The problem is the assumption that (1) you have all the answers and (2) that being a parent allows you to do what the hell you please. NOPE  ;D

Actually, it's not a problem... as a parent, (1) You DO have all of the answers for your kid, and (2) being a parent DOES allow me to keep my kids in check... sometimes it's not so nice, but sometimes kids aren't.

How many kids do you have?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »
Actually, it's not a problem... as a parent, (1) You DO have all of the answers for your kid, and (2) being a parent DOES allow me to keep my kids in check... sometimes it's not so nice, but sometimes kids aren't.

Wrong answers. Never assume you know everything or that you always know the best way. If you do you're really no different from out-of-control-and-clueless-about-it Baldwin. Neither of you questions your judgement, not healthy.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2007, 06:10:51 PM »
Thank you.  I heard stories from my grandpas about their form of discipline and I feel lucky.  He told me if he did what he did then in the current day, he would be in jail.  Kids today have it far easier and the results are shown in their behavior.  It's stupid that someone can tell me how to raise and discipline my child (when I have them).  I will spank and yell if necessary.  The belt will quell any disturbance. The wooden spoon is good back up.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2007, 06:45:36 PM »

How many kids do you have?

My guess is none. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »
Baldwin in the midst of an even bigger meltdown, and a judge already realize what some others don't::D

Baldwin makes TV apology, consults Dr Phil
April 27, 2007

Axtor Alec Baldwin will apologise to his daughter on national television later today for calling her a "thoughtless little pig", according to excerpts from a pre-taped ABC interview.

Appearing on The View for his first TV interview since he left a ranting voice-mail message to his 11-year-old daughter that was made public last week on the internet, Baldwin said he was ready to give up acting after nearly 30 years and lobby for reforms in divorce, parental visitation and custody laws.

"I would like to devote myself to the cause of parental alienation," the 49-year-old star said on The View airing today (US time).

He said he was finishing work on a book about divorce to be published in September.

Baldwin said he had asked the NBC network to let him quit his co-starring role as an egoistic TV executive on the popular sitcom 30 Rock. But the network indicated it would not let Baldwin out of his contract. "We look forward to having him continue his role in the show," NBC said. The network already had renewed the series for a second season.

Dr Phil, who offered on the CNN talk show Larry King Live to counsel the family, said Baldwin had given him permission to disclose that they had talked and that he also had "reached out privately" to Basinger.

"Obviously, calling your child a pig or anything else is improper and inappropriate, and I apologise to my daughter for that," Baldwin said. "There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry ... I took it out on the wrong person."

A Los Angeles family law judge who listened to the tape suspended Baldwin's visitation rights last week and set a hearing for May 4, at which time Baldwin could face further restrictions on his contact with the child.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
Baldwin in the midst of an even bigger meltdown, and a judge already realize what some others don't::D

Baldwin makes TV apology, consults Dr Phil
April 27, 2007

Axtor Alec Baldwin will apologise to his daughter on national television later today for calling her a "thoughtless little pig", according to excerpts from a pre-taped ABC interview.

Appearing on The View for his first TV interview since he left a ranting voice-mail message to his 11-year-old daughter that was made public last week on the internet, Baldwin said he was ready to give up acting after nearly 30 years and lobby for reforms in divorce, parental visitation and custody laws.

"I would like to devote myself to the cause of parental alienation," the 49-year-old star said on The View airing today (US time).

He said he was finishing work on a book about divorce to be published in September.

Baldwin said he had asked the NBC network to let him quit his co-starring role as an egoistic TV executive on the popular sitcom 30 Rock. But the network indicated it would not let Baldwin out of his contract. "We look forward to having him continue his role in the show," NBC said. The network already had renewed the series for a second season.

Dr Phil, who offered on the CNN talk show Larry King Live to counsel the family, said Baldwin had given him permission to disclose that they had talked and that he also had "reached out privately" to Basinger.

"Obviously, calling your child a pig or anything else is improper and inappropriate, and I apologise to my daughter for that," Baldwin said. "There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry ... I took it out on the wrong person."

A Los Angeles family law judge who listened to the tape suspended Baldwin's visitation rights last week and set a hearing for May 4, at which time Baldwin could face further restrictions on his contact with the child.

Hahaha!!!

Who gives a shit what Dr. Phil thinks?

Oh, and fuck that judge too... He's getting into some shit he shouldn't be.

I think when it's all said and done, every one of you haters will not like the ending so much.

Dr. Phil is a guy who's no smarter than anyone else, but happened to get on Oprah's show and all of a sudden every stay at home Mom / Wife on the planet thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread...

Hahahaha!

Fuck Dr. Phil too... If he tried to tell me how to raise my child, I'd tell him to fuck off to his face.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
Hahaha!!!
Who gives a shit what Dr. Phil thinks?
Oh, and fuck that judge too... He's getting into some shit he shouldn't be.
I think when it's all said and done, every one of you haters will not like the ending so much.
Dr. Phil is a guy who's no smarter than anyone else, but happened to get on Oprah's show and all of a sudden every stay at home Mom / Wife on the planet thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread...
Hahahaha!
Fuck Dr. Phil too... If he tried to tell me how to raise my child, I'd tell him to fuck off to his face.
Dr. Phil is joke who is the public face of his wife's ideas.  A total waste of life and everyone take his words as Gospel.  HE does have have a nice set though.  Lol. 
Squishy face retard