Author Topic: Diego Sanchez vs. Bj Penn in August, Gsp injured during preperation for Kos.  (Read 5172 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
These are the latest rumors, the Sanchez/Penn fight being the more credible of the two. 
Predictions
 40/61

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
GSP gets injured often during training
RIP Bob Probert

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV

Supposedly he got injured by Rashad during a takedown within the first couple days of training, so he headed back to Canada, and at some point on the way home he caught some kind of virus or bug and became really ill.
Predictions
 40/61

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

I've actually done some grappling training with George. He tends to go 100MPH all the time.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Penn's camp is saying August is too soon for BJ to put on the weight and still be lean like he was for Pulver. 

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
For being such a good mma fighter, GSP sure gets hurt alot, I mean honestly, has anyone not heard of him getting hurt training for a fight, maybe he needs to adjust his training to avoid injury, just a thought

Geo

• Getbig IV
I thought penn said he did'nt want anything to do with 170 ?

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Does anyone here think that Diego has a prayer against a Penn in good condition??

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
A motivated in shaper BJ can beat anyone from 155-185.  He is the best I have seen and trained with, bar none. 

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
A motivated in shaper BJ can beat anyone from 155-185.  He is the best I have seen and trained with, bar none. 

Has BJ ever fought at 185? Do you think BJ could take Henderson at 185??? Just my opinion but I think BJ might be outsized/outmuscled at 185 with all the people dropping weight. 

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Has BJ ever fought at 185? Do you think BJ could take Henderson at 185??? Just my opinion but I think BJ might be outsized/outmuscled at 185 with all the people dropping weight. 

He beat Rodrigo Gracie and Renzo Gracie at 185lbs, and he lost a decision to Lyoto Machida at 205lbs, although, he held his own in that fight.  Bj is pretty tough to put away.  He trained with Team Quest a few times and both Randy Couture and Matt Lindland said that they had trouble taking Bj down, and that he was almost impossible to hold down.  Supposedly at one point he got Randy's back and tapped him with a rear naked choke.

Predictions
 40/61

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Bj is fighting Sherk in November

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

Yes he has

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Is this guy any good.  He is here training with BJ this week.

Norifumi Yamamoto

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV

Norifumi Yamamoto

Good, Kid is the BEST at 145.  I hope he wrecks Urijah Faber soon.  He is Enson's former brother in law. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Norifumi Yamamoto

Arguably one of the best p4p fighters in the world. Thought he was training for Japan's Olympic wrestling team. Haven't really heard about him in a while.

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
He beat Rodrigo Gracie and Renzo Gracie at 185lbs, and he lost a decision to Lyoto Machida at 205lbs, although, he held his own in that fight.  Bj is pretty tough to put away.  He trained with Team Quest a few times and both Randy Couture and Matt Lindland said that they had trouble taking Bj down, and that he was almost impossible to hold down.  Supposedly at one point he got Randy's back and tapped him with a rear naked choke.

Thanks for the info. Did not know that. Very impressive... Just not sure he would dominate the 185lbs division. I think he could be a contender.  I still think he would best at 170lbs. IMO I think he could carry the bodyweight and still have a good gas tank. Anyone know what his walk around weight is?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
These are the latest rumors, the Sanchez/Penn fight being the more credible of the two. 

Just asked BJ and he is not fighting till Nov. against Sherk.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Just asked BJ and he is not fighting till Nov. against Sherk.

Yeah, I heard about that, Diego's now fighting Jon Fitch as well.
Is it true Bj's training with Kid Yamamoto?
Predictions
 40/61

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Yeah, I heard about that, Diego's now fighting Jon Fitch as well.
Is it true Bj's training with Kid Yamamoto?

Yes this week he was.  The Kid just left this afternoon.  They got a picture together with some other guys I will try to post it.

BGfnSCOOB

• Getbig II
  • Lift Heavy or go HOME !!!
Babalu Sobral vs David Heath now set for August PPV

also heard Houston "Jardines Nightmare" Houston vs Alessio Sakura for Sept PPV
when hell is full the dead will walk

BGfnSCOOB

• Getbig II
  • Lift Heavy or go HOME !!!
I meant Houston Alexander, ,,,i typed it fast fearing just saying the brothas name would get my ass beat ! HAHAHAHAHAH
when hell is full the dead will walk

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting

I saw Matt Hughes beat a motivated and in-shape BJ.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
I saw Matt Hughes beat a motivated and in-shape BJ.

Only after the alleged rib injury which many dispute.  In the first couple of rounds, BJ is KILLING him, then in the third, he is in pain as he exits the corner.  Also, check out what happened in the first fight. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Only after the alleged rib injury which many dispute.  In the first couple of rounds, BJ is KILLING him, then in the third, he is in pain as he exits the corner.  Also, check out what happened in the first fight. 

I agree BJ was killing him.  Hughes is about as mentally tough as I have ever seen to come back from that.

I will watch the fight again tonight and look for what you referred to on the injury.