Author Topic: Almond Milk  (Read 2654 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Almond Milk
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:32:11 AM »
is actually pretty good!   I have the unsweetened  Almond Breeze from bluediamond.  It is like a watery milk, if you drink skim milk it is very similar.  I don't drink milk and don't want to drink rice or soy milk. 

It comes in original, vanilla, and chocolate.  The original is good, I have the vanilla too but haven't tried it yet.  I am using it on my Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Grain Cereal. 
   :)

The luscious taste of Almond Breeze Unsweetened is smooth and creamy with a mild hint of real almonds. It is a delightful and delicious unsweetened beverage without any sugar or added sweetener. - Lactose & Casein Free- Cholesterol & Gluten Free- Good Source of Calcium, Vitamins A, D & E- Kosher OU Delicious any time of the day...Enjoy Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla chilled by the glass, on your cereal, or in your coffee. It also enhances fruit smoothies. Drink to your health - Low Glycemic Index (GI) means a smaller rise in blood sugar levels after meals. If you are watching your GI, the lower the number the better. Almond Breeze Unsweetened offers the benefits of low sugar and insignificant saturated fat. Taste for yourself!Low Glycemic Index may:- Improve diabetes control- Aid in losing weight- Prolong physical enduranceBlue Diamond Growers' Co-op is 100% committed to your good health. Our over 3,000 grower members have been producing the finest quality almonds from the rich, fertile valleys of California since 1910. We continue to make nutritious and wholesome products for you and your family to enjoy. Not for use as an infant formula.

Almond BreezeŽ is a non-dairy beverage made from real almonds, all natural, smooth and creamy with a hint of almonds. Almond BreezeŽ is a great tasting non-dairy beverage without the thin, chalky after taste of rice and soy beverages.

Almond BreezeŽ won the 2004 Best Taste Award from the prestigious American Culinary Institute (ACI). ACI is an independent, chef based judging organization.

Enjoy Almond BreezeŽ chilled by the glass and on your cereal. You will love how it froths in coffee drinks, enhances fruit smoothies, and blends cup for cup in your favorite recipes.

* Gluten, cholesterol and lactose free
    * Excellent source of calcium, vitamins D & E
    * Good source of vitamin A
    * A refreshing alternative to soy and rice non-dairy beverages

Nutrition Facts - Unsweetened Original Breeze
Serving Size 8 fl. oz. (240 ml)
Servings Per Container About 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 40
  Calories from Fat 30
%Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g    5%
  Saturated Fat 0g    0%
  Trans Fat 0g    0%
Cholesterol 0mg    0%
Sodium 150mg    8%
Potassium 190g    5%
Total Carbohydrate 2g    1%
  Dietary Fiber 1g    4%
  Sugars 0g
Protein 1g
Vitamin A 10% ˇ Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 20% ˇ Iron 2% ˇ
Vitamin D 25% ˇ Vitamin E 50%
Phosphorus 4% ˇ Magnesium 4%

http://www.bluediamond.com/shop/natural/almondBreeze32.cfm

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Almond Milk
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:40:55 AM »
Thanks, I'm going to look for that.  Flower, do you put any sweetener on your Ezekial cereal?
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Almond Milk
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 05:51:07 AM »
Thanks, I'm going to look for that.  Flower, do you put any sweetener on your Ezekial cereal?

No. And today I had the original kind and I didn't put any sweetener on it.  I thought I might have too because of the almond milk, but I liked it fine plain! It would probably be good with some sweetener on it but I figured I wouldn't use it since it was fine to me.

The cinnamon raisin seems sweet enough to me also, I think a sweetener on that one would make it sickly sweet.   :P   It seems the last few boxes of the cinnamon raisin have been LOADED with raisins!!  That's why I picked up the original, I wanted to alternate between the two.  Now that I have 'milk' it is so much better!   

The almond milk is not refrigerated, I couldn't find it at first!