Author Topic: Celebrate ending of slavery by acting like savages, who woulda guessed?  (Read 11816 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Crowd kills man after car hits child

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070620/ap_on_re_us/crash_assault

Today Juneteenth commemorates African American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a day, a week, and in some areas a month marked with celebrations, guest speakers, picnics and family gatherings. It is a time for reflection and rejoicing. It is a time for assessment, self-improvement and for planning the future. Its growing popularity signifies a level of maturity and dignity in America long over due. In cities across the country, people of all races, nationalities and religions are joining hands to truthfully acknowledge a period in our history that shaped and continues to influence our society today. Sensitized to the conditions and experiences of others, only then can we make significant and lasting improvements in our society.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
There are serious problems within the black community, it's just too bad that it's a taboo to discuss these problems..

youandme

• Getbig V
"It was the second year in a row that police in riot gear were used to disperse the crowds."

I just saw the footage on CNN damn, they had police break out in riot gear, they also had a girl fight and had to call the patty wagon, haha.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=622207

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Little Hitler is at it again.   ::)  Headlines you won't see from Little Hitler:

White Caught Men Molesting Children . . . Again (Note:  This is satire, as race has nothing to do with crime.  ):

British police smash global pedophile ring
Timothy David Martyn Cox 
AP

LONDON (AP) — Police have smashed a global Internet pedophile ring that broadcast live-streamed videos of children being abused, investigating more than 700 suspects worldwide and rescuing 31 children in a 10-month probe, officials said Monday.
Some 200 suspects are based in Britain, the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Center, a government agency said. Of the 31 children, some only a few months old, more than 15 were in Britain, the center said. British authorities would not give a breakdown of where the other suspects or children came from, but said more than half the suspects in Britain were already being prosecuted.

The ring was traced to an Internet chat room called "Kids the Light of Our Lives" that featured images of children being subjected to horrific sexual abuse, including the streaming of live videos.

. . . .

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-06-18-sting_N.htm?csp=34

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
How is he little Hitler? These issues have to be adressed and most black conservatives would tell you the same thing.  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
How is he little Hitler? These issues have to be adressed and most black conservatives would tell you the same thing.  ;)

The title of his post considered in connection with his prior posts about race (e.g., ship all blacks to the front lines in Iraq) make him a Little Hitler in my book.  But that's just my opinion.  What do I know?   :) 

"Most black conservatives" would not refer to people as "savages."

What issues need to be addressed?

seauantea

• Getbig II
At the risk of being inconsiderate, African Americans contributed considerably more to the US economy as slaves than presently as the statistically most criminal element of North American society. It is possible hundreds of years of sub human treatment and breeding has ingrained 'sub humanism' into the collective unconscious of African Americans far beyond salvation. From a utilitarian perspective and bearing in mind the looming social security crisis facing eventual retirees from the ‘baby boomer generation’, is it time to rethink emancipation?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Here we go....the  'it's whiteys fault and not our own' argument....Can you come up with anything more creative than that? 
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
At the risk of being inconsiderate, African Americans contributed considerably more to the US economy as slaves than presently as the statistically most criminal element of North American society. It is possible hundreds of years of sub human treatment and breeding has ingrained 'sub humanism' into the collective unconscious of African Americans far beyond salvation. From a utilitarian perspective and bearing in mind the looming social security crisis facing eventual retirees from the ‘baby boomer generation’, is it time to rethink emancipation?

O.K.  This is just stupid.   ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

what chu talkin bout willis

seauantea

• Getbig II
Admittedly, it is a hypothesis lacking humanity and feasibility. Theoretically, however, freeing billions in deadweight loss through reduced policing, incarceration and social assistance while at the same time improving the collective productivity of approx 13% of the population is an interesting avenue of discussion.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
Admittedly, it is a hypothesis lacking humanity and feasibility. Theoretically, however, freeing billions in deadweight loss through reduced policing, incarceration and social assistance while at the same time improving the collective productivity of approx 13% of the population is an interesting avenue of discussion.

stop trying to sound smart...in essence you sound like a total tool.  stop listening to those al sharpton self help tapes.
footloose and fancy free

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

stop trying to sound smart...in essence you sound like a total tool.  stop listening to those al sharpton self help tapes.

Translation= Dude You lost me...too many big words.... ::)

Dude you should actually open your pea brain and consider what he is proposing…Because if you think skin color is GENETICALLY linked to behavior you are a retard.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V

Dude you should actually open your pea brain and consider what he is proposing…Because if you think skin color is GENETICALLY linked to behavior you are a retard.

Seems cultural.

You go down south and black folks are kind. Up north it's a different story.

People like Sharpton and his followers are the problem..

