Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 40149 times)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »
Change the name to Ultimate Frisbee Championships and then maybe we can say they have some skill.

I'm sure you have sweet skills. ::)
\

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
i dont know of one boxer who accepted the full rules for any mma fighter - they always insight on limited ground work (timed amount broken up by ref).

a perfect example would be the lack of K1 champs that are champs in mma.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »
a felony fighter would kill any boxer or ufc punk anyday.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 03:00:21 PM »
rubbish,,,,,,, the pool of talent boxers go thru to reach the top makes ufc look totaly amature, and as if the boxers couldnt learn to fight ufc style... put tyson, manny pac, ricky hatton in against a ufc fighter the same weight and theyd kill them

Exactly!!  Anyone that knows boxing knows how many years and how much work goes into becoming great at it.

Brock Lesnar decided 8 months ago to fight mma and although he has a wrestling backround there is alot more to know....I think he will become a pretty good heavy weight fighter in a short time...

I guarantee if he chose boxing instead, he would never get past the golden glove amatuer level...big difference.

Phil Baroni, who I know and like and respect very much, chose to pursue mma and NOT boxing even though he was training for kick boxing, but never using his legs....  He realized that he could become  great at mma, but Boxing, even with the huge money involved, would probably never get to a open golden gloves win.

Sure anyone can turn pro in boxing, but where does that get you when you have to step up to a guy that won golden gloves, empire states, junior olympics and olympic team and still isn't the champ?

Much different disciplines.

Like we've discussed before here, if you just take a skill that BOTH athletes have and use (striking with FIST) and let them go, mma guys would get there asses handed to them by a second tier boxer....A top tier would simply make them look ridiculous.

If they wanted to do mma,  skills that a boxer NEVER developed then it would be ridiculous and the mma guy would win in most cases.  That, however, is ridiculous to compare...almost like comparing the hitting ability of a center fielder to a American League pitcher that hasn't picked up a bat in 15 years.

If we are to compare at LEAST make comparisons based on disciplines or skills BOTH athletes train, ya follow?

Enough of the boxing mma comparisons, it ridiculous after a while.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 03:04:44 PM »
"Why would I go into a sport paying hundreds of thousands when I'm in a sport paying $20 million?" Mayweather said.  ::)

Perhaps to prove what's he claiming? Of course, in reality he knows he'd get his ass kicked, but that's a convenient excuse. Boxing's going down and MMA is going up. That's the reason he feels insecure and has to say crap like that

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »
Exactly!!  Anyone that knows boxing knows how many years and how much work goes into becoming great at it.

rock Lesnar decided 8 months ago to fight mma and although he has a wrestling backround there is alot more to know....I think he will become a pretty good heavy weight fighter in a short time...

I guarantee if he chose boxing instead he would never get past the golden glove amatuer level...big difference.

Phil Baroni, who I know and like and respect very much, chose to pursue mma and NOT boxing even though he was training for kick boxing, but never using his legs....  He realized that he could become  great at mma, but Boxing, even with the huge money involved, would probably never get to a open golden gloves win.

Sure anyone can turn pro in boxing, but where does that get you when you have to step up to a guy that won golden gloves, empire states, junior olympics and olympic team and stiil isn't the champ?

Like we've discussed before here, if you just take a skill that BOTH athletes have and use, FIST, and let them go mma guys would get there asses handed to them by a second tier boxer....A top tier would simply make them look ridiculous.

If they wanted to do mma,  skills that a boxer NEVER developed then it would be ridiculous and the mma guy would win in most cases.  That, however, is ridiculous to compare...almost like comparing the hitting ability of a center fielder to a American League pitcher that hasn't picked up a bat in 15 years.

If we are to compare at LEAST make comparisons based on disciplines or skills BOTH athletes train, ya follow?

But what the guy seemed to be claiming was that if a boxer got in the octagon, he could win. Which is no where near true and has been shown by the collective beatdown every competitor who doesn't know how to grapple has realized. The ONLY place a boxer would beat MMA would be in a boxing ring under the rules of boxing. It's unrealistic to think in a real street fight everyone is going to stay on their feet and release when the ref tells them too. I won't deny that incredible amount of talent it takes to succeed in boxing, that would be rediculous. But the reason it takes such incredible skill is because boxing is so far different from simulating actual realistic hand-to-hand combat like MMA does.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »

Brock Lesnar decided 8 months ago to fight mma and although he has a wrestling backround there is alot more to know....I think he will become a pretty good heavy weight fighter in a short time...

I guarantee if he chose boxing instead, he would never get past the golden glove amatuer level...big difference.

Sure anyone can turn pro in boxing, but where does that get you when you have to step up to a guy that won golden gloves, empire states, junior olympics and olympic team and still isn't the champ?

Like we've discussed before here, if you just take a skill that BOTH athletes have and use (striking with FIST) and let them go, mma guys would get there asses handed to them by a second tier boxer....A top tier would simply make them look ridiculous.

What exactly wil his boxing skills do for him when he's on his back getting soccer kicked in the head?  ???
\

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »
Here a world class boxer shows how he can dominate a MMA fight, and how tough he is

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »

Yes, it's also waste of time. You can get an answer by spending 2 minutes watching this

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 03:54:44 PM »
karelin would crush all. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 03:59:58 PM »
I'm sure you have sweet skills. ::)

Throw me in one of those martial arts dojos, and I could take out all of your house of pain, tapout wearing compadres.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 04:03:02 PM »
a felony fighter would kill any boxer or ufc punk anyday.

kimbo got his ass kicked by a d lister in the ufc.
Deep Tissue Massage

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »
kimbo got his ass kicked by a d lister in the ufc.
And that was WITH epic intervention from his entourage.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 04:10:04 PM »
i wish mayweather would just go away. the guy is mad because boxing is losing its appeal. nobody is watching it anymore....just trying to get some press
irongearco.com

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
I think the video of gracie fighting jimmerson says it all.  Jimmerson was a pretty decent boxer and got his ass handed to him.  Shawn Sherk would do the EXACT same thing to Mayweather, except beat his ass a little more once it went to the ground.  Dana White says he'll set up the fight if Mayweather agrees to it, but Mayweather never will, regardless of how big the purse because he knows he'll get his ass kicked.  There is no doubt mayweather would kill Sherk in a boxing match, but Mayweather seems to think he could win with UFC rules.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »
Boxing is harder then UFC. Afterall UFC "fighters" just fall to the ground and wait for their "opponent" to wrestle like homosexuals.
just push some weight!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
Art Jimmerson had a professional record of 29-5 when he fought Gracie.  Thats pretty respectable, but he didnt even last 3 minutes with Gracie!  I give Mayweather less than 2 with Shawn Sherk.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »
Boxing is harder then UFC. Afterall UFC "fighters" just fall to the ground and wait for their "opponent" to wrestle like homosexuals.

that's only if the MMA guy is as skilled as Alexxx ::)
\

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 04:47:25 PM »
Unlimited Free Cocks

That is was dballin is such an activist for the cause.
just push some weight!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »

lol, the champ is always here to reveal the brutal truth!
Deep Tissue Massage

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 04:58:52 PM »
Unlimited Free Cocks

That is was dballin is such an activist for the cause.

hahaha ok Alexxx ::)

\

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
in todays day and age whoever has a glock
-

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2007, 07:24:26 PM »
i love to go to the gym and get mounted.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Old enough to know that floyd mayweather couldnt do shit on the ground

Do you HONESTLY believe that the best fighters in the world AREN'T in boxing? 

LOL!!!

It's unreal how many of you have bought into MMA.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »
Do you HONESTLY believe that the best fighters in the world AREN'T in boxing? 

LOL!!!

It's unreal how many of you have bought into MMA.

Yup they are clueless!

just push some weight!