Author Topic: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!  (Read 40167 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Re: Boxer or UFC fighter? Mayweather says boxers would punish UFC champs!!
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2007, 05:07:52 AM »
well if you think that, then where are these college brawlers and why arent they beating the top guys in each weight class? Theres big money to be made in MMA afterall. Ill tell you why they arent there, its simply because they would have their amateur asses handed to them in record time.

You think guys like Chuck, Fedor, Nog, GSP, BJ etc just walked into the sport? they train like animals every day, they gave up their jobs for the chance to fight fulltime and it paid off. MMA isnt a sport for just anybody, if you think thats the case then return the UFC1 cassette back to the video store you rented it from and pay the fucking fine. Only the best get true recognition.

fact is, Floyd would be beaten in a way he had never thought possible if he entered into a sanctioned MMA fight with any of these guys. Hell, something like that with an ego like his could very well scare him out of fighting altogether. Boxing rules then yes, he would beat these guys but only because he is trained solely to use them. Anything else and its night night Floyd
Scouser on Tour

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2007, 05:19:07 AM »
Tyson would crush Fedor  ::)

\

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2007, 05:21:25 AM »
but this doesnt take away the top boxers ability at fighting, as i said before they had to go thru a much deeper and more talented pool to get to the top, which in comparison to ufc is lightyears ahead.... if these champoins chose to train mma style since childhood they would no doubt be incredible

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2007, 05:23:08 AM »
put a 21 yr old tyson in a room with anyone and there goin to get knocked the fuck out... pure animal

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2007, 05:25:29 AM »
Yes but this thread is champs vs champs.  Unfortunately for the boxer, it is one sided, not much to do when your on your back getting stommped in the face and soccer kicked in the head.

At this point the talent pool to get there is out the window......

put a 21 yr old tyson in a room with anyone and there goin to get knocked the fuck out... pure animal

Crocop would take his head off, you are kidding right?
\

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2007, 05:30:07 AM »
firstly,, theres no such thing as a soccer kick, football is a worldwide game only americans choose to call it soccer

and yep, id put a 21 yr old tyson against anyone no kidding, in a ring, in a street,,,, anywhere

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2007, 05:41:59 AM »
firstly,, theres no such thing as a soccer kick, football is a worldwide game only americans choose to call it soccer

and yep, id put a 21 yr old tyson against anyone no kidding, in a ring, in a street,,,, anywhere

If you follow MMA....it is called a soccer kick, you may call it football, but for lack of a better technical terms, it is called a soccer kick.  21 year old tyson would get killed by a top MMA Guy, he'd have a better chance against Vitor.
\

west coast willie

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2007, 06:18:28 AM »
rubbish,,,,,,, the pool of talent boxers go thru to reach the top makes ufc look totaly amature, and as if the boxers couldnt learn to fight ufc style... put tyson, manny pac, ricky hatton in against a ufc fighter the same weight and theyd kill them

true true true. a top ranked boxer would destroy a UFC scrapper.  i would love to see a top boxer make the switch to the UFC just to prove the point. But it aint going to happen because prize money in the ufc is nothing compared to a major prize fight in vegas.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2007, 06:22:54 AM »
true true true. a top ranked boxer would destroy a UFC scrapper.  i would love to see a top boxer make the switch to the UFC just to prove the point. But it aint going to happen because prize money in the ufc is nothing compared to a major prize fight in vegas.

Delusional as the day is long ::)
\

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2007, 06:33:40 AM »
How old are you, son?
Brilliant post  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2007, 06:35:27 AM »
THIS IS A FUCKEN STUPID THREAD,

And yet you read and posted.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2007, 06:36:48 AM »
This thread is retarded.

Floyd mayweather would destroy any of the hobos that are in the UFC in a pure boxing match. He makes actual boxers look like they are moving in molases.

If they would fight by UFC "rules" (and that term is a paradox in itself) obviously he would lose.

You can not compare the two, boxing is a sport, UFC is what you could watch at any college bar at 2:00.

Why would you pay to see it on TV, when you could watch it live every Friday and Saturday Night.

"This thread is retarded" then proceeds to discuss in detail LOL

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2007, 06:40:49 AM »
Another good (although not UFC) fighter that would destroy literally every boxer he ever would fight is Mark Hunt. The man managed to beat Cro Cop...I'm beginning to notice I may have an unhealthy obsession with Cro Cop's fighting abilities...*day dreams*

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2007, 06:55:38 AM »
Bleh, its just going to end up on the floor and we all know who wins there.

