Author Topic: Yes/No Questions for Believers and Religious Folks  (Read 4567 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Yes/No Questions for Believers and Religious Folks
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:49:28 PM »
1. Do you agree that “AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals”? Yes/No.

2. If yes, do you think it is immoral for scientists to develop AIDS meds, or for patients to take AIDS meds, as that would circumvent the will of God? Yes/No.

3. Do you agree that "the common cold is not just God's punishment for kids who don't take their vitamins; it is God's punishment for a society that tolerates kids who don't take their vitamins"? Yes/No.

4. Do you think that a person who calls himself "Reverend" has the right to 'condemn' people left and right to his heart's content, even if they never asked for his opinion? Yes/No.

5. Do you want to live in Taliban-style "Christian" state ruled by "Biblical" laws as interpreted at whim by unelected, unaccountable, self-styled "reverends"? Yes/No.

6. If yes, do you think that everyone else should be forced to live under this same state? Yes/No.

7. Do you think that still-born babies deserve to die, because of their "sins," which they didn't get the chance to commit? Yes/No.

8. Do you believe that "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way" caused 9-11? Yes/No.

9. Do you believe that 9-11 was punishment from God to the people of the United States? Yes/No.

10. If yes, should we look up to the hijackers and admire them for doing the will of God? Yes/No.

More to come...

The reason I ask for "yes/no" answers only is to prevent people from going on tangents of their own. The questions are simple enough that a binary answer will suffice.

If you answer "no" to questions 1, 5, and 9, you don't have to answer questions 2, 6, and 10.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Yes/No Questions for Believers and Religious Folks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »
Good stuff Columbus!

1.  no
3.  It is not God's punishment
4.  no
5.  no
6.  no
7.  no
8.  no....lol
9.  no

Those questions outline many of the things wrong with organized religion.

I wonder if there is something like that that outlines the right things about organized religion.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »
1. Do you agree that “AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals”? Yes/No.

2. If yes, do you think it is immoral for scientists to develop AIDS meds, or for patients to take AIDS meds, as that would circumvent the will of God? Yes/No.

3. Do you agree that "the common cold is not just God's punishment for kids who don't take their vitamins; it is God's punishment for a society that tolerates kids who don't take their vitamins"? Yes/No.

4. Do you think that a person who calls himself "Reverend" has the right to 'condemn' people left and right to his heart's content, even if they never asked for his opinion? Yes/No.

5. Do you want to live in Taliban-style "Christian" state ruled by "Biblical" laws as interpreted at whim by unelected, unaccountable, self-styled "reverends"? Yes/No.

6. If yes, do you think that everyone else should be forced to live under this same state? Yes/No.

7. Do you think that still-born babies deserve to die, because of their "sins," which they didn't get the chance to commit? Yes/No.

8. Do you believe that "the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way" caused 9-11? Yes/No.

9. Do you believe that 9-11 was punishment from God to the people of the United States? Yes/No.

10. If yes, should we look up to the hijackers and admire them for doing the will of God? Yes/No.

More to come...

The reason I ask for "yes/no" answers only is to prevent people from going on tangents of their own. The questions are simple enough that a binary answer will suffice.

If you answer "no" to questions 1, 5, and 9, you don't have to answer questions 2, 6, and 10.

sorry for more then a yes/no on some

1. aids, is not a gay disease, its not caused by a virus and its not contagious. its a colletive of immune dysfunction caused by stress, toxins, poor nutrition, living. Strange how its mostly in africa huh?

2. no

3.N

4.N

5N
6N
7N
8N

NNNNNNNN

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »

More to come...

NO

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »

More to come...

1. no
2. N/A but still no
3. no
4. NO!!
5. HELL NO!!
6. N/A but still no.
7. no
8. WTF... NO!
9. it was a kick in the ass but it wasent devine.
10. N/A but still no, may they burn in hell (and i say that about vary few people)
unknown

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »

More to come...

Nope

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 02:30:22 PM »
no to all...
R

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 02:46:47 PM »
What kind of religious crowd are you folks?!!! You are all heathen! ;)

By saying no to 5 and 6, I presume none of you are Republicans (except, perhaps, in some nostalgic Goldwater/Reagan sense).

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 08:38:58 PM »
What kind of religious crowd are you folks?!!! You are all heathen! ;)

By saying no to 5 and 6, I presume none of you are Republicans (except, perhaps, in some nostalgic Goldwater/Reagan sense).

