Author Topic: Bath Day 2007!!  (Read 6489 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Bath Day 2007!!
« on: August 05, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »
Today was Big Dog Bath Day 2007!!   Our annual event (whether they need one or not!!)   I am happy to report that Bath Day went pretty smooth and I have all my digits intact!   :D    Some pics of the clean and gorgeous gang!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Bath Day 2007!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:48:52 PM »
 :D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
thief !

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »
thief !

I was inspired to get Bath Day 2007 over with!!!   ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 07:47:57 PM »
Great pics...everyone looks shiny and new  ;D  Glad to hear there were no injuries.

During his bath did Emmett look dejected?
R

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:23 PM »

pic 3 from the top is the best.  Addie for alpha dog.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 04:13:50 AM »
 :o  ~flower~  Please tell me you give those guys a bath more than once-a-year?!  ???
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 05:20:02 AM »
:o  ~flower~  Please tell me you give those guys a bath more than once-a-year?!  ???

Nope.  Once every summer.   ;D   Tad gets one more often because he is small and close to the ground and gets dirtier and likes to roll in stuff  :P.   Because I don't feed them grains they don't have that yeasty doggie smell that some (alot  8) ) of kibble fed dogs get which makes people want to bathe them monthly.

The power of good nutrition Judy
;)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 05:28:12 AM »
Great pics...everyone looks shiny and new  ;D  Glad to hear there were no injuries.

During his bath did Emmett look dejected?

When Briona gets wet she gets all these waves in her fur!  Then later I brushed and brushed and brushed her! She is a very hairy girl!  :o    She does, IMHO, have a stunning coat.   :D

I bathe her last because I will end up with hair all over me.   :P

They get all wound up after their baths and as I am bathing one I can hear the ones already done running around in the house!  ;D  It sounds like horses in there! 

Emmett just stands there, yes looking dejected, but I don't think he really minds.   I did it after we had an hour long walk and I figured they would be a little tired and the cool water would feel good.   

Addie I basically got down next to her and she was always in some kind of bear hug or physical contact with me to keep her calm.  I was soaked!! 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 09:53:39 AM »
I love Emmett he is gorgeous. I can see why it would sound like horses... Flower you could challenge the pony ride people for business.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »
FLOWER, your dogs look beautiful!!  Congrats for making it through bath day with all of your fingers!!
:)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »
FLOWER, your dogs look beautiful!!  Congrats for making it through bath day with all of your fingers!!

And if you dont, we wanna to see the pics  ;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »
I love Emmett he is gorgeous. I can see why it would sound like horses... Flower you could challenge the pony ride people for business.

You don't want to get in their way, they will knock you down!

Addie and Briona were really sparring and running around and Tad was on the couch barking at them, while Emmett just lay there.   It was a mad house for a bit.   :D

Thanks!!  Safe till Bath Day 2008!    ;D

This was the result of Bath Day 2006  :-X

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 11:32:11 AM »

This was the result of Bath Day 2006  :-X

OMG LOL.   :o

Our dane always loved getting a bath, actually.  It was SO much easier in the summer when we could use the hose outside.  Winters in the tub was always a challenge.  But again, I cannot even imagine THREE of them!  It must look like a circus!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »

OMG LOL.   :o

Our dane always loved getting a bath, actually.  It was SO much easier in the summer when we could use the hose outside.  Winters in the tub was always a challenge.  But again, I cannot even imagine THREE of them!  It must look like a circus!

I do them outside with the hose.  Last year I made the mistake of letting the leash get wrapped around my finger and Addie started freaking a bit and pulled back.   :o   It actually got pulled off my finger (she was about 140# then), taking the nail with it. I thought it was the ripping off of the nail that hurt so bad.  I finished her bath and still had to do Emmett.    It is still swollen some and I guess it always will be, I can't bend it 100%, and it still will swell up more and hurt like hell some days.  Nothing was broken, just torn and stretched.   That finger is gonna be all bent up and gnarly when I am old!!    ;D

That's the other reason they get one bath a year, I don't do them in the tub. I am not fighting with Addie for starters, or have Briona fur up the drain, and the bathroom is upstairs so that is tough for Emmett who would probably be the only one who would do it.  I did give Briona and Emmett a bath in the tub once.  I remember I had to pick up and put 1/2 of Emmett in the tub, then pick up and put in the other 1/2.  He wasn't fighting me, he just wasn't going to help either.   ;D

I really do not find myself thinking they need a bath more than once a year anyways.  Last year it had been 2 years between baths.   If for some reason I thought they needed one in the winter I would take them to a groomer where they could do them.  

