Author Topic: Chris Benoit: Family found dead! Threads merged...  (Read 105917 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Chris Benoit & family found dead!
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
have they showed the Owen tribute match(WcW) between
Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit??
one the best matches i ever seen :'(

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2007, 07:34:10 PM »

Absolutely. People don't realize what these guys put themselves thru, on a daily basis.

There's NO offseason in wrestling, so these guys are on the road 300+ days a year. People think what they do is fake, but a I guess a good way to describe it is- stunt men who perform within storylines. These guys are for all intents and purposes, involved in car-crashes, every other day, so they HAVE to partake in painkillers to get thru their daily routines. Of course, habit develops, then add your anabolics, and party drugs, and it's an awful bad mix.

I'll tell ya, it takes a certain type of person to do what they do.........

Wouldn't it make sense at this point to entertain the possibility of an off season in pro wrestling? I know it would never happen because of the money issue but I think it's something to look into.

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »
Awesome video tribute being shown right now. Such a big loss for the WWE. Not sure how many more they can take. Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, Chris, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, SHawn Michaels, HHH, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle. Alot of big names, popular guys either gone or always injured. Many of the new guys just aren't interesting enough. Other than Cena, many are just bland, IMO.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »
did they mention the martel lady

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2007, 07:41:52 PM »
The popularity of wrestling in America, just shows how dumb the majority our population actually is.  Same thing with talk shows like Sally, Geraldo, Montel, etc.  Usually, the biggest fan base in wresting is...you guessed it, white trash.

LMAO, So freeking true!

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »
I heard the story about his death on the drive home on a local sports radio show here in Edmonton, I met Chris a couple if times a few years ago when he would stop in and train at the old Club Fit whenever he was in town.  He was always gracious with his time and friendly with fans, the guy was always in great shape too.  This truly is sad no matter what the circumstances, RIP Chris and thank you for entertaining us.   :'(

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
Met him here at a Maryland Gold's gym about 3 1/2 years ago. Was in town for a show in Baltimore and he was working out with Deal Malenko, Steven Reagal, and couple of others. I remember he was training chest and he was doing these rapid-fire push ups on the floor and doing cable cross overs. Short guy. Wasn't taller than 5'8" in person but a compact, very muscular guy. His skin up close looked hard and grainy as sandpaper. 

Nice guy to talk to and he gave me an autograph that read "Chris Benoit-Smackdown."

Should probably frame it, huh?

The only Gold's I know of near me is Crofton and Marley Station(which is too new).  Was it in the city or just outside?

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2007, 08:07:32 PM »
WOW, last scenes of RAW tonight... Chris and Eddie....both are gone. RIP Wolverine RIP

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »
Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/Story?id=3315501&page=1

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2007, 08:16:05 PM »
Let's hope Kevin Sullivan is not behind it.  They hated each other ever since Chris stole his wife.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2007, 08:25:08 PM »
Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."
An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/Story?id=3315501&page=1

this really makes it sound like chris did it OR his wife did...thats a possibility no one here has mentioned

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »
The popularity of wrestling in America, just shows how dumb the majority our population actually is.  Same thing with talk shows like Sally, Geraldo, Montel, etc.  Usually, the biggest fan base in wresting is...you guessed it, white trash.

Do you think they should be trashing juicers every post like some intellectuals on here?

BTW, shame about Chris B, although I'm sure he no longer cares :-\

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »
heres another story i just found from a paper up here in edmonton.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/06/25/4290308.html

about half way down...

Benoit was supposed to appear at a wrestling show in Beaumont, TX, on Saturday, but didn’t appear, Meltzer said.

When he failed to appear at a pay-per-view event Sunday in Houston, Meltzer said, organizers covered by saying Benoit had to cancel because of “personal issues.”

Meanwhile, Metlzer said, WWE brass were frantically phoning Benoit at home to find out what was going on.

Finally, he said, they called the local police and asked them to check out his home

sounds like the WWE's story about him having to back out of the show was just a cover.
next couple days should be interesting

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2007, 09:07:37 PM »
heres another story i just found from a paper up here in edmonton.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/06/25/4290308.html

about half way down...

Benoit was supposed to appear at a wrestling show in Beaumont, TX, on Saturday, but didn’t appear, Meltzer said.

When he failed to appear at a pay-per-view event Sunday in Houston, Meltzer said, organizers covered by saying Benoit had to cancel because of “personal issues.”

Meanwhile, Metlzer said, WWE brass were frantically phoning Benoit at home to find out what was going on.

Finally, he said, they called the local police and asked them to check out his home

sounds like the WWE's story about him having to back out of the show was just a cover.
next couple days should be interesting

Sigh..... since it will be out soon.  Benoit killed his wife and child and then killed himself.  Most likely it was by strangulation of his wife and OD of the child and himself
A

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2007, 09:09:47 PM »

Sigh..... since it will be out soon.  Benoit killed his wife and child and then killed himself.  Most likely it was by strangulation of his wife and OD of the child and himself

Unfortunately, I think you may be right....... :-\

EDIT: I hope Vince and I are wrong..........I can't imagine what would drive ANYONE to hurt their spouse.....and even their child.
HAHA, RON.....

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:11 PM »

You have someone on the inside or just guessing?
I called the guys that I wrestled with when I was in college, they are friends w the Hardys, but none of them know anything yet...

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »
heres another. sources say that benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend then killed himself sometime on monday

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2007/06/25/wrestler_chris_benoit_wife_and_child_found_dead/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

also just saw a news report talking to a sherriff and he said they are treating it right now as a murder suicide.
looks like he did it  :-\

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2007, 09:13:36 PM »
heres another. sources say that benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend then killed himself sometime on monday

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2007/06/25/wrestler_chris_benoit_wife_and_child_found_dead/?p1=MEWell_Pos2

Goddammit!!!!!!!  :'(
HAHA, RON.....

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2007, 09:14:51 PM »
You have someone on the inside or just guessing?
I called the guys that I wrestled with when I was in college, they are friends w the Hardys, but none of them know anything yet...

Atlanta is the home of NWA Cyberspace and NWA Anarchy. 
A

affy

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »

wow thats a strong accusation.  You better hope you're not wrong

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2007, 09:18:26 PM »

Atlanta is the home of NWA Cyberspace and NWA Anarchy. 
Gotcha.
It's awful to think that he could have done such a thing...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:30 PM »
Gotcha.
It's awful to think that he could have done such a thing...

I cannot imagine it myself.  It would also explain the reason why the WWE ran the tribute so quickly because if they would not have been able to do it after the whole story broke.

Chris may have been having some financial problems and along with martial problems, it would have set him over the edge.  He's always held his anger in but it appears that it wasn't the case
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
wow thats a strong accusation.  You better hope you're not wrong

Its no accusation.  I knew only some of the details as I thought he stabbed them to death which is why I did not comment as it was not the case
A

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »
I can't believe this shit......... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

antcraw

• Getbig III
  • Legacy of Brutality
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »
Story from Fox Sports

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three
I'm Nick's role model!