Author Topic: ‘How-to’ Manual Found in Al Qaeda Safe House Shows Disturbing Torture Methods  (Read 9530 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Amazing how we are worked up over "waterboarding" and guys sleeping in a cell with AC and no blanket, while the enemy has a manual showing "how to drill hands, sever limbs, drag victims behind cars, remove eyes, put a blowtorch or iron to someone’s skin, suspend a person from a ceiling and electrocute them, break limbs and restrict breath and put someone’s head in a vice."   

‘How-to’ Manual Found in Al Qaeda Safe House Shows Disturbing Torture Methods
Thursday, May 24, 2007

WASHINGTON —  Al Qaeda terrorists use blow torches, electric drills and meat cleavers to torture and force information out of their victims, according to a "how-to" book discovered in a terrorist safe house in Iraq.

The Defense Department recently released disturbing images and cartoons showing how to torture a captive found by American forces during a raid on a Al Qaeda safe house a few weeks ago. They also found photos of tortured Iraqi victims.

Click here to view the Al Qaeda 'torture handbook.'

The book guides followers of Al Qaeda how to interrogate and torture captives.

The drawings and cartoons depict ways to use electric drills and irons, meat cleavers and other devices to force victims to talk or harm them.

Some of the drawings show how to drill hands, sever limbs, drag victims behind cars, remove eyes, put a blowtorch or iron to someone’s skin, suspend a person from a ceiling and electrocute them, break limbs and restrict breath and put someone’s head in a vice.

Items found at the safe house include electric drills, hammers, blow torches, meat cleavers, pliers and wire cutters, chains, screw drivers, whips and handcuffs.

Earlier this week U.S. troops found the information near Baghdad, along with five Iraqis being held.

Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters Thursday that Al Qaeda poses a dangerous threat to the United States for years to come.

"Clearly, whatever military advice we give, both in Iraq and regionally, must take into account that this group — of Al Qaeda — has targeted free nations, to include the United States, and how our long-term plan and our long-term recommendations must deal with that very real threat to the United States," Pace said at a Pentagon briefing.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said the United States continues to direct most efforts to defeating Al Qaeda, but he predicted insurgents in Iraq will ramp up attacks this summer

"I think the worry that we have is clearly what we have seen over the past year: that whatever progress is made — and particularly in the last few months — often is overshadowed when Al Qaeda will launch a major attack that kills a lot of innocent civilian Iraqis," Gates said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275341,00.html

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
The only counterargument that is going to be brought up and be valid is that terrorists are not and do not claim to represent nation-states.  That being said, there is no reason why there is such an uproar about this (and people blame Bush and Co.) when this has been a common practice for decades, in many nations. 

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/0,4644,1783,00.html#1_0

Skin burning and cutting (seen below) has nothing on water torture and AC.
Squishy face retard

The Coach

You beat me too it......

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,275341,00.html

Someone will come on here and say it's BS because it was on FOX!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
It's believable and sickening.

Our wonderful country shouldn't ever stoop so low.

S

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111

We haven't.  Waterboard<Skin blow torching
Squishy face retard

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
We haven't.  Waterboard<Skin blow torching

Thats your opinion.

The thing is... I'm not against the bastards being tortured.  I'm fine with an isolated case where some soldiers nearly beat a suspected terrorist to death, or whatever.  It only when its officially carried out in the name of this country that it bothers me.
S

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Items found at the safe house include ... whips and handcuffs.

So what's the problem?

:D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

They learned all that stuff from watching Hollywood movies.  We *want* them importing Americanism, so the presence of this book is actually a GOOD thing.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I wonder if we can ever be privy to the CIA methods of extracting information.  I'm sure they much more sophisticated........... ...........lol

Ahh yes,  we "the good guys" would never do anything like in that manual...actually we'd just get someone else to do it for us.   :)

Don't get me wrong.......

The Coach

I wonder if we can ever be privy to the CIA methods of extracting information.  I'm sure they much more sophisticated........... ...........lol

Ahh yes,  we "the good guys" would never do anything like in that manual...actually we'd just get someone else to do it for us.   :)

Don't get me wrong.......

Unfreakingbelievable.... ....I can't believe you said that!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Unfreakingbelievable........I can't believe you said that!

Do the Egyptians torture people for us?  ???
S

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
The only counterargument that is going to be brought up and be valid is that terrorists are not and do not claim to represent nation-states.  That being said, there is no reason why there is such an uproar about this (and people blame Bush and Co.) when this has been a common practice for decades, in many nations. 

You realize of course that the reason that no one except Bush supporters or War mongers are going to care about this is because this thread is attempting to compare the U.S. with Al Qaeda something the vast vast majority of Bush detractors would never do.

Only the most extreme idiots would compare the torture techniques of the U.S. with those of Al Qaeda and actually mean it.

Many of us don't like the U.S. using torture but that doesn't mean we compare them with Al Qaeda, to even mention the idea is pure rhetoric and propaganda.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Unfreakingbelievable........I can't believe you said that!

Just being real dude.  Not brainwashed into thinking anyone of us is above doing what needs to be done.

Get over it.

Obviously you got me wrong.

Not really surprised by it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Appalling.  >:(  Those guys are animals.  I bet CNN didn't put this on their front page because it didn't involve any wrongdoing by Americans. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Appalling.  >:(  Those guys are animals.  I bet CNN didn't put this on their front page because it didn't involve any wrongdoing by Americans. 