Republicans?  columbusdude82, I'm not even an American.  I am a Christian.  This is not the United States of America.  This is the World Wide Web.      ;D

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 08:43:31 PM »
Ah... I should have known that reasonable Christians don't live in the United States. All we got is a bunch of nutjobs.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 09:06:17 AM »
Ah... I should have known that reasonable Christians don't live in the United States. All we got is a bunch of nutjobs.

Nah, there are nutjobs in every country.  You do have good Christians in the US.  I'm pretty sure Colossus_500, STella and other good Christians on this board are in the US.    ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »
Nah, there are nutjobs in every country.  You do have good Christians in the US.  I'm pretty sure Colossus_500, STella and other good Christians on this board are in the US.    ;D
Thanks for the vote of confidence, bro.  But you know I'm fallen.   ;)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »
0 to all

i'm answering in binary  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 05:57:54 AM »
1 No
3 no
4 no
5 F*CK no
7 No
8 No
9 No

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 09:28:24 PM »
no to all of them.  On number 9 isnt the answer that Bush actually caused 911 along with Huricane Katrina and the increase of fuel prices.  He also made my girl friend break up with me which isnt cool.

I think a lot of steriotypes are around about christians because there have been a few very promenent figures who say they are christians and say some of these crazy things.  Most people in the U.S who believe in Jesus arnt like this in my opinion.  There is a loud minority that really makes everyone else look bad.  Also the media portrays christians in this way so this idea that christians are very judgmental is reinforced through the media.  I think part of the reason is because many people in Hollywood are reacting to some of the prominent reverends who say stupid things and therefore portraying christians in this way since that may be there only reference of what a christian is. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 05:06:25 AM »
Well, how come this "loud minority" of Christians you speak of show up in such large numbers to the polls? The Rebublican party has been pandering them and only them ever since Bush/Rove took power.

Herc

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 08:10:33 AM »
A lot of christians vote and of course they are going to vote according to there concious.  The loud minority are the ones saying things like 911 was a judgment against homosexuals and things like that.  The people who show up to the polls most likely dont agree with that.  They may believe homosexuality is wrong but not that God judged America for it.  Most christians also believe abortion is taking a life and therefore are against it so there are differences but it isnt the things listed on those questions.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »

More to come...

NO!
W

24Hourpro

• Getbig III
  • Its hard to be humble when you're huge.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »
I found the questions asked to all be a bit silly.

Not so black and white are these questions.
ironmass.com

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
I found the questions asked to all be a bit silly.

Not so black and white are these questions.

Precisely why I didn't answer. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 04:35:45 AM »
Ah, that's just too easy, isn't it. Religious folks explain all bad things away as a result of sin, but when asked to give a yes/no answer to the matter, they call the question "silly."

Question 1 is a recurring theme that many "Christians" have resorted, and our own colossus_500 defended it in another thread. Given how many "Christians" seem to say it, I thought I'd start with that. Question 2 follows immediately from 1.

If you call these questions "silly," then you call much of America's Christian right "silly."

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:07 AM »
I don't see them as silly, but they are extreme.  I wonder why people "really" refuse to answer them.  They aren't pure yes and no questions and you can answer them anyway you like.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »
I made this thread when I was exasperated with the stubbornness of some of the faithful. Why do they refuse the germ theory of disease, or that earthquakes are a mere result of plate tectonics, and insist of seeing "sin" and "divine punishment" in disease and natural disasters.

I then went on to the next logical deduction: if AIDS is a punishment from God, aren't scientists who try to cure it really meddling with God's work?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 09:09:20 AM »
I made this thread when I was exasperated with the stubbornness of some of the faithful. Why do they refuse the germ theory of disease, or that earthquakes are a mere result of plate tectonics, and insist of seeing "sin" and "divine punishment" in disease and natural disasters.

I then went on to the next logical deduction: if AIDS is a punishment from God, aren't scientists who try to cure it really meddling with God's work?

So many people don't get that idea when they read the OT.   Most natural phenomena was blamed as "god's" will.   

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 03:48:42 PM »
1. no
2. no
3.no
4.no
5.no
6no.
7.no
8. no
9. no
10. no
These question are the opinions of crazy right wing christians. I am a ring christian(Mormon) but i dont believe in any of those questions