Author Topic: fan wondering whether some of these figure/fitness pro will be competing again?  (Read 3921 times)

fitmomy

• Getbig I
hi this is my first post for this blog I'm a huge fan of figure and fitness competition and have been following the sport for about 6years i was getting ready for my first show in the middle end of 05 but found out i was expecting and had to put my dreams of competing on hold. beside some of the big names like the Monica-Brant,Davana Medina,Jenny-Lynn,Jen hendershott,Adela-Garcia etc(this list goes on) i also keep an eye on some of the armature competitors that have become pro. Some of these girls did very well on their armature career and competed in a few shows as a pro. Here are some of the girls that i would like to know if they would be competing again,

Alexis Ellis- i heard she took a break to go back to school any news if she will be doing a comeback

Alana Hernandez-i happened to be on the ifbb N.Y pro and saw her on stage she use to have a website but is no longer up any news whether she's still in the industry and making a come back.

Marcy Porter- I visit her website from time to time but no updates on any future competitions she actually did not do bad competing as a pro she place in the top 10 in several shows.

Davana Medina- I know she got married and retire but any news on a possible comeback

Tara Scotti- i may be wrong but i heard she was going to retire any news weather she actually did or whether she will be competing again.

here are some pic for some of the names of competitors I've mention

fitmomy

• Getbig I
sorry I posted the blog before i was finish but the Girl by herself in the blue is Alana hernandez and the two girls in the other pictures are Marcy Porter and Alexis Ellis

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Alexis is at school and Marcy can be found on musclemayhem.com  she competed last year

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Tara is retired and getting married in a couple weeks. She is an NPC judge in the New York area.
Elevate Your Image.™

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Alexis is finished with school in 8 weeks. She will Probably do a show just to show off her new Body. She has made some adjustments to her body, that the new judging system should like alot. She should be competing about 10lbs lighter than usual.

fitmomy

• Getbig I
Thanks for the inf guys.
Glad to hear that alexis is making a comeback and not sure if Tara Scotti read this board but if she does congrats to her on her  coming wedding.

Any news on Alana Hernandez?

fitmomy

• Getbig I
I wanted to start by wishing everyone a happy new year and good luck to all the women that are competing in 2008. While in the subject does any-one know wether some of these ladies are making a come back this year?

Alexis Ellis, Alana Hernandez, Marcy Porter, Jen Worth (i haven't seen Jenny worth up on stage for several years now i use to like watching her routines on stage i figure it wont hurt to ask).

I would especially love to see Alexis ellis i liked her stage presence. I was told that she might be making a comback this year i really hope she does.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

She wasn't a pro, but what about Tina Lockwood?

Any news? 

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
I wanted to start by wishing everyone a happy new year and good luck to all the women that are competing in 2008. Jen Worth (i haven't seen Jenny worth up on stage for several years now i use to like watching her routines on stage i figure it wont hurt to ask).

Jenny Worth is retired, she is a very successful DJ and personal trainer in South Florida.  If you are ever in South Beach you may find her DJing in one of the clubs there.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I wanted to start by wishing everyone a happy new year and good luck to all the women that are competing in 2008. While in the subject does anyone know wether some of these ladies are making a come back this year?

Alexis Ellis, Alana Hernandez, Marcy Porter, Jen Worth (i haven't seen Jenny worth up on stage for several years now i use to like watching her routines on stage i figure it wont hurt to ask).

I would especially love to see Alexis Ellis i liked her stage presence. I was told that she might be making a comback this year i really hope she does.
Alexis gives you a big Kiss for Making such a nice remark about her. Maybe, if people would say more kind things, Alexis and a few other women would step on stage again. We both really appreciate the kind Words.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Maybe, if people would say more kind things, Alexis and a few other women would step on stage again.
You're telling us the reason Alexis and a few others don't step on stage again is because of people not saying kind things?

Elevate Your Image.™

fitmomy

• Getbig I
This is another blast from the past Tina Lockwood, unfortunalty i dont have any news on her but would be nice to know if she's still involve in the fitness world.

Ur Welcome fit gourment, I know that the decision for someone to compete or not compete is a lot more than just hearing nice things from a fan but at the same time it doesnt hurt to know tht they are people out there that actually enjoy's seeing a particular person on stage. This is just my honest opinion but to me alexis is one of the figure competitors that holds a good amount of muscle in comperison with some of the other figure gals. Every-one has a different body type and what fit's and looks good on one person may not fit and look good on another person. In the case of Alexis that's what makes her different and stand-out from some of the other competitors plus it  looks good on her and it fits her body type well.

On another note does any one know if Alana Hernandez is competing again This year. She's not as popular as some of the other pro competitor's and i think that's the reason why a lot of people dont know who she is. if i'm not mistaken she did only 3 pro show's and did not place so well but she was also a pretty new competitor and in my opinion had the potential to place better.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
This is another blast from the past Tina Lockwood, unfortunalty i dont have any news on her but would be nice to know if she's still involve in the fitness world.

Ur Welcome fit gourment, I know that the decision for someone to compete or not compete is a lot more than just hearing nice things from a fan but at the same time it doesnt hurt to know tht they are people out there that actually enjoy's seeing a particular person on stage. This is just my honest opinion but to me alexis is one of the figure competitors that holds a good amount of muscle in comperison with some of the other figure gals. Every-one has a different body type and what fit's and looks good on one person may not fit and look good on another person. In the case of Alexis that's what makes her different and stand-out from some of the other competitors plus it  looks good on her and it fits her body type well.

On another note does any one know if Alana Hernandez is competing again This year. She's not as popular as some of the other pro competitor's and i think that's the reason why a lot of people dont know who she is. if i'm not mistaken she did only 3 pro show's and did not place so well but she was also a pretty new competitor and in my opinion had the potential to place better.
I am Friends With Alana, I will see if I can find her phone #. She is super Cool.

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
You're telling us the reason Alexis and a few others don't step on stage again is because of people not saying kind things?

No, Thats not my point at all. It's Nice to hear positive things on this message board. Also, it does help motivate the Athletes when they hear fans say nice things. It's just nice to know your appreciated by people out there, don't you think?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
No, Thats not my point at all. It's Nice to hear positive things on this message board. Also, it does help motivate the Athletes when they hear fans say nice things. It's just nice to know your appreciated by people out there, don't you think?
I couldn't agree more. It is nice to have a positive atmosphere and hear encouraging words, especially here on getbig. Everyone loves to hear nice things about them however there will always be someone trying to bring ya down. Why you have to do your thing and continue to be one of the positive ones.

How many women you bringing to the NPC IRONMAN Dave? See ya there.

Cheers!
Elevate Your Image.™

hairdo

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
what about jamie franklin and susie curry?

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!

I couldn't agree more. It is nice to have a positive atmosphere and hear encouraging words, especially here on getbig. Everyone loves to hear nice things about them however there will always be someone trying to bring ya down. Why you have to do your thing and continue to be one of the positive ones.

How many women you bringing to the NPC IRONMAN Dave? See ya there.

Cheers!
I have two Girls Coming in. Both Tall Class. They have a chance to win the whole thing. They Look that Good. However, I will be going against, 1,000 Kim Oddo Girls. So, Of Course I'm the Underdog. But I'm very competitive, so I love a good hard fight. I might post a couple of Pics of my girls when they are ready. I'm hoping the other girls might see there picture and quit!!! I like breaking someone spirit. Ha, Ha, Ha. I am Joking? Kind of!!

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
Alana will be competing later in the year!
O