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 11:49:58 AM »
  I do them outside with the hose.  Last year I made the mistake of letting the leash get wrapped around my finger and Addie started freaking a bit and pulled back.   :o   It actually got pulled off my finger (she was about 140# then), taking the nail with it. I thought it was the ripping off of the nail that hurt so bad.  I finished her bath and still had to do Emmett.    It is still swollen some and I guess it always will be, I can't bend it 100%, and it still will swell up more and hurt like hell some days.  Nothing was broken, just torn and stretched.   That finger is gonna be all bent up and gnarly when I am old!!    ;D

That's the other reason they get one bath a year, I don't do them in the tub. I am not fighting with Addie for starters, or have Briona fur up the drain, and the bathroom is upstairs so that is tough for Emmett who would probably be the only one who would do it.  I did give Briona and Emmett a bath in the tub once.  I remember I had to pick up and put 1/2 of Emmett in the tub, then pick up and put in the other 1/2.  He wasn't fighting me, he just wasn't going to help either.   ;D

I really do not find myself thinking they need a bath more than once a year anyways.  Last year it had been 2 years between baths.   If for some reason I thought they needed one in the winter I would take them to a groomer where they could do them.  

OUCH!!  Something to remember them by forever, I guess.    :D

I ended up taking Harley to the groomer in his later years for baths during the winter...I only bathed him about once every two months.  But he hated getting into the tub, and it was just too scary when he got older.  His hind legs would slip around in the tub, and he would take every opportunity to try to get out. 
I was really nervous about hurting him trying to keep him in the tub.  SO I found a groomer with drains in the floors so they didn't have to lift him into anything.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
Diego likes a good bath

Last year:

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »

Nope.  Once every summer.   ;D   Tad gets one more often because he is small and close to the ground and gets dirtier and likes to roll in stuff  :P.   Because I don't feed them grains they don't have that yeasty doggie smell that some (alot  8) ) of kibble fed dogs get which makes people want to bathe them monthly.

The power of good nutrition Judy
;)

Good to hear that you don't feed into that stupid dog washing shit.

Let dogs be dogs.

Question for Judi: How often do you see a wild dog take a bath?

As empty as paradise

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »
Diego likes a good bath

Last year:

lol!

Is that a special Christmastime shower curtain or year round  ;D
R

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 03:26:49 PM »
lol!

Is that a special Christmastime shower curtain or year round  ;D

Christmas....

He had an accident in his cage & needless to say...was stepping in it

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »

Let dogs be dogs.

You don't know how much this means to me coming from you.    ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »

Let dogs be dogs.

Actually, brushing on a regular basis should be adequate, unless they get into something.
:

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 07:35:05 AM »
I love them all flower, but I think that Emmett is my favorite.  He reminds me of our last dane.  :)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »

Let dogs be dogs.

Question for Judi: How often do you see a wild dog take a bath?

that depends on the species.   Iv'e worked with some coyotes that seemed to like it in the water.  The timber wolves I've worked with in the past will frequently get into water, especially on hot summer days to cool off.  The same with Red wolves.   I've never seen the Maned Wolves I'm working with right now do anything other than wade out into the water (to try to catch frogs) but they will stand/lay under a sprinkler. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »
that depends on the species.   Iv'e worked with some coyotes that seemed to like it in the water.  The timber wolves I've worked with in the past will frequently get into water, especially on hot summer days to cool off.  The same with Red wolves.   I've never seen the Maned Wolves I'm working with right now do anything other than wade out into the water (to try to catch frogs) but they will stand/lay under a sprinkler. 

I raised Labradors growing up....

It's tough keeping them OUT of the water especially living next to a lake & having a pond in everybodies back yard.

We also had a German Shepard that loved to chase Skunks....you can guess what would happen.