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV

funny..yes, we african americans have been turned by the white devil into subhuman beings because of years of mistreatment...good theory..and i'm a pea brain..big mal you are naive to agree with this thinking..
footloose and fancy free

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Seems cultural.

Not so much cultural as maybe regional. And regional behavior is determined by that regions societal norms. Al Sharpton IMO is a self serving snake of a man who is a walking contradiction and should step down from whatever made up position of a black leader he appointed himself to.

Though I do believe the vast majority of blacks are still in the “it’s the white mans fault” mode. And though a 400 year headstart is to blame for the majority of blacks in poverity back in the 60’s. It is a new day and age…the information age where anyone can become anything they want. When value systems change then things will improve. But as long as we (blacks/latinos) aspire to be rappers, drug dealers, basketball players, owner of spinning rims) we will get no where.

seauantea

• Getbig II

Excellent post. I would not entirely discount genetic factors simply for lack of responsible research. Eugenics has a foundation with the work Darwin began, lost favour largely due to the Nazi stigma and now unfortunately is an area no respectable academic dare tread in our politically correct world.  However, I am more confident in an indirect (i.e. non genetic rather socio economic) link between skin color and behaviour; take a privileged white newborn, let crack-heads from Compton raise him and observe the outcome :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

funny..yes, we african americans have been turned by the white devil into subhuman beings because of years of mistreatment...good theory..and i'm a pea brain..big mal you are naive to agree with this thinking..

Listen cha cha…Your generalization of blacks as a whole is contradictory to every rule of arguments. To say that BLACKS are savages, you will have to prove that every person of African decent behaves like a savage. And it only takes 1 black to act in a way opposite of what you believe all blacks to act, to disprove your theory. Skin color doesn’t predetermine behavior. Environmental stimulus determines behavior (see Pavlov). The nature/nurture argument has been discussed in length and there is overwhelming proof that nurture determines behavior.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
I never said they were savages...that was someone else who started this thread...my point is that everyone has free will..they can do right or they can do wrong....no historical subtreatment by anyone forces someone to pick up a gun, or deal drugs, or commit crimes.  --For someone to state that there is no hope because their ancestors were slaves and programmed to act subhuman is an insult to a lot of very successful black people.
footloose and fancy free

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Excellent post. I would not entirely discount genetic factors simply for lack of responsible research. Eugenics has a foundation with the work Darwin began, lost favour largely due to the Nazi stigma and now unfortunately is an area no respectable academic dare tread in our politically correct world.  However, I am more confident in an indirect (i.e. non genetic rather socio economic) link between skin color and behaviour is indirect; take a privileged white newborn, let crack-heads from Compton raise him and observe the outcome :)

I concur. Take a black male and raise him in a privileged white household and observe the outcome.

And I am in total agreement with the skin color as a socio economic factor not a genetic factor that determines behavior. For example “until the 1960s blacks weren’t allowed blah blah….”
The fact that they were black is where skin color comes into play but the view of that skin color (societies norm for that time period) is the actual culprit for all following phenomena.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Please judge so called "blacks  or African Americans" as indiviuals, not as a group!
W

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Seems cultural.

This story took place in Texas.  ::)

And, Big Mal, are you actually reading seauntea's posts? You seem to be ignoring significant portions of them.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
This story took place in Texas.  ::)

And, Big Mal, are you actually reading seauntea's posts? You seem to be ignoring significant portions of them.

Yes I am. And it is actually true. Blacks contributed more to the us economy as slaves because they were forced to. 100% labor (reguardless of race) would be more economical for anyone….

But if something else please point it out.

youandme

• Getbig V
I don't know sasquatch and big mal the relative contributions of heredity and enviroment have been conducted for decades, and the debate still rages on but I've lived in both north and south regions and I am with Herrnstein and Murray on this one, in the sake that African Americans actions are the result of heredity, rather than enviroment. (Bell Curve), this assumption accounts for a mjority of circumstances that can't be "blamed on whitey" higher welfare use, higher pregnancies, single mothers...blah blah. Sure though some developmentalist can aruge that enviromental diferences, economic factors and social  factors  between races account  for alot but you cant argue, but it's really impossible to desing a definitive experiment to test this issue, but like Camel Jockey said interesting how the political elite and the hollywood elite want to tackle this problem. Also 20 people beating a man to death I'm pretty sure with a power quotient you could or rather a psychologist could conculde that all at the event were savages, BEATING A MAN TO DEATH, not the first time at this event someone has been beaten, and police have pulled out riot gear.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
In his first post he asks if it's time to "rethink emancipation" in light of the fact that blacks today don't financially benefit the country as much as slaves.

You respond with this to someone who said it was stupid: