Author Topic: Should gimmicks be banned?  (Read 3541 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Should gimmicks be banned?
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:27:35 AM »
What do you guys think? Personally I feel that people who make other handles just to "go after" guys they wouldn't go after with their normal handles are pussies and have no place here. Some gimmicks, that don't cause shit, but its obvious that they just want to make people laugh and they pop out every couple of weeks are different imo. It's up to you guys. Also, and I am being serious here, are Antcraw and Pumphard even gimmicks? I have no idea. If they are just lame as fuck and not gimmicks, I don't see a reason to ban them, maybe if they start the same arguments in every thread like they do on the V, we can merge them or deal with it then, just my opinion.
E

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Should gimmicks be banned?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 05:32:05 AM »
gimmicks suck

why do people need a gimmick on an anonymous internet forum

ban the fuck ers

if you don't have the balls to give someone shit with your original handle

go and play on my space
T

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 05:32:30 AM »
well i say let the regulars who have been positing here decide they are the ones who make this board as danny and ss an i have said before so tell us what you think guys

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:53:25 AM »
gimmicks suck

why do people need a gimmick on an anonymous internet forum

ban the fuck ers

if you don't have the balls to give someone shit with your original handle

go and play on my space
I agree completly..If you can't run your mouth as you are don't bother. If you want to be funny be funny under one name.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:58:32 AM »
Yes to that. Peace clowns!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »
I don't think gimmicks should be banned, but I agree those designed just to attack because the regular account couldn't get the job done are pathetic.   Still, there have been some great gimmicks in the past (Jean Francois, Excite Bike, etc...) that should be allowed to do their thing.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 11:43:57 AM »
Yes. When we could delete our user names they were funny because you could make a name relevant to a situation on the board and have a name like "Arvilla's Gyno".

Since we can't do that anymore they are only used for dickless wonders to talk shit. I don't need a fake name to say that I fucked Man of Steels mom's ass so hard last night she won't fart without thinking about me for five years hahahaha
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
Yes. When we could delete our user names they were funny because you could make a name relevant to a situation on the board and have a name like "Arvilla's Gyno".

Since we can't do that anymore they are only used for dickless wonders to talk shit. I don't need a fake name to say that I fucked Man of Steels mom's ass so hard last night she won't fart without thinking about me for five years hahahaha

AHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!  Exactly!!  She is quite the whore!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »
Keep voting fellas.
E

Alex23

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
Unless the gimmick has its own likeable personality (Debussey had its moments etc..)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »
Unless the gimmick has its own likeable personality (Debussey had its moments etc..)

Debussey was hardly a gimmick after a while. most just assumed he was another member.

it's a rare gimmick that's worth keeping around, but i say in the interest of not getting anyone pissed off because THEIR gimmick got banned but someone ELSE's was allowed to stick around, they should all go.

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »
Debussey was hardly a gimmick after a while. most just assumed he was another member.

it's a rare gimmick that's worth keeping around, but i say in the interest of not getting anyone pissed off because THEIR gimmick got banned but someone ELSE's was allowed to stick around, they should all go.

Good point. Fuck 'em all.

You know, that's the funny thing about this board; it's finally fun to post again.... no bullshit, no mindgames.

I wanna keep it this way.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »

Good point. Fuck 'em all.

You know, that's the funny thing about this board; it's finally fun to post again.... no bullshit, no mindgames.

I wanna keep it this way.

yeah man. all the flaming and "mindfucking" and whatever the hell else was getting tiresome.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 08:07:33 PM »
Its fuckin gay to have a gimmick, because first of all, your on a message board, so whatever ur screen name is originally is pretty much a gimmick, because no one knows who you are anyways.

So if u use a gimmick to an already fictional character, ur fuckin lame.

Pretty much gimmicks are lame, and danielson, we shouldnt allow them on the Y!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 08:07:45 PM »
I'm not really into the banning stuff, but I gotta agree with the majority here. A funny gimmic should be allowed to do it's thing. The annoying one's that just follow people around and ruin threads should be banned.

And danielson, I don't know if antcraw or pumphard are gimmics for sure, but I have my suspicions about pumphard, I think antcraw is a real account though.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
I agree guys. me and danny talked about it... just waiting to talk to rude.

i think if any of the obvious are lame they get deleted.

at least when i'm around.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 08:11:26 PM »
I'm not really into the banning stuff, but I gotta agree with the majority here. A funny gimmic should be allowed to do it's thing. The annoying one's that just follow people around and ruin threads should be banned.

And danielson, I don't know if antcraw or pumphard are gimmics for sure, but I have my suspicions about pumphard, I think antcraw is a real account though.

hahaha, I don't think anyone would go out of their way to make a gimmick posing as a fat spook with 4 chins, a mouth that covers 3/4 of their face, a lazyeye and a mustache that looks like someone smeared shit above their lips.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »
hahaha, I don't think anyone would go out of their way to make a gimmick posing as a fat spook with 4 chins, a mouth that covers 3/4 of their face, a lazyeye and a mustache that looks like someone smeared shit above their lips.
see now this is funny, and if they can't come with in a mil of being this funny they have no right posting on the Y.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »
I know that's why I think antcraw is real, nobody could pretend to be that fucked up and still talk shit
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 11:06:56 PM »
I know that's why I think antcraw is real, nobody could pretend to be that fucked up and still talk shit

eh, he's still okay in my book. not that my book's worth shit ahhaha  ;D

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »
bump  ???
T

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »
bump  ???

cant you stop obsesing over 'gimmicks' long enough to make 2 normal posts in a row? ::)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »
cant you stop obsesing over 'gimmicks' long enough to make 2 normal posts in a row? ::)

stop following me around like a retarded puppy
T

Big Mark C

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 10:48:27 AM »
stop following me around like a retarded puppy

you were stalking me just this morning asking me for 'lists' :o

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria