Author Topic: Richard Dawkins answers questions at Randolph-Macon Woman's College  (Read 25272 times)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
Re: Richard Dawkins answers questions at Randolph-Macon Woman's College
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2007, 11:56:31 PM »
Columbusdude  lying again.When was this proven  that we are relatives of the ape?Also still waiting on YOUR fossil evidence to prove that we evolved from apes.Its not up to us as non believers in your theory to provide the evidence,the burden of proof is upon you my short friend.

Come up with evidence beyond reasonable doubt (not artists drawings) solid fossil proof whether it be full skeletons, families, mass graves etc whatever.

Heres the thing,you come up anything beyond reasonable doubt ill firstly delete my account here never again to call you out on your crap.

done.

Martin Nickels, Professor of Anthropology at Illinois State University

Humans As a Case Study for the Evidence of Evolution
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/evidence_mn.html

it was nice seeing you. :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 02:42:24 AM »
why are you asking me questions that you can easily find the answer to online?

In other words, you don't know.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 04:22:41 AM »
loco, if you are referring to that particular interview, Dawkins discusses it in his book "The Devil's Chaplain." He tells of how he was 'ambushed' by a bunch of Australian creationists who disguised themselves in order to get the interview with him, and then messed around with the tape.

A leading world authority on biology and Oxford University professor doesn't get stumped on trivial questions :)

Is that so?  How convenient!

I never said that Dawkins got stumped.  I simply quoted him saying that evolution, macroevolution has never been observed while it is happening.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 05:44:37 AM »
In other words, you don't know.

I do know the answers. I just find it lame that you are asking a barrage of questions in a weak attempt to stump columbusdude or me. Even if we didn't know the answer, that does absolutely nothing to prove evolution wrong. I also find it pathetic that you have the time to research information when it favors your views yet you act mentally challenged when it comes to learning about science.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 06:29:55 AM »
I do know the answers. I just find it lame that you are asking a barrage of questions in a weak attempt to stump columbusdude or me.

Then answer.  You and columbusdude are intelligent, educated individuals.  How could a stupid, ignorant, uneducated Christan like me possibly stump either one of you?  Have no fear and answer the question, if you want to.

Even if we didn't know the answer, that does absolutely nothing to prove evolution wrong.

Exactly.  That is very true and it goes both ways.  Just because believers on the board do not know the answer to all of the skeptics' questions does not mean that the believers are wrong.

I also find it pathetic that you have the time to research information when it favors your views yet you act mentally challenged when it comes to learning about science.

Asking you questions about subjects that you seem to know so well is, to you, acting mentally challenged?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2007, 08:42:51 AM »
Perhaps you can use Google or any search engine of your choice, or perhaps even go to a library! :)

C-62,  i would think that news of this magnitude would be easy to provide, Time, Newsweek, etc...    Would parade that news around,  but no, it wasn't as i recall.

So instead spouting off about going to the library so i can read a scientists opinion maybe there was concrete proof of it.  Proof that would have been BIG news int he world and would surely rocked western religion.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2007, 08:45:15 AM »
evolution predicts that humans and apes share a common ancestor. You could say this is a proven fact thanks to the insurmountable evidence that supports this hypothesis.

it's virtually impossible to identify a missing link. We may find a fossil that looks promising but that doesn't mean we won't find a fossil that more closely 'fits the bill," so to speak, in the future.

I'm just trying to understand this.

Is it directly proven we descended from apes or is it the evidence that suggests strongly we did?

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »
I'm just trying to understand this.

Is it directly proven we descended from apes or is it the evidence that suggests strongly we did?

you keep asking if we evolved from apes. The simple answer to your question is "no." Humans and apes share a common ancestor. You could say we evolved from an ape-like creature. It hasn't been directly proven no more than you can prove the sun will rise tomorrow without actually using a time machine and going into the future. However, the evidence strongly points in favor of this occurance.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2007, 09:57:02 AM »
you keep asking if we evolved from apes. The simple answer to your question is "no." Humans and apes share a common ancestor. You could say we evolved from an ape-like creature. It hasn't been directly proven no more than you can prove the sun will rise tomorrow without actually using a time machine and going into the future. However, the evidence strongly points in favor of this occurance.

Have we found this common ancestor?  Is this common ancestor the missing link?

Do have any fossil records, dug up bones, DNA etc..?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »
See: http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/ha/images/bigtree2.GIF

We didn't evolve FROM apes. The apes you see in the world today are our cousins and share an ancester closer to use than say a fish.

