Author Topic: Youk extends hitting streak (22 games)  (Read 4266 times)

body88

Youk extends hitting streak (22 games)
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:08:06 PM »
Had to start a thread giving shrek his props. Guy extended his hitting streak to 19 games and has his average up to 355 .Youk is so underrated it is scary. Found this article from a few days ago. Bout time someone acknowledged Youk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2882388

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Youk extends hitting streak to 19 games in texas sweep
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:23:34 PM »
He's having a great year.

So is Lowell at third base.

body88

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »
20 games! Youk hit a inside the park home run tonight, lol. Nice to get a win over a great Cleveland team. Have to give props to Dustin Pedroia. Another three hit night. Kid has raised his average up to 300. Schill only allowed 1 run and wiffed 10........ Nice bounce back from a tough outing last start.

Youk should be on the all star team this year.

body88

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 07:33:45 PM »
He's having a great year.

So is Lowell at third base.

He is really tearing it up. Manny is finally starting to heat up to.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:08:05 AM »
Great game..Youk looked like he was on fire running the bases...as soon as the ball bounced back towrd cneter field ai thought he might havea chance. Its the deepest part of the park and a bunch of weird angles..4 straight with the Yanks 13 back. Anyway RIP Marquise Hill
L

body88

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 08:28:21 AM »
Great game..Youk looked like he was on fire running the bases...as soon as the ball bounced back towrd cneter field ai thought he might havea chance. Its the deepest part of the park and a bunch of weird angles..4 straight with the Yanks 13 back. Anyway RIP Marquise Hill

RIP   :(

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 11:08:34 AM »
Youks has more multi-hit games than Ichiro. He's white hot right now. It's pretty fun to watch. He's playing stellar defense and he's hitting the cover of the ball, if he's not the player of the month and a candidate for the All-Star game then no one should be. Plus he's weird looking with that wacko goatee.  ;D

I'm heading to the game tonight to see Beckett's return. I hope it's as entertaining as the last few games have been.

And how cool was that inside the park homerun last night? Hahahhahahaha

As soon as it bounced away from the centerfielder everyone I watched it with said in unison "holy shit he's going to make it all the way home".

They're playing some baseball right now and it's fun as hell to see.

body88

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:23:01 PM »
Youks has more multi-hit games than Ichiro. He's white hot right now. It's pretty fun to watch. He's playing stellar defense and he's hitting the cover of the ball, if he's not the player of the month and a candidate for the All-Star game then no one should be. Plus he's weird looking with that wacko goatee.  ;D

I'm heading to the game tonight to see Beckett's return. I hope it's as entertaining as the last few games have been.

And how cool was that inside the park homerun last night? Hahahhahahaha

As soon as it bounced away from the centerfielder everyone I watched it with said in unison "holy shit he's going to make it all the way home".

They're playing some baseball right now and it's fun as hell to see.

Drink a few stews for me. Amazing day today. Perfect night for baseball. What a year so far! SO FAR ;)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Another wall ball for the greek god of walks..he's on fire. Becket looks ok so far.
L

body88

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 05:55:36 PM »
Another hr for youkie, 21 games.

body88

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 05:56:38 PM »
Another wall ball for the greek god of walks..he's on fire. Becket looks ok so far.

7 shut out innings so far for Josh. Beckett was ready to come back last week. Nice to have the luxery to let guys take the night off or take the time they need to be fresh.

4 - 0 sox right now.....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 06:04:21 PM »
Can we please do something about Lugo..wasn't this guy brought in as a hitter. Loreta is havinga pretty good season.
L

body88

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 07:53:30 PM »
Can we please do something about Lugo..wasn't this guy brought in as a hitter. Loreta is havinga pretty good season.

Becket was dominant tonight and improved to 8 -0 against a very, very, good team. He has been fantastic. Josh is making a legit bid for the Cy young this year, 8 - 0 with a 2.60 era. Tonight was impressive considering Cleveland was a team Josh really struggled with last year. The sox beat one of the best teams in baseball for the second night in a row, and are 14.5 up on the yanks! The sox are currently 16 -5 against teams above .500 . Papi has been out with tight hammies for the last 3 games, and a few guys are slumping. Be happy, they are beating some of best teams in baseball despite a few guys slumping, or being out for a few games. The sox can  afford to rest guys with minor issues to keep everyone 100 percent. How nice is it to let Josh take his time back after a minor issue? Same thing for papi. Give him a nice long rest so he stays 100 percent. They won the tiger series last week!  That is another very good team. Lugo will be fine. When everyone starts firing on all cylinders watch out. Look at Dustin, he raised his average from 170 to 302. Guys slump, he will be fine. Be happy and humble my friend! There is still a lot of season left.

Although I agree, Lugo needs to wake the f up. Manny is starting to heat up finally.

body88

Re: Youk extends hitting streak (21 games)
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 08:42:24 PM »
Props to Youk! He has the second highest average in the Al at 358! Posada is at 360 in first. Impressive.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 08:27:54 AM »
Drink a few stews for me. Amazing day today. Perfect night for baseball. What a year so far! SO FAR ;)

Fantastic night at Fenway. Absolutely beautiful night. The weather was perfect, Beckett looked like he never missed a day. He was dealing. Youks extended his insane hitting streak and now leads all of MLB with 25 multi-hit games. He's even leading Ichiro. He's carrying this team offensively right now. Tonight we scored 4 and he knocked in 2 of those with a double and HR.

Think about this for a moment. We are winning 70% of the games we play even though Lugo, Coco, Drew, Pena, Mirabellig and until recently Manny were hitting around .230. This is a testament to what great pitching can do for you.

Fenway is a fun place to be right now.

It was a little sad seeing Trot in a Cleveland uniform. The guy spent 13 years with the Sox.

body88

Re: Youk extends hitting streak (22 games)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 05:48:48 PM »
22 games

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Youk extends hitting streak (22 games)
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
Sox are getting away with some crap tonight.......6-2 Indians....
L