Author Topic: Designer Purses  (Read 6563 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Designer Purses
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:35 PM »
Do you like them?

Do you own any?

Do you want one/more?
:

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Designer Purses
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »
i bought me girl one..

so she can carry her $50 bill in a $600 purse..  :-\

it made her happy..soo

s igh..women.. ::)
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »
Some of them

Ya, I own a few LV, Chanel, etc.,

I'd probably never buy another Chanel, ...but LV is bulletproof

Depends, what did you have in mind?

Not so much looking for purses these days, ...lord knows I have enough of them, ...but am looking for a mint condition LV monogram garment cover to go with all my other luggage. They no longer make the specific one I'm looking for.
w

9 Ball Slim

• Getbig II
  • I Hate Afghanistan
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »
My GF bought an Isabella Fiore bag to carry her stuff to the gym....the pattern on it sorta' looks like some one put froggs in a blender and pushed the button....she say's it's hot!  I just thought it was funny until she told me how much she paid for it  :o
Johnny Cash Was Right

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 05:12:27 AM »
It blows my mind why a woman wants a status purse. God, My North Face BACK PACK cost a fraction of
any of my ding dong wifes LV, Channel, etc.  She do have a couple nice Italiano leather pieces that are fine craftsmanship, and LV is bullet proof.
 Hell, I'm tempted to use her big open top LV  (Pick Pockets Delight modle) for a Trout fishing creel. It'd hold plenty of worms and fish.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:24:48 AM »

I am not into purses or shoes.  Never have been, probably never really will be.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 06:34:03 AM »
me too, does my head in.  I gave away all my designer Luis Vuitueey and Boggetta Venbog shit when I left TO.  Can't imagine why i bought it in the first place.  I guess I had too much money.

So I now still have the one same big shoulder bag I've travelled with all my life.  It's a bit worn out but I love it.  My status symbol.  I've always had the same bag.

One time, when I stashed it under the bar in NY 15 years ago, some guy said to me "It's like a womb, a woman thing, you know...?

xL
ps:  they call a purse the little thing you keep your money in, like a wallet, here.

Are we talking big handbags at dawn, dancing around them, bashing muggers with 'em?
(I obviously didn't know that LV make a bulletproof one.  Only in America as they say.  Whattaya sposed to do, whip it around the front next time someone wants your mobile phone?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 06:36:30 AM »
I am not into shoes.  Never have been, probably never really will be.

Oh now you've got me going.  Wanna talk shoes?

I say shoes, you say Boots
xL

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 07:11:30 AM »
There are some good reasons to invest in good shoes and bags, although I'd rather wander my life around in flip flops and hiking boots.

While these things are expensive, a good purse will never lose its style and can be kept for 10 or more years, or at least put away, and brought out again.  You can throw on a chocolate milk-stained white tee, saggy-assed jeans, and look like sh*t... but top them off with a hermes scarf, a pair of jimmy choos, and prada bag, and you suddenly look like you meant it.  My motto is, it's a mistake to spend all your money on clothes that will last a year on the fashion charts, when you can spend it on accessories that last way longer.  In the long run, it's a case of saving money, not spending it.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 07:12:04 AM »
My GF bought an Isabella Fiore bag to carry her stuff to the gym....the pattern on it sorta' looks like some one put froggs in a blender and pushed the button....she say's it's hot!  I just thought it was funny until she told me how much she paid for it  :o

;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 07:12:39 AM »
No I don't wanna talk shoes, I am not into shoes.  Maybe if I won the lotto I would get into shoes, but I could really care. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
There are some good reasons to invest in good shoes and bags, although I'd rather wander my life around in flip flops and hiking boots.

While these things are expensive, a good purse will never lose its style and can be kept for 10 or more years, or at least put away, and brought out again.   You can throw on a chocolate milk-stained white tee, saggy-assed jeans, and look like sh*t... but top them off with a hermes scarf, a pair of jimmy choos, and prada bag, and you suddenly look like you meant it.  My motto is, it's a mistake to spend all your money on clothes that will last a year on the fashion charts, when you can spend it on accessories that last way longer.  In the long run, it's a case of saving money, not spending it.

Once again Deedee is correct. Invest in the classics I always say... they go farther, and you end up spending less in the long run... plus LV truly is bullet proof. I have pieces (duffles & satchels) that pretty much saw daily use for years, ...getting tossed around in airports, ...on film sets ...on location for years... yet they've held up remarkably well without even showing a hint of the wear and tear to which they had been subjected. Got my first piece back in either the late 80's or early 1990 I think, and you wouldn't even know how old it is. Have been a fan and collector of LV ever since, ...and each piece has been more than worth every penny paid for them. Can't say the same for Chanel tho.  :(
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 10:13:43 AM »
I usually just carry my wallet in my hand (no purse) but at times I do need a purse and so I picked one out that I liked and it better last forever.  The brand name is Brahmin and I'd never heard of that before but I liked how it looked.  When I bought it it came w/a cloth bag that I had to ask about it's purpose.  They told me when not using the purse you put it in that bag to keep the dust off of it....I had to say "OH BROTHER."
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
Once again Deedee is correct. Invest in the classics I always say... they go farther, and you end up spending less in the long run... plus LV truly is bullet proof. I have pieces (duffles & satchels) that pretty much saw daily use for years, ...getting tossed around in airports, ...on film sets ...on location for years... yet they've held up remarkably well without even showing a hint of the wear and tear to which they had been subjected. Got my first piece back in either the late 80's or early 1990 I think, and you wouldn't even know how old it is. Have been a fan and collector of LV ever since, ...and each piece has been more than worth every penny paid for them. Can't say the same for Chanel tho.  :(

It's true!  The classics never fail. I have a whole collection of scarves... buy one every time I travel.  I've checked on ebay and looks like if I ever become homeless or something, I can auction them off and live reasonably okay for three months.  Or in certain parts of the world, could probably offer them up as a dowry. Better than a goat.  ;D

But the only reason I never invest in good luggage (LV looks great!) is because I've always heard those are the ones that tend to "disappear" off the luggage conveyor belt. Or get stolen by unscrupulous airport employees because they assume the contents are as good as the packaging.  :D

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
So you dated Terrell Owens Linda?  Is that what TO means?
TEAM Nasser

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 11:09:03 AM »
So you dated Terrell Owens Linda?  Is that what TO means?

TO is Toronto.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 11:10:05 AM »
Oh, k, I thought she dated terrell after reading that.
TEAM Nasser

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 09:26:38 PM »
I once saw a post about TO and clicked on it thinking it was about Toronto, ...it was about Terrell Owens

That used to also confuse me when I lived in Thousand Oaks California as well.
I moved from Toronto straight to Thousand Oaks. I could never figure out which city they were refering to?
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 09:35:57 PM »
I am not into purses or shoes.  Never have been, probably never really will be.

Me neither.
Little Miss Practicality - function, comfort & $
:

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 09:40:49 PM »

Me neither.
Little Miss Practicality - function, comfort & $

But you say that like designer purses aren't practical, or comfortable. They are, ...granted some are ridiculous, but unless one has experienced one of quality with excellent workmanship, they will not know the difference.

So PrincessL, do you have one for sale?
What was the purpose of this thread?
or were you just looking to OUT the vain spendthrifts on the boards?  :-[
w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »
But you say that like designer purses aren't practical, or comfortable.
  I guess I was referring more to shoes. 
They are, ...granted some are ridiculous, but unless one has experienced one of quality with excellent workmanship, they will not know the difference.

You’re right.  I wouldn’t know the difference.

So PrincessL, do you have one for sale?

lol – funny you bring that up.  I almost did.  A while back, a local radio station was giving away designer handbags.  I called in and won (I was actually calling for a different reason), but anyway, there were several to choose from.  I told them to pick the one they thought would get the most $$$ and auction it off for their Children’s Hospital charity marathon.
What was the purpose of this thread?
or were you just looking to OUT the vain spendthrifts on the boards?  :-[

Mostly inspired by Sex & the City reruns, BUT you bring up an interesting subject.  Do you think a lot of it has to do with vanity?
:

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 10:42:57 PM »
  I guess I was referring more to shoes. 
You’re right.  I wouldn’t know the difference.

There are alot of expensive "designer" or name brands that come at a premium, and quite frankly are crap. It's not just shoes or purses, everything from A - Z, ...even lipstick. Anyone rolled out a tube of Christian Dior lipstick lately? Did it break and fall off the tube before you had a chance to even use it? nuff said. Then there are those designer purchases that are worth every penny. The construction is simply so much better than the others. That makes a huge difference both in it's comfort, as well as it's durability. most people think the appeal of designer stuff is in it's appearance. Appearance is nothing and can be knocked off. The real appeal is in it's quality which cannot be so easily copied.

lol – funny you bring that up.  I almost did.  A while back, a local radio station was giving away designer handbags.  I called in and won (I was actually calling for a different reason), but anyway, there were several to choose from.  I told them to pick the one they thought would get the most $$$ and auction it off for their Children’s Hospital charity marathon.

:)

Mostly inspired by Sex & the City reruns, BUT you bring up an interesting subject.  Do you think a lot of it has to do with vanity?

Oh I'm sure for many it is a vanity issue. But like anything else, people's reason's vary. For some it IS vanity. A way to say "Look at me, I'm important... I have status". For others, it's simple practicality. Why waste $60 on a purse or a pair of shoes that are only going to fall apart and both feel & look like crap, when yu can invest in a pair with excellent craftmanship, that will both last, and provide you with the proper support you need.

When you compare a pair of shoes... a designer original, and an identical looking knockoff, ...they may look similar on the outside, however, on the inside, it's a whole nother story. The materials used are different, as is the construction and engineering that go into them. It's a world of difference that can be felt.
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 06:35:29 AM »
I have a Louie (with matching wallet), a Coach (with matching wallet) and a Bvlgari.  And I love them all!
:D Weee

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 07:25:40 AM »
You girls sure get into them Bags! I dont comprehend it ::) ;D.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
You girls sure get into them Bags! I dont comprehend it ::) ;D.
Well, let's see...do you wear anything designer?  Jeans? Suits? Cologne? Sunglasses?   If you answered yes to any of those...you should comprehend it.  If you chose Oakley or Ray Ban over a CVS no name pair of sunglasses, even Levi's over another brand (most jeans are made exactly the same...in overall wear), choose Joop or Aqua D for example over say .. Stetson, Armani over a no name suit.   You definitely should relate.  :)
:D Weee