Author Topic: Boycott Home Depot RE: Michael Vick  (Read 2934 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Boycott Home Depot RE: Michael Vick
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:15:41 PM »
Arthur Blank refuses to take any actiona against Vick and was purported to have shrugged off the recent allegations.

Arthur is the co-founder and co-chairman of Home Depot.
Choose from other's that don't support "ill humans" such as Lowes or True Value

Hey doesnt some shit bag that works with Home Depot also run in the Bodybuilding circles and put up money for Hardbody Entertainment? LOL

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Boycott Home Depot
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
Hope that works out for you, but right now I need some lumber and a saw.  Thanks for the Home Depot plug, I was actually going to go to Lowe's.
N

Birdman

• Getbig III
  • Pump Til You Puke!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »
Blank had this to say:

"We know you're anxious to hear more from us regarding the indictment of Michael Vick and its implications to the Falcons, Blank said in the statement. "Pleased be assured that we are working diligently on exploring our options and getting the right people involved in this situation."

"This is an emotionally charged and complicated matter. There are a wide range of interests and legal issues that need to be carefully considered as we move ahead, including our need to respect the due process that Michael is entitled to. Also, this situation affects everyone -- our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them -- so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions."

"Given the differing perspectives and strong feelings around this issue, we probably won't make everyone happy, but we are committed to doing the right thing. As the owner of this club that's, ultimately, my responsibility."

"In the meantime, know that I'm saddened and distressed about this -- not for myself, but for our fans and community who have been so loyal to us. We will do our very best to continue to earn your support."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=104ee68c-a028-4747-8920-96e366ddc170&k=88383

Living in Atlanta Ive seen alot of Vick's shit from a local stand point and I personally think that Arthur Blank is a spineless asshole.  He has backed Vick through all of the bullshit that he has done....The marijuana in the water bottle at the airport last year.  The incident when he flipped of the crowd last season.  The whole Herpes/STD case a.k.a. Ron Mexico, from a few years ago.
Blank is secretly having a love affair with Vick and knows that if he does the right thing and terminates his contract then he wont get anymore black man love.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:16:17 AM »
youandme, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

A boycott is good as long as you email then and tell them you are doing so. 

But sometimes threats of boycotts are not taken seriously,  I find that it is best to first express your concerns in a letter/email and say that you are considering shopping elsewhere if nothing is done. Wait for their response.

I think everyone concerned about his issue should write an email today!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=About_Our_Stores&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053#email

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:18:40 AM »
Yes im for it, fuck these huge corps with thier corrupt practices..

..but its going to have to wait till next week..

I need some drywall and paint
L

Monte71

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 06:34:15 AM »
Plus Home Depot is one of the largest distributors of Chinese make products rite along with Wal-mart.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 06:35:57 AM »
Plus Home Depot is one of the largest distributors of Chinese make products rite along with Wal-mart.
yeah and they treat their workers like garbage  fuck them

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 06:55:23 AM »
Too many gooks cutting drywall in flip flops at my local Home Depot. I go to Lowes where the white man is still king.
$

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 07:02:23 AM »
I thought this was gonna be about, you know, the Messicans.

Monte71

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 07:08:58 AM »
Too many gooks cutting drywall in flip flops at my local Home Depot. I go to Lowes where the white man is still king.
I have a older friend of mine the just married a Chinese woman and brought her and her son over to the US. She just came to try to give her son a better life she could care less about my friend and he is so stupid that he doesn't see it. He is so pussy whipped that the next day that they were in this country he put her name on the checking and savings account, plus her changed his last name to included her last name in it. What a dumb ass!!!! He makes it sound like the Chinese culture and way of living is so much better. I told him then to move there then.  If all he wanted is to find some Chinese pussy he should have just gone to Chinatown.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 07:10:57 AM »
Can we at least wait until the guy is proven guilty?You know ,there were plenty of jerkoffs who said the kids at Duke were guilty and what happened?Sorry,but I don't trust the federal government a bit.Vick is probably guilty,but I don't take this governments word on anything.Remember,Greg Anderson is still rotting in prison.His crime?Oh,thats right,he hasn't been charged with anything,hasn't had a trial,hasn't had his case heard.Boycott if you want,but Id boycott this filthy government before Id boycott WALMART.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 07:17:13 AM »
Can we at least wait until the guy is proven guilty?You know ,there were plenty of jerkoffs who said the kids at Duke were guilty and what happened?Sorry,but I don't trust the federal government a bit.Vick is probably guilty,but I don't take this governments word on anything.Remember,Greg Anderson is still rotting in prison.His crime?Oh,thats right,he hasn't been charged with anything,hasn't had a trial,hasn't had his case heard.Boycott if you want,but Id boycott this filthy government before Id boycott WALMART.
why dont you start a free craig titus movement, he hasn't been proven guilty of anything yet either ::)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:05 AM »
That makes sense.Good point.However,should we boycott the companies that used to sponsor him because he fell off the deep end?Isnt that more to the point?He is being held AND CHARGED with murder.Should we all stop reading Muscular Developement because he used to have a colum in there?Please tell me what Anderson did beside keeping his mouth shut.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »
why dont you start a free craig titus movement, he hasn't been proven guilty of anything yet either ::)

