Author Topic: Chris Benoit: Family found dead! Threads merged...  (Read 105914 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Chris Benoit & family found dead!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
So far they are only mentioning him and his wife.  It might be murder or suicide.  The fact that he missed last nights PPV for personal reasons rings some alarm bells.
this just in

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13567642/detail.html
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:41 PM »
If they do the right thig & give Benoit a tribute, I'd like to see them abandon this McMahon angle.  Worst.  Storyline.  Ever.

For me it was the Kane necrophiliac story line.....thats when I stopped watching it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 04:31:58 PM »
ok  very sad

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 04:40:01 PM »
For me it was the Kane necrophiliac story line.....thats when I stopped watching it.

yeah that did it for me too

now I watch maybe about 10 minutes a month

E
E

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 04:44:33 PM »
Benoit was supposedly a big time steroid dealer.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »
i havent watch that stuff in years...tryng to remember what storyline was big back then...oh yeah, Mrs. McMahn was the President of the WWF and some other foolishness.  

Stavios

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »
sad...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 04:48:41 PM »
raw starts in 13 minutes

says on comcast that the show will focus on mcmahon's "memorial service"

E
E

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »
Benoit tribute.
Class!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 05:09:55 PM »
Unfortunately, this is true and from what I'm hearing its going to get even worse.

Chris Benoit was one of the reasons I became a pro-wrestler.  He did whatever it took to entertain the fans, even if it meant putting his own life on the line.  He's broken his neck twice and managed to finish his performance.

RIP Bro
A

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »
Unfortunately, this is true and from what I'm hearing its going to get even worse.

Chris Benoit was one of the reasons I became a pro-wrestler.  He did whatever it took to entertain the fans, even if it meant putting his own life on the line.  He's broken his neck twice and managed to finish his performance.

RIP Bro

You've had a prosperous pro wrestling career i assume?

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »
i think he's from alberta?  maybe somethings on the local news

ya hes from edmonton.

i just saw the story on our local news. i missed the very begining of the story but it definatley sounds real. if i see more on other channels up here ill update.

very sad.
RIP chris  :'(

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 05:18:14 PM »
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/06/25/4289665.html    this is a very reputable news paper in Edmonton and if confirms it
Odilly

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
i live in Calgary Alberta. just saw this on the local news 1 minute ago. true story. horrible. Chris was brought into wrestling by the Hart family when he was 19 years old. we trained together a few times in the late 80's. was always a cool guy. sad news.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 05:21:42 PM »
he lived in Georgia?  there's enough cause to kill yourself right there!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 05:22:11 PM »
Three hour tribute to Chris tonight.

Any more details yet...

From Wrestling News...

With sadness, we have to report the unfortunate news that Chris Benot (40), wife Nancy (43), and son Daniel (7) were found dead in their Atlanta home. Chris' other two children were in and are still in Canada at the time of their passing.

No further details are available at this time. The only news coming from Georgia Police, is that the 'family was not shot to death'. I know that statement sounds cold. But it does rule out one speculation that is running rampant surrounding their deaths. Once an update is available, we will post it here on the website and hotline.

Tonight WWE will air a three hour tribute to the life of Chris Benoit. Raw, Smackdown, and ECW stars as well as several legends will be onhand.I am hopeful that Vince McMahon will be standing on the runway paying tribute as well and his storyline is dropped. And if it is dropped, there wont be one person at all in and out of wrestling that would have a problem with it.

-- Chris Benoit was not at the Vengeance PPV last night, as he had to fly home to Georgia before the show for personal reasons.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »
they're replaying the Royal Rumble from 2004 right now.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2007, 05:25:06 PM »
They're probably putting this together as they go along, hence the stock footage from his DVD & Royal Rumble.  Prolly doing interviews with other wrestlers while we watch this stuff.

They had a full day when Owen & Eddie died.  I'm sure they're busting their asses to make a great tribute show.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »
Have they said what occurred, or what happened yesterday when he missed his match due to a family emergency? They had a seven year old son.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
Have they said what occurred, or what happened yesterday when he missed his match due to a family emergency? They had a seven year old son.
a lot of speculation about some murder/suicide pact.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2007, 05:30:17 PM »

RIP Bro

Jeez Vince from all your insider stuff keep us up to date.  I'm sure you'll know before the police.  Vince show us awesome pics when you wrestled as a pro

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2007, 05:31:21 PM »
what was vince's characters name?

french mistake

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »
So Vince has to blow his latest tasteless shit story for ratings. Poor guy.

Yes, very sad that a wrestler, his wife and child are found dead, but a three hour tribute? Three hours?

Seems to me the guys that just got blown up in Iraq deserve a couple of minutes in primetime...shit they are lucky if they even get their faces on the networks.

It's one big clusterfucked world.  

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2007, 05:33:26 PM »
Fox broke it a few minutes ago.. same line.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

I know everyone watched wrestling as a kid.  Lately I had fallen back into it.  The fan base is WAY beyond white trash and if you watch it nowadays you can see why.  The characters are very entertaining and the show or "act" whatever is much better than it was a while back.  I'm happy that most have accepted that it's staged and still appreciate it for what it is and the wrestlers for how hard of a job it really is.  These guys really put everything they have behind what they do and almost all of them are really great people behind the scenes.  Funny how much more sportsmanship there is in something that isn't even real sports. 

Rest in Piece Chris, Nancy, and Daniel.  God Bless your family.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »
People can say what they want about Vince McMahon, but when he opened tonights RAW, you could see that he was genuinely upset and was close to tears towards the end.  Love or hate his character, you have to respect him as a person.