With all the wrestling/groundwork UFC is really boring as shite 9 times out of 10.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2007, 07:04:26 AM »
Fukkk MMA! the true test is when they let anybody do anything they want, elbow to the back of the head, bite, poking in the eyes, everything.

in that sense, nobody will beat mike tyson. you think you can choke him out before he bites both your ears and nose off?????

shit he will bite you lips off and spit it in your face. and he will chew you fingers.

MMA is a joke. too many rules.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2007, 07:07:58 AM »
Fukkk MMA! the true test is when they let anybody do anything they want, elbow to the back of the head, bite, poking in the eyes, everything.

in that sense, nobody will beat mike tyson. you think you can choke him out before he bites both your ears and nose off?????

shit he will bite you lips off and spit it in your face. and he will chew you fingers.

MMA is a joke. too many rules.
Well, it has become to be like that. The first UFC was awesome. Bare knuckles, and the only things you couldn't do were eye-gouge, bite, and strike to the groin.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2007, 07:17:14 AM »
By UFC rules: mma fighter hands down
By boxing rules: boxer hands down

BUT...

I think one interesting thing to see is the effectiveness of a boxing strike with the lighter gloves.  I don't think any of us can imagine the brutality of a boxer like tyson (in his prime) or lennox striking someones head with 4 oz gloves.  One shot well placed shot could be all that is needed...mayweather would more than likely break his hand with the lighter gloves...

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2007, 07:20:13 AM »
By UFC rules: mma fighter hands down
By boxing rules: boxer hands down

BUT...

I think one interesting thing to see is the effectiveness of a boxing strike with the lighter gloves.  I don't think any of us can imagine the brutality of a boxer like tyson (in his prime) or lennox striking someones head with 4 oz gloves.  One shot well placed shot could be all that is needed...mayweather would more than likely break his hand with the lighter gloves...
But again, MMA has people getting kicked and kneed in the head.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2007, 07:24:24 AM »
But again, MMA has people getting kicked and kneed in the head.

I hear you...I don't think it would be close...but I don't think we've seen anyone take a hit in MMA equivalent to a bare knuckled shot from an elite heavyweight boxer.  MMA strikes are designed to stun, cut etc.  Boxing strikes are designed to bludgeon.  So hypothetically I think a boxer like tyson (again, in his prime) would have a small hope of landing a strike on an MMA fighter that would snap his neck (literally) or break every bone in his face before being taken to the ground...

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2007, 07:27:59 AM »
I hear you...I don't think it would be close...but I don't think we've seen anyone take a hit in MMA equivalent to a bare knuckled shot from an elite heavyweight boxer.  MMA strikes are designed to stun, cut etc.  Boxing strikes are designed to bludgeon.  So hypothetically I think a boxer like tyson (again, in his prime) would have a small hope of landing a strike on an MMA fighter that would snap his neck (literally) or break every bone in his face before being taken to the ground...
I dunno, I really don't think he would have time. The peek-a-boo style he adopted, while great for protecting yourself in boxing, is just about the worst thing he could do in MMA. I don't think he'd ever have sufficient time or range to set up a great punch unless he got really really lucky.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2007, 07:30:03 AM »
I dunno, I really don't think he would have time. The peek-a-boo style he adopted, while great for protecting yourself in boxing, is just about the worst thing he could do in MMA. I don't think he'd ever have sufficient time or range to set up a great punch unless he got really really lucky.

We are in agreement, but that's the opportunity for a boxer.  One shot; one opportunity...dum da da dum da da dum...

The question is if it would be enough time for the boxer to land the shot...

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2007, 07:31:24 AM »
We are in agreement, but that's the opportunity for a boxer.  One shot; one opportunity...dum da da dum da da dum...

The question is if it would be enough time for the boxer to land the shot...
Which is the part I just don't buy. There are some unbelievably fast men in the UFC.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2007, 07:33:53 AM »
Which is the part I just don't buy. There are some unbelievably fast men in the UFC.

Well, that's why the play the game (or fight the fights in this case)

If GSP can lose like he did...I think a boxer should create enough doubt in your mind to at least want to see the fight...

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2007, 07:35:52 AM »
Well, that's why the play the game (or fight the fights in this case)

If GSP can lose like he did...I think a boxer should create enough doubt in your mind to at least want to see the fight...
Very true, I never saw a beatdown like that coming his way. At the same time, there was Couture's complete domination of Sylvia, who is more of a striker than a competent grappler. Captain America is certainly quite fast for someone collecting social security checks.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2007, 07:39:01 AM »
UFC wins:

-More skillz

-More dangerous weapons-feet no. 1