Thats a good point about his innocence. But the debate is about should he be released on bail (im not sure if has been already), there are some cases when a defendent is not allowed out on bail...this could be one of them?

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 07:40:29 AM »
I sent an email, you should too ;)
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 08:01:30 AM »
hahahahaha, yes!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 08:06:04 AM »
Like most consumers, I'm too lazy to participate in "boycots", and couldn't really care less.  I'll go to the store most convenient for me to get to and that has the best selection and prices, whether that is a Home Depot or a Lowes, or whatever.
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 08:08:08 AM »
Thats a good point about his innocence. But the debate is about should he be released on bail (im not sure if has been already), there are some cases when a defendent is not allowed out on bail...this could be one of them?
his(titus) prior felony convictions didn't help his bail cause nor did their clear attempt to leave U.S.territory.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 08:10:04 AM »
Man I love Home Depot  :(

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 08:13:48 AM »
I thought this was gonna be about, you know, the Messicans.

We can do something on that next week, but if you want you can email in regards to RON MEXICO.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 08:33:14 AM »
Like most consumers, I'm too lazy to participate in "boycots", and couldn't really care less.  I'll go to the store most convenient for me to get to and that has the best selection and prices, whether that is a Home Depot or a Lowes, or whatever.

I hear you Goatboy, Since the 90's we live in a corporate controlled, big business monopolized world. A boycott does not do much good anymore, because even if you shop somewhere else, they might own that too!!!!

But being lazy to participate in any cause you believe in is exactly what corporations want and exactly what is happening to the younger generations. I know the hippy days are over, but people have to stay connected and stay aware of who has power and who doesn't. I dont want to be a doom sayer but losing power frightens me.

I dont know what will become of a world controlled by big businesss, but I would rather fight it than to give into it. Maybe I will be proven wrong, maybe corporations will save the day. I am not sure, but I can remember a time when people had power through many civil right and envionmental movements. They really did have influence over business. Now they are losing it.

In this case the best thing to do is write to the government politicians and judges in that district. People still do have influence over them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »
youre forgetting something else -

Falcons owner A. Blank is going to piss off a LOT of people if/when he eventually does cut/suspend Vick.  A lot of loyal fans, a lot of groups, and a lot of advocate leaders just BEGGING for a cause so they can be on MSNBC with *their* side of it.  There are advocate groups just *praying* Vick is suspended so they can make claims of injustice on Blank's part. 

Blank would rather let the NFL do it.  period.  Less headache, and the brunt of an angry group's (albeit ignorant) claims of injustice goes their way instead.  he's passing the buck because the NFL is going to suffer more than the Falcons are.  Vick was one bad tackle away from being out of their hair all along.  But the NFL?  They're attached to this whole fiasco start to finish. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 09:30:09 AM »
Hmmm wonder who moved this thread ::)

Guess the Home Depot scum bag connection with Vick was dismantling.

Also I'm not sure how him not stumping this cause is helping out his "foundation" *cough*cough* write off. Since it's sole purpose is to "enhance communities"

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Re: Boycott Home Depot RE: Michael Vick
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »
I support Michael Vick and his entertainment for dog fights!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Boycott Home Depot RE: Michael Vick
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 09:28:10 PM »
I only go to Lowes anyways, they don't let Mexicans stand in front of the store
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!