Author Topic: carbs in juice?  (Read 1636 times)

YorkTown

• Getbig II
carbs in juice?
« on: April 23, 2007, 06:56:09 AM »
Q. are the carbs in a glass of juice of good enough quality? or do i need to eat veggies with a meal?

My Protein/carb/fat ratio is about 30/35/35.

Sometimes when I eat im carb deficient though. like when I have tilapia its 90% protein and 10% fat(olive oil). I dont eat veggies so no carbs. I keep meal calories as low as possible and eat every 2-4 hours.

my daily calorie intake is between 1,900 and 2,300. i weigh 190-195 lbs.

if having 250ml of juice with my tilapia would be acceptable, that would be easier for me then eating veggies. I've gotten used to small quantity meals and find im stuffed with a fish fillet as it is. I dont want to stretch my stomache or else that will accustom me to eat more.

sorry for the shambled post.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: carbs in juice?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 08:22:15 AM »
in many commercial-bought juices, a substantial portion of the carbs are attributable to high fructose corn syrup- not a good carb source. 

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »
in many commercial-bought juices, a substantial portion of the carbs are attributable to high fructose corn syrup- not a good carb source. 

Even if it is fresh juice be careful, you will get much more satisfied, more fiber and less calories from eating the actual fruit.  Limit fruit juice, even if it's fresh or natural.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:59:57 AM »
Agreed.  And further, it may be wise to keep fruit consumption on the more moderate side altogether.

YorkTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 05:28:48 AM »
I forgot about the fructose and sugar in the juice.

I've been drinking fruitopia recently and was looking more at the no artificial flavor or preservatives.

2 weeks of fruitopia and orange juice (750+ml a day) bumped me up from 185lbs to 195lbs.

one week of limiting the juice to 250-500ml a day and im back to 190lbs.

never would have thought juice could do that.

i've been trying out cranberry juice since its supposed to be good for you. does anyone know of a good brand that doesnt have fructose/cornsyrup/too much sugar?

I will have to poke aroudn some more for nutrional driks info on this site. thanks for any help in this thread.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:36:53 AM »
I forgot about the fructose and sugar in the juice.

I've been drinking fruitopia recently and was looking more at the no artificial flavor or preservatives.

2 weeks of fruitopia and orange juice (750+ml a day) bumped me up from 185lbs to 195lbs.

one week of limiting the juice to 250-500ml a day and im back to 190lbs.

never would have thought juice could do that.

i've been trying out cranberry juice since its supposed to be good for you. does anyone know of a good brand that doesnt have fructose/cornsyrup/too much sugar?

I will have to poke aroudn some more for nutrional driks info on this site. thanks for any help in this thread.

Real cranberry juice is a great antioxidant but it doesn't taste very good.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 11:09:05 AM »
Since when does olive oil have carbs?

YorkTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 11:03:06 PM »
yeah sorry. i messed up writing carbs instead of fat. i corrected that and a few typos.

btw the juice i was drinking meant that i was drinking less water. 750ml of juice is worth about 400 calories. thats quite alot now that i think about it.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 11:55:01 AM »
Yorktown...why not drink something like crystal lite?

I try not to drink sugary fruit juices...sometimes I may mix an unflavored whey protein with some sort of crystal lite

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »
Yorktown...why not drink something like crystal lite?

I try not to drink sugary fruit juices...sometimes I may mix an unflavored whey protein with some sort of crystal lite

or even better, one of these babies (Zingers available at the supermarket) with some water gives you some antioxidents and metabolic-promoting green tea (killing two birds with one stone) and zero carbs.  See below: