Author Topic: tyson kickboxing  (Read 3859 times)

milfer

• Getbig III
tyson kickboxing
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:46:24 PM »
  I had an argument with some co workers over this subject and i figured Getbig expertise would come through.

tyson in his prime vs crocop in a kickboxing match who would win and how.
?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: tyson kickboxing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:48:17 PM »
  I had an argument with some co workers over this subject and i figured Getbig expertise would come through.

Why would you think Tyson could kickbox?
E

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:01:57 PM »
i say crocop will kick his ass but i need so back up
?

Truman

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:37:17 PM »
there are some pretty decent boxers in k1 who are very competative..well a couple, so I don't think it would be as straightforward as people might think. I garauntee Crocop has never fought someone who hits as hard as tyson, or seen a heavyweight who could move like tyson did in his prime, plus the combinations that tyson could put together... Then again, don't now how Tyson would deal with those leg kicks, so who knows. ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
there are some pretty decent boxers in k1 who are very competative..well a couple, so I don't think it would be as straightforward as people might think. I garauntee Crocop has never fought someone who hits as hard as tyson, or seen a heavyweight who could move like tyson did in his prime, plus the combinations that tyson could put together... Then again, don't now how Tyson would deal with those leg kicks, so who knows. ;D

I don't know how to break this to you, but in terms of K-1 striking, CroCop is far and away mediocre and nothing more. He was decent in K-1, but far from being a great striker.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »
It would probably go something like Mercer/Remy, except Tyson would come out bobbing/weaving moving forward looking to land that big shot, only to have Cropcop land one kick and the fight be over, I think he would go with a body kick.
Predictions
 40/61

Truman

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 02:36:14 AM »
I never said Crocop was a great k1 fight, he wasn't even in the same league as Hoost, in fact I was leaning more towards the point that Crocop would have never come across someone with Tyson's ability, so he probably wouldn't win. You have to admit though Tyson may struggle with leg kicks if the fight goes on for a couple of rounds, it's not something he would be used to.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 06:54:37 AM »
I would go with Mirko.

Tyson would have to deploy the same strategy/technigue as mighty mo and try to time leg kicks and jump in at the same time with a shot to be effective at all in K-1.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5330571129426513655

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:58:35 PM »
Crocop would get put in a coma... Tyson was one of the hardest hitters in boxing.. in his prime the man was downright scary, I was watching a highlight dvd of his knockouts a few days ago.... WOW, Crocop would get his head knocked off (and I love CC, lol!) Tyson would just bully him, plus Tyson doesn't exactly have a glass jaw, I doubt a CC kick to the head would even make him blink.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »
Crocop would get put in a coma... Tyson was one of the hardest hitters in boxing.. in his prime the man was downright scary, I was watching a highlight dvd of his knockouts a few days ago.... WOW, Crocop would get his head knocked off (and I love CC, lol!) Tyson would just bully him, plus Tyson doesn't exactly have a glass jaw, I doubt a CC kick to the head would even make him blink.

A certified moron. "I doubt a CC kick to the head would even make him blink." hahaha, that's the most uninformed, moronic comment of the year.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
A certified moron. "I doubt a CC kick to the head would even make him blink." hahaha, that's the most uninformed, moronic comment of the year.

Ok bucktooth, I forgot your 120lb. ass is the foremost authority on fighting... esp. seeing as  how you've probably never even been in a real fight, just bullied on for your 'stunning' good looks... Hahahaha , as much as I love CC, Tyson (in his prime) would maul him.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 11:54:55 PM »
Ok bucktooth, I forgot your 120lb. ass is the foremost authority on fighting... esp. seeing as  how you've probably never even been in a real fight, just bullied on for your 'stunning' good looks... Hahahaha , as much as I love CC, Tyson (in his prime) would maul him.

hahaha, the fat fuck who pumps 2-4 grams of gear per week into his system is trying to give "advice" on fighting. Another internet badass. I'm still laughing that you think a CC high kick to Tyson's head "wouldn't even phase him". Thanks for proving that the closest thing to throwing a real punch for you has been the shadow boxing you do in between site injections. Got to love TUF fanboys who think they're the authority on "fighting".  ::)

What's it like needing a gram of test just to roll out of bed?  ???

Brutal meltdown by the way.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 12:27:23 AM »

other than his woman I'm not aware of tyson ever actually kicking anyone which makes him somewhat one demensional here......

cro cop would kick tysons thighs into hamburger inside of 9 minutes

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 12:35:29 AM »
other than his woman I'm not aware of tyson ever actually kicking anyone which makes him somewhat one demensional here......

True, but Tyson has been known to finish off opponents much faster than 9 minutes...

Let's just say that if Tyson lands the right shot (in his prime), there's not a lot of guys on the PLANET who won't go down, and stay that way... Hell, Tyson now will knock out most people around, back when he was (To quote Jamie Foxx) a pit bull with his leash off, he was that much worse...

