Author Topic: 2xworkouts a day... Too much??  (Read 1113 times)

Gaius

• Getbig I
2xworkouts a day... Too much??
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:58:22 PM »
First, a little backround... I'm 20, 6 ft, and a very LEAN 180 lbs. I've been training for a solid 3 years and my diet is right on. I do alot of modeling and have a big shoot coming up soon and really wanna leave no stone left unturned. And no I dont mean should I use steroids... ;)

My question is, would it be beneficial for me to work each bodypart twice a week? Meaning I'd be doing in one week what I'd usually do in two. I know most bodybuilders do two a days especially before shows to really help rip up.

I bust my ass HARD every day and honestly think my body could take it. I was only planning on doing two a days a month out from the shoot and am pretty much just looking for a second opinion.

Advice?

climber

• Getbig III
Re: 2xworkouts a day... Too much??
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:00:58 PM »
Most bodybuilders can get away with training twice daily because while on steroids you recover so much quicker. I think if you really focus in the gym you only need to go at most once a day, this is provided you're training effectively and know what you are doing in the gym. You could split your training into a 30 minute session in the morning and another 30 minute session in the evening. Training much more than an hour per day is just a waste of time IMO. But, it all depends on how your work ethic is in the gym, if you're always yapping away to friends you might need to be in the gym 3 hours to get as much work done as I would do in one hour. I think you need to focus more on making your gym session more effective. Record all your lifts and look for progress every workout.
Hrmmm

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »
twice a week doesnt have to be twice a day. whether it can be done comes down to what exercises (some are more demanding than others, like deadlift, squat etc) how intense you train, how long you would be on that routine and whether you go to failure or not...

i would mix it up, let's say one workout for legs low reps one high reps... as two heavy workouts would probably be too much for a lot of people.
Z

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »
First, a little backround... I'm 20, 6 ft, and a very LEAN 180 lbs. I've been training for a solid 3 years and my diet is right on. I do alot of modeling and have a big shoot coming up soon and really wanna leave no stone left unturned. And no I dont mean should I use steroids... ;)

My question is, would it be beneficial for me to work each bodypart twice a week? Meaning I'd be doing in one week what I'd usually do in two. I know most bodybuilders do two a days especially before shows to really help rip up.

I bust my ass HARD every day and honestly think my body could take it. I was only planning on doing two a days a month out from the shoot and am pretty much just looking for a second opinion.

Advice?

The previous posts are good but I think they ignore the main question....why?  What do you mean by benefical?  Do you want to get bigger, smaller or stronger?  I'm guessing smaller i.e. less bodyfat?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:25:48 AM »
Twice a day is fine if you're working two muscles groups liek doing back in the am and bis' in the pm, etc. If you love the gym and won't get burned out quickly bro by all means! BUT, if you're looking just to increase over all volume of workouts, try doing each body part twice a week..some guys, no clue as to why, do two a day and TWICE A WEEK and end up doing their whole bodies 4 times a week. I mean get real. Sometimes less is more. Try it for a few months. If it doesn't work then fuck it, at least by then you'll know. This sport is all about trial and error. I would rather try and know than never do and always wonder.