Author Topic: As Patrick Bateman once said..../TEAM PATRICK BATEMAN BEGINS  (Read 33895 times)

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
Re: As Patrick Bateman once said..../TEAM PATRICK BATEMAN BEGINS
« Reply #250 on: June 01, 2007, 12:24:22 PM »
Patrick to Louis' girlfriend (his lover): "Pumpkin, you're dating the biggest asshole in New York. A tumbling, tumbling dickwit"

LOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »
i haven't seen this movie in about 5 years

i am now forced to watch it again after reading this thread

E
E

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #252 on: June 01, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »
i haven't seen this movie in about 5 years

i am now forced to watch it again after reading this thread

E

It only gets better after every viewing.... ;)
You Can't Do It!!!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2007, 01:20:26 PM »
She turns her back and searches the cash register for
change.

BATEMAN You are a fucking ugly bitch I want to stab to
death and then play around with your blood.

The music muffles his voice. She turns around. He is
smiling at her. She gives him his change impassively.

8)

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »
It only gets better after every viewing.... ;)

This is 100% true!!! I have watched this movie for a number of times before buying the DVD (which by the way is the full cut, uncensored) on cable. Now that I've bought it (it came in the mail this tuesday) I have watched it 3 times on consecutive days.

Now I'm coming to the point of learning by heart the dialogues. And it seems I'm now much more of an asshole than before. I'm developing a penchant for Valentino suits and Oliver Peeples glasses. I'm in the process of flerting with my friend's girlfriend and I caught myself telling her on the phone that, in fact, my friend is a tumbling, tumbling dickwit.

Sussudio is the song that keeps blasting in my car full time. I even managed to convince my girl to allow taping us while fucking, and listening to Sussudio, too.

I went to the record store and bought "FORE" - Huey Lewis and the News.

I'm sorry to inform that, although I accomplish all of the above, I still can't get a reservation at Dorsia, unfortunately.

But my new business card is done. The letters are on Silian Rail type, and with the right texture and the bone colour.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #255 on: June 01, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »
hahahaha yes, how exactly do you play around with blood anyway? that's fantastic.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: June 01, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »
You guys are absolutely right, I saw a pretty girl walking down the street, I was thinking two things. One part wants me to be real nice and sweet and treat her right.

The other part wants to know what her head would look like on a stick.

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #257 on: June 01, 2007, 03:00:32 PM »
"Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP
called simply Whitney Houston had four number-one singles
on it? Did you know that, Christie? Whitney's voice leaps
across so many boundaries and is so versatile-though she's
mainly a jazz singer-that it's hard to take in the album
on a first listening.
It's hard to choose a favorite track
among so many great ones, but "The Greatest Love of All"
is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about
self-preservation and dignity. It's universal message
crosses all boundaries, and instills one with the hope
that it's not too late to better ourselves. to act kinder.
Since, Elizabeth, it's impossible in the world we live in
to empathize with others, we can always empathize with
ourselves.
It's an important message, crucial, really, and it's
beautifully stated on the album."

;D
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #258 on: June 01, 2007, 03:58:48 PM »
"I don't want to force you do drink.. But that's very expensive chardonnay you're Not drinking."

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »
This is 100% true!!! I have watched this movie for a number of times before buying the DVD (which by the way is the full cut, uncensored) on cable. Now that I've bought it (it came in the mail this tuesday) I have watched it 3 times on consecutive days.

Now I'm coming to the point of learning by heart the dialogues. And it seems I'm now much more of an asshole than before. I'm developing a penchant for Valentino suits and Oliver Peeples glasses. I'm in the process of flerting with my friend's girlfriend and I caught myself telling her on the phone that, in fact, my friend is a tumbling, tumbling dickwit.

Sussudio is the song that keeps blasting in my car full time. I even managed to convince my girl to allow taping us while fucking, and listening to Sussudio, too.

I went to the record store and bought "FORE" - Huey Lewis and the News.

I'm sorry to inform that, although I accomplish all of the above, I still can't get a reservation at Dorsia, unfortunately.

But my new business card is done. The letters are on Silian Rail type, and with the right texture and the bone colour.

batemanite :o

E
E

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #260 on: June 01, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »
flirting with your friends girlfriend, that's good stuff.

ha ha, i gotta try to incorporate phil collins into every walk of my life.
Deep Tissue Massage

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »

Do that, man!! Really. It works. It brings the BATEMAN that lies in you to the fullest.

"Into deep", for example, can be played while you're showering;

"Invisible Touch" can be played while you're rubbing one out;

"In teh Air" you can listen while smoking a blunt;

"Sussudio" is all too obvious!!!!

And oh yes! I'm a Batemanite to the fullest!!!!

Next thing I'll do is try to convince the gym manager to allow "FORE" to play on the gym soundsystem while I train. Next step is to convince him to put "Hip to be square" on the repeat mode of the CD player!!
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #262 on: June 02, 2007, 05:16:31 AM »
"let's see paul allen's card"
Greed and disgust

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2007, 11:52:55 AM »
just watched it again for the first time in about 5 years

the first time I saw it I thought it was just strange but now I think it's great ;D

I think i paid more attention to it this time :-X

my favorite scene :D

E
E

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #264 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »

Just to let ya know, P.R., I finally fucked my friend's grilfriend this past saturday. And on our way back, I played "In too deep" in my car and explained teh lyrics to her, and asked what she tought about it. She answered that the song was already one of her favorites, and the fact that I liked the song and played for her in the car emant so much to her, that I scored very high points in the end.

Finally she hit me with the main question: When would I take her out to Dorsia for dinner?? Serious question!!! SHE HAD WATCHED THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
Just to let ya know, P.R., I finally fucked my friend's grilfriend this past saturday. And on our way back, I played "In too deep" in my car and explained teh lyrics to her, and asked what she tought about it. She answered that the song was already one of her favorites, and the fact that I liked the song and played for her in the car emant so much to her, that I scored very high points in the end.

Finally she hit me with the main question: When would I take her out to Dorsia for dinner?? Serious question!!! SHE HAD WATCHED THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
if thats true that great.
Greed and disgust

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2007, 02:43:47 PM »
Look some people just don't get the movie. If you don't understand its great underlying cynicism, you just will never get it. This movie
I bought after the first time I saw it. And it get better upon every viewing. The whole 80's time period and the music of that time is just perfect. You have to remember this was the  " Yuppie " scene. The movie is so good on so many levels. Most of all is the sheer performance and acting of Bale... Remember he's English. So just the American accent plus one of the best individual acting on Bales part alone makes this movie what it is. Almost " Perfect "  Like I said you either love it or are confused and need to view it a second or third time.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »
I know some of you are just scratching your head saying " what's all the fuss about this movie " well go rent it and let's have your opinion.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2007, 02:54:20 PM »
It kicks ass, we used to watch it in college and laugh our asses off.  Its been playing on cinemax here recently.  Side note, the main character in the movie Rules of attraction is supposed to be a nephew or younger brother of the character Patrick Bateman.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #269 on: June 04, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »
I read the book but never saw the movie. In the film, did he do the starving rat thing and how much did they show? My pals and I used to read from the book out loud before hitting the Manhattan night scene. A better pump-up than Tony Robbins to be sure!
BigNationRadio.com

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2007, 10:38:01 PM »
if thats true that great.

100% true. I talk so much about this movie since I bought it last week a lot of people is renting it. This girl is one of them. Problem is half the people don't get taht the sheer cynism and Bale's faces throughout the movie is what makes it one of the classic cult films.
Reservations at Dorsia ?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #271 on: June 04, 2007, 11:31:33 PM »
Look some people just don't get the movie. If you don't understand its great underlying cynicism, you just will never get it. This movie
I bought after the first time I saw it. And it get better upon every viewing. The whole 80's time period and the music of that time is just perfect. You have to remember this was the  " Yuppie " scene. The movie is so good on so many levels. Most of all is the sheer performance and acting of Bale... Remember he's English. So just the American accent plus one of the best individual acting on Bales part alone makes this movie what it is. Almost " Perfect "  Like I said you either love it or are confused and need to view it a second or third time.

that's exactly how I was

the first time i just thought it was odd and kind of stupid

now I'm a Batemanite :D

E
E

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »

Your post is 100% perfect!

The 80s music scene is the best. Not like today's piece of shit music trying to reinvent the same 80s, with a lot of bands trying to put in the blender Depeche Mode, New Order, Genesis, Smiths and the good artists of that decade together with dirty riffs and new musical technologies, with new electronic textures and effects. Not to mention that was a time that we were happy but didn't knew it. A decade without britney Spears and Beyonce Knowles, Pussycat Dolls and such. What a glorious time.

Now, as for Christian Bale's acting, the guy is a genious. And mark my words: this guy is in the process of becoming the new Robert De Niro, as I said it a number of times before. A true chameleon. His cynical faces throughout the movie is where the true value of American Psycho lies on. That, plus the soundtrack and the dialogues makes this movie a quintessential masterpiece. And I emphasize the word 'masterpiece', without any exageration.

Now, I am turning to a point that in every situation I am at, I try to figure out how would Bateman react if he was put in the same place as me. And I end up trying to act accordingly.

It doesn't get more Batemanite than that!!! And topping it all off, everything done under "In too Deep" - GENESIS, to reproduce the feeling of the movie.... ;D 
Reservations at Dorsia ?

CRIS

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2007, 09:23:14 AM »
What bodybuilder could play the role of Patrick Bateman in your opinion, guys?
Reservations at Dorsia ?

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »

Now, I am turning to a point that in every situation I am at, I try to figure out how would Bateman react if he was put in the same place as me. And I end up trying to act accordingly.

It doesn't get more Batemanite than that!!! And topping it all off, everything done under "In too Deep" - GENESIS, to reproduce the feeling of the movie.... ;D 

Last friday when we we're at the bar, my friend was talking with some girl. I suddenly said to her the classic bar line: "You're a fucking ugly bitch. I wanna stab you to death and play around with your blood.", in finnish of course. Without saying a word, she just left :-[ My friend was very thankful. How's that for Batemanite :)

Now, I just saw an interesting advertisement in tv. Genesis will start their european tour from Finland. I feel i'm forced to buy the tickets :D