Tyson is also not just some boxer... The guy grew up on the streets fighting and was expelled from schools and sent to juvenile detention centers... He isn't some silver spoon guy... He lived a rough life and lived it hard... He's not some punk.

I truly don't know of too many people in the history of ANY competitive fighting sport who Tyson probably couldn't have held his own against, and most likely beat, and beat soundly.

Mind you, I'm no MMA mastermind, I'm just saying this from what I've read, watched, and listened to about Tyson...

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 01:36:05 AM »
Larry Holmes could probably take Crocop out with his flying kick of doom.

Truman

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 04:25:37 AM »
Tyson was  very good at slipping shots and getting on the inside of larger fighters to land his power shots, his head was always moving making him very hard to hit. The problem I have with crocop winning this is, I can only see him wearing down a prime mike tyson with leg kicks since his head was so difficult to it. The thing is, legs kicks will only start to damage tyson after a few rounds, and Tyson doesn't need a few rounds to finish someone. Also Crocop has a decent chin, which is pretty much useless against a Tyson punch.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 06:14:08 AM »
hahaha, the fat fuck who pumps 2-4 grams of gear per week into his system is trying to give "advice" on fighting. Another internet badass. I'm still laughing that you think a CC high kick to Tyson's head "wouldn't even phase him". Thanks for proving that the closest thing to throwing a real punch for you has been the shadow boxing you do in between site injections. Got to love TUF fanboys who think they're the authority on "fighting".  ::)

What's it like needing a gram of test just to roll out of bed?  ???

Brutal meltdown by the way.

Hahah... oh yeah.. meltdown was when you were exposed for the bucktooth fairy you are.. 125lbs. soaking wet college geek, LOL... still taking tae kwon do classes with the 8 year olds are we?  I've been bouncing on the side for 8 years you little turd. I've been in more fights at clubs then you've probably watched. Go back to watchng TUF and jerking off junior before I dig up your pics and post em on here again.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 07:32:24 AM »
Posting 3 year old pics of me doesn't bother me in the least. I could do with looking at your pics again, though. It brings a tear to my eye knowing that you pump 3-4g of gear a week into your body just to pad your insecure little ego. What's it like knowing your genetics are absolute trash and that most pros use less gear than you?

I'm digging the little internet badass attitude of yours. Your little TUF fanboydom is laughably pathetic. I doubt you could punch your way out of a wet, paper bag.

Go on though, tell me how Tyson wouldn't be phased by a direct CC high kick to the head. HAHAHAHAHA! Where do these clowns come from?  ::)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »

I don't think Tyson would stand there and let Crocop kick him in the thighs for 9 minutes...  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 09:45:29 AM »
I don't think Tyson would stand there and let Crocop kick him in the thighs for 9 minutes...  ::) ::) ::) ::)

::)

yeah,because we all know how good tysons foot work and lateral movement was,of course tyson would'nt stand flat footed in front of him or any other opponent.......

what the hell was I thinkin ?
 ;D

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 10:34:28 AM »
::)

yeah,because we all know how good tysons foot work and lateral movement was,of course tyson would'nt stand flat footed in front of him or any other opponent.......

what the hell was I thinkin ?
 ;D

I hope you arent trying to be a smart ass. If you are you have just proven yourself stupid.. Tyson didn't stand flat footed.. Tyson did have pretty good movement. Minus the Lewis fight.... He was a heavy bag at the end of his career. Geo go play a video game or something... You know didlly shit.... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 10:47:56 AM »
tyson with not  being a flat footed fighter with good footwork,that's kind of funny actually...

go lick your wounds and troll somewhere else kid, your credability around here went down the tubes with your stellar eddie sanchez is dead thread !

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »

Let's just say that if Tyson lands the right shot (in his prime), there's not a lot of guys on the PLANET who won't go down, and stay that way... Hell, Tyson now will knock out most people around, back when he was (To quote Jamie Foxx) a pit bull with his leash off, he was that much worse...

I'm sure if tyson cranked cc on the button he'd fall but throw kicking into the equation (something tyson can't do) and it levels the playing field just a bit

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
tyson with not  being a flat footed fighter with good footwork,that's kind of funny actually...

go lick your wounds and troll somewhere else kid, your credability around here went down the tubes with your stellar eddie sanchez is dead thread !

Once again your only lame comeback, now lets adress your last post.. If you throw kicking into the combination, your right Tyson can't kick. If he was to train MMA or to fight crocop, I am sure that they would end up training him how to raise his leg and block the leg kick. As for the head kick, Tyson was trained to guard his head.

P.S. Fuckface, I think that my credibility still stands since I train and have for years. You have not proven any credibility that I have seen. Other then the fact that you can name every fighter that has appeared on Tuf.

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »

very realistic scenario....

CroCop could win this fight JUST with leg kicks, more or less like he did with Vovchanchin in K1....It would not be a very 'beautiful' or exciting fight to see, but he would win with no problems...Not that would be easy, but for CroCop its completely doable
!