Author Topic: Zeitgeist  (Read 1734 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Zeitgeist
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:24:16 AM »
Anyone seen this movie? Very interesting indeed!

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Don't know about the truths about the connections made, anyone have an opinion?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
Re: Zeitgeist
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:43:19 AM »
Are you religious types too weak to watch this or what?

Are you frightened it will make you question your faith?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 05:03:12 AM »
Nordic Superman,
This was already discussed about two months ago.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=156887.msg2209516#msg2209516

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 09:42:48 AM »
Nordic Superman,

Ok, i'll just fire up my time machine.

Very good post by you btw.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:41:29 AM »
Ok, i'll just fire up my time machine.

Very good post by you btw.

Thanks, Nordic Superman!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
Nordic Superman,

that thread does not discuss the movie.It's just a couple guys arguing over religion
DAWG

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 04:45:29 AM »
that thread does not discuss the movie.It's just a couple guys arguing over religion

Man, that was a very long movie, but I did watch the whole thing, from the very beginning to the very end.  Here are my thoughts.

This movie is bias and it has a political agenda.  This movie is entertaining, but it's just a movie full of conspiracy theories, Jesus is a myth, Christianity was created to control people, 911 and Pearl Harbor were inside jobs, all Americans are slaves of the US Central bank, Bush signed an agreement with Canada and Mexico to unite North America and replace the dollar with a common currency and do away with the American Constitution, etc.  None of it can be taken seriously.

As for Jesus being a myth based on ancient pagan gods, the Gospels do not say that Jesus was born on December 25.

The Gospels do not say that Jesus was visited by 3 kings, but by some wise men. 

It is a fact that Romans did crucify criminals. 

Israel did have 12 tribes, thus Jesus chose 12 disciples, 1 for each tribe. 

Jesus' virgin birth, death and resurrection were mentioned in the Hebrew bible, the Old Testament, many centuries before they were mentioned in the Gospels.  So Christianity did not need to borrow anything from any pagan religion. 

It is a historical fact that Christianity spread like fire in the first century, and that both Jews and the Roman empire where trying to quench this fire.  Yet, there is not a single historical record from either Romans or Jews that tries to disprove Christianity by tying it to ancient, pagan religions or pagan gods.   The Romans especially were very familiar with these pagan gods and religions mentioned in the movie.

There are well known, well respected, non-Christian historians of the 1st century who do mention Jesus in their writings, outside of the Bible.  And this was several centuries before the birth of the Roman Catholic Church.  I have already mentioned them in this thread.

The movie is very bias.  It starts off by saying that all religions are bad and invented to control people, then it proceeds to spend a long time trying to disprove Christianity and some time trying to disprove Judaism.  Now, I'm okay with that, but I was waiting for them to move on to Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.  But they never did.  Their sole purpose was to attack Judeo-Christian beliefs, because this movie has a political agenda.

usmokepole,
Now, here is something very interesting.  The first part of the movie is spent trying to discredit Judeo-Christian beliefs, but at the very end, they say that it is a fact that the world is moving as we speak toward a one world government with a one world leader.  They say that this one world government is going to inject us all with a microchip ID.  They say that if a person does not want to submit to this one world government, this one world leader will simply turn off that person's microchip ID.

Did you know that the Bible and Christianity predict that in the end times there will be a one world government and a one world leader?  That this world leader, the anti-Christ, will make everybody submit to him by giving them a mark.

Revelation 13:16-18
"16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
 18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."