If they didn't put it on the front page, it was probably because there is no case, which means the story becomes a bit empty.

But I agree, these methods are horrible.

And Al-Qaida is terrible, through and through.

There is no justification for that organisation, whatsoever.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If they didn't put it on the front page, it was probably because there is no case, which means the story becomes a bit empty.

You're giving them too much credit.   :)

Laughing Sam's Dice

• Getbig IV
  • $12.95 per monthman
The thing is... I'm not against the bastards being tortured.  I'm fine with an isolated case where some soldiers nearly beat a suspected terrorist to death, or whatever. 

Well as long as the person is suspected of being a terrorist, of course its justifiable to nearly kill him.  ::)

Dumbass.
Stick out your tongue.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
If the administration lied about Pat Tillman's death (among many lies)........who's to say this information is correct?

Decker

• Getbig V
Amazing how we are worked up over "waterboarding" and guys sleeping in a cell with AC and no blanket, while the enemy has a manual showing "how to drill hands, sever limbs, drag victims behind cars, remove eyes, put a blowtorch or iron to someone’s skin, suspend a person from a ceiling and electrocute them, break limbs and restrict breath and put someone’s head in a vice."   

Wow.  The US is not as bad a torturer as Al Qaeda.

Strike up the band!  We can hang our hats on that with pride!.

Come on Beach Bum.  We fight those torturers.  We don't become shady reflections of them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Wow.  The US is not as bad a torturer as Al Qaeda.

Strike up the band!  We can hang our hats on that with pride!.

Come on Beach Bum.  We fight those torturers.  We don't become shady reflections of them.

We're nowhere near a reflection of those animals.  It is good to keep things in perspective.  While some accuse the U.S. of torture because detainees don't get treated like Holiday Inn residents, the enemy has a policy of dismembering innocent civilians.  We're keeping the lights on all night for detainees, they are gouging people's eyes out.  We turn up the AC, they burn skin with torches. 

No, we're not anywhere near a reflection of those terrorists.   

Decker

• Getbig V
We're nowhere near a reflection of those animals.  It is good to keep things in perspective.  While some accuse the U.S. of torture because detainees don't get treated like Holiday Inn residents, the enemy has a policy of dismembering innocent civilians.  We're keeping the lights on all night for detainees, they are gouging people's eyes out.  We turn up the AC, they burn skin with torches. 

No, we're not anywhere near a reflection of those terrorists.
27 people have been beaten to death during our interrogations.  Some have had batteries hooked up to their nuts to help their recall.

These people have not been tried.  They are suspects.  Not that if they were tried that makes torture a-ok.

As for the "We're nowhere near a reflection of those animals." defense I would disagree.  We practice rendition.  We farm out the torture work.  Rendition to Egypt means being beaten with clubs and being hung from your toes.  Rendition to saudi arabia means beheadings, amputations, floggings and stonings because they do those sorts of things there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
27 people have been beaten to death during our interrogations.  Some have had batteries hooked up to their nuts to help their recall.

These people have not been tried.  They are suspects.  Not that if they were tried that makes torture a-ok.

As for the "We're nowhere near a reflection of those animals." defense I would disagree.  We practice rendition.  We farm out the torture work.  Rendition to Egypt means being beaten with clubs and being hung from your toes.  Rendition to saudi arabia means beheadings, amputations, floggings and stonings because they do those sorts of things there.

Are you saying the U.S. has tortured 27 people to death?  Proof? 

Based on what you call "rendition," you are comparing the U.S. to terrorists?  That's wild Decker.  Let me make sure I understand what you're saying.  Are you talking about people being deported back to their own countries? 

The Coach

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!

Just read your history, you fuc*king fool. Americans have done all that and more starting with indians, slaves, in korea, in vietnam, and you should not forget that your own dear CIA have teach those rag heads to use those methods. They have used billions to train afghans and iraqi "freedom fighters" to use terrorist tactics, including torture. Your wonderful country isn't any better, it is just another military dictatorship, wrapped on nice but empty words about freedom, love and good will. Your wonderful country has send your youngsters to fight a war which is all about money, which goes to pockets of the few, already rich fuc*kers who doesn't give a shit for those who thinks that they may die "for their country".  USA has been great example of "how to fight against cruelty with greater cruelty" in just about every war which it has been involved, so it is useless to try to hide it.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Just read your history, you fuc*king fool. Americans have done all that and more starting with indians, slaves, in korea, in vietnam, and you should not forget that your own dear CIA have teach those rag heads to use those methods. They have used billions to train afghans and iraqi "freedom fighters" to use terrorist tactics, including torture. Your wonderful country isn't any better, it is just another military dictatorship, wrapped on nice but empty words about freedom, love and good will. Your wonderful country has send your youngsters to fight a war which is all about money, which goes to pockets of the few, already rich fuc*kers who doesn't give a shit for those who thinks that they may die "for their country".  USA has been great example of "how to fight against cruelty with greater cruelty" in just about every war which it has been involved, so it is useless to try to hide it.

I know the History.  Sure we have committed dirty deeds, that kind of thing (shouldn't) will happen in the process of building a great nation.  In this world the smartest animals prospers. 

Maybe you would be happier if we had let the Nazis overrun Europe?  ???
S