Author Topic: News Media won't touch the violence in the Black community, faith lost?  (Read 2110 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Media won't touch the violence in the inner cities, this story has been buried, has the system lost all faith in the African American regions?

Juneteenth Violence

Austin, Tx  2-3,000 people attended event, 20 people involved in KILLING a man

Milwaukee Girl gang fight, turned into riot

Milwaukee motorists attacked, turned into a riot

Only 3 National media outlets reported the incidents
*Seattle Post reported on the Milwaukee riots
*New York Times reported on the Austin Killing
*Boston reported on the Austin Killing

Is this a conspiracy, over Racism? Or is this the system turing it's head and accepting this "culture"

Also WTF is up with this black cautionus they F'ing killed someone.

Is this not shocking? Are we not going to face these inner city crimes, and punish these people, this is America...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
So what's new? South Central LA was a daily war-zone of drive-bys throughout the 80's and hardly a peep was mentioned. Stray bullets routinely pierced living rooms to the point where little children were not only not allowed to play in their front yards, but also not allowed to enter front living rooms. Barely a peep was mentioned in the media. However, in 1987, a young co-ed from Westwood was killed by a stray bullet in a drive-by, and you couldn't get it off the news. Apparently one dead girl in Westwood was more newsworthy than thousands of kids in South Central.

Six of this... half a dozen of the other. One constant remains though, that is ratings.
Media reports on what it believes will garner them ratings.
If there is nothing to report, they will create ratings by hook or by crook.
Television as we know it, is not so much a means to entertain or educate the masses, but rather a means to indoctrinate and a vehicle to deliver commercial advertising. The programming simply fills the seats, so that the advertisers can deliver their messages, whether those messages are delivered in 30 or 60 sec. sound bytes, or by more subtle means in the chunks between the sound bytes. It is what it is.
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
IMO blacks need to swollow their pride, admit it's this "gangsta" culture THEY have created that's the problem.

Until them, fuck em.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

youandme

• Getbig V
The programming simply fills the seats, so that the advertisers can deliver their messages, whether those messages are delivered in 30 or 60 sec. sound bytes, or by more subtle means in the chunks between the sound bytes. It is what it is.

Once Paris gets out of jail The Today Show has offered her 1 million dollars to appear as a guest. I will not EVER watch The Today Show as a result of this demoralization upon America.

youandme

• Getbig V
IMO blacks need to swollow their pride, admit it's this "gangsta" culture THEY have created that's the problem.

Until them, fuck em.

I think it's going to get better sooner rather than later (errr hopefully, wishful thinking) were seeing rap music plummet off the charts for the first time in 10 years, that's gotta help to some degree.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
I think it's going to get better sooner rather than later (errr hopefully, wishful thinking) were seeing rap music plummet off the charts for the first time in 10 years, that's gotta help to some degree.

Exactly, even weekend gangstas have got bored of that shit.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

kh300

• Getbig V
it has become a new practice for police departments in this country to not allow the reporting of gang related deaths.. news agencys will get into trouble if they do without permission

the reason for this is to take the power and communication away from the gangs.  if you dont report on the murders, if the media doesnt cover it, you take away a lot of the power the gangs had. gang members thrive off of the fear they put into their community's, they love reading about their murder the night before. they commit these murders so everyone can hear. if people dont hear it, hopefully they wont do it.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Until them, fuck em.

Just as they've done with Italian and Jewish (and to a lesser extent, Russian) mobsters, Hollywood/Madison Ave have glamorized the thug culture. 

And I don't see many black faces in those decision-making sessions, my friend.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Media won't touch the violence in the inner cities, this story has been buried, has the system lost all faith in the African American regions?

Juneteenth Violence

Austin, Tx  2-3,000 people attended event, 20 people involved in KILLING a man

Only 3 National media outlets reported the incidents
*Seattle Post reported on the Milwaukee riots
*New York Times reported on the Austin Killing
*Boston reported on the Austin Killing

Is this a conspiracy, over Racism? Or is this the system turing it's head and accepting this "culture"

Also WTF is up with this black cautionus they F'ing killed someone.

Is this not shocking? Are we not going to face these inner city crimes, and punish these people, this is America...

When I first read about the story of the mob which beat the man to death, I KNEW that there were racist elements in this country who would automatically associate the Juneteenth celebration with violence.  In fact, in the piece that I read, the writer went out of his way to try to draw the parallel. 

In reality, that particular homicide had NOTHING to do with Juneteenth. 

A car hit a 2-year-old boy in the parking lot of an apartment complex.  When the driver got out to check on the child, he was attacked by several individuals.  The passenger got out of the car to protect the driver and it was the passenger who ended up being beaten to death. 

The child's injuries were not serious, but the problem is that the mob *should've* been after the parent(s) who allowed their 2-year-old to roam around the complex. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
Just as they've done with Italian and Jewish (and to a lesser extent, Russian) mobsters, Hollywood/Madison Ave have glamorized the thug culture. 

And I don't see many black faces in those decision-making sessions, my friend.

Aah fuck yes, Mr. Whitemans fault once again... ::)

How, about... FUCK OFF? ???

You can blame Mr. Whiteskin for decades gone, but you blacks need to man up, but I guess it's not in your genes to do the honorable thing tho right? It mustn't be, you've had plenty of time and opportunities. :-\

Let me turn this round and blame YOU and YOUR race for ruining the lifes of thousands of white peoples lifes in recent generation with your fucking "gangsta" shit >:(

Boo fucking oo :'( ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

The profiteers absolutely must shoulder a share of the responsibility. 

Are Blacks idiots for allowing themselves to be exploited in that manner?  You bet.  But that does not completely absolve those who are making the money. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
The profiteers absolutely must shoulder a share of the responsibility. 

Are Blacks idiots for allowing themselves to be exploited in that manner?  You bet.  But that does not completely absolve those who are making the money. 

High crime rates and generally rude behavior isn't whitey's fault.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
High crime rates and generally rude behavior isn't whitey's fault.

And you are a bastion of gentility and politeness? 
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I am the patriarch of simple formal manners.