The apes of the world are as evolved as we are.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
See: http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanorigins/ha/images/bigtree2.GIF

We didn't evolve FROM apes. The apes you see in the world today are our cousins and share an ancester closer to use than say a fish.

The apes of the world are as evolved as we are.

WORD!!!

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »
Where is fossil evidence that we descended from apes or carry a similar ancestor?No drawings from scientific journals either please.

Your article was nice but however i just discovered that my dog actually has eyes sorta like mine.Has limbs sorta like mine give or take a paw or two and hey it even craps outta the same hole sorta like me!

Evidence please.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2007, 10:49:31 PM »
Where is fossil evidence that we descended from apes or carry a similar ancestor?No drawings from scientific journals either please.

Your article was nice but however i just discovered that my dog actually has eyes sorta like mine.Has limbs sorta like mine give or take a paw or two and hey it even craps outta the same hole sorta like me!

Evidence please.

It doesn't exist.  If there was a common ancestor the fossil record would be full of transitional fossils.  What you have instead are theories and artists renditions of what those supposed transitional creatures looked like. 

nzhardgain

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2007, 10:57:22 PM »
Amen brother.Yet these evolutionists say that we are deluded.
Im away for the next week hope whe i get back this evidence will be available ::)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »

(A) Pan troglodytes, chimpanzee, modern
(B) Australopithecus africanus, 2.6 MYA
(C) Australopithecus africanus, 2.5 MYA
(D) Homo habilis,1.9 MYA
(E) Homo habilis, 1.8 MYA

(F) Homo rudolfensis, 1.8 MYA
(G) Homo erectus, 1.75 MYA
(H) Homo ergaster 1.75 MYA
(I) Homo heidelbergensis, 300,000 - 125,000 YA

(J) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, 70,000 YA
(K) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, 60,000 YA
(L) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, 45,000 YA
(M) Homo sapiens sapiens, Cro-Magnon 30,000 YA
(N) Homo sapiens sapiens, modern

click to view larger
http://rationalrevolution.net/images/skullevopanhomo.jpg

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2007, 12:00:36 AM »
It doesn't exist.  If there was a common ancestor the fossil record would be full of transitional fossils.  What you have instead are theories and artists renditions of what those supposed transitional creatures looked like.

evolution theory predicts that there have been millions of transitional organisms. It does not predict that all these organisms were preserved as fossils. Just b/c there are gaps in the fossil record does not mean we can jump to the conclusion that no more fossils are left to be discovered.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2007, 12:02:44 AM »
Amen brother.Yet these evolutionists say that we are deluded.

why are you still posting here? A deal is a deal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2007, 12:17:41 AM »

(A) Pan troglodytes, chimpanzee, modern
(B) Australopithecus africanus, 2.6 MYA
(C) Australopithecus africanus, 2.5 MYA
(D) Homo habilis,1.9 MYA
(E) Homo habilis, 1.8 MYA

(F) Homo rudolfensis, 1.8 MYA
(G) Homo erectus, 1.75 MYA
(H) Homo ergaster 1.75 MYA
(I) Homo heidelbergensis, 300,000 - 125,000 YA

(J) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, 70,000 YA
(K) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, 60,000 YA
(L) Homo sapiens neanderthalensis, 45,000 YA
(M) Homo sapiens sapiens, Cro-Magnon 30,000 YA
(N) Homo sapiens sapiens, modern

click to view larger
http://rationalrevolution.net/images/skullevopanhomo.jpg

An excerpt that immediately precedes these "transitional fossils":

"Below is a series of skulls believed to be from the recent human family tree. Not all of the skulls are believed to be direct ancestors of modern humans. The first skull is actually that of a modern chimpanzee. The exact classifications of the skulls are listed below. Those in bold are thought to be direct ancestors of modern humans."

http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/understanding_evolution.htm#Evidence_of_Evolution

Sounds pretty equivocal to me.  These skulls are either human or monkey (ape, etc.).  They aren't transitional fossils, showing a half man/half ape skull.  Those types of fossils don't exist. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2007, 12:21:52 AM »
evolution theory predicts that there have been millions of transitional organisms. It does not predict that all these organisms were preserved as fossils. Just b/c there are gaps in the fossil record does not mean we can jump to the conclusion that no more fossils are left to be discovered.

How do you predict something that already happened? 

We haven't found any.  If there was this mass transition from one species to another, that resulted in all of the human and animal life we have today, there would absolutely be evidence in the fossil record.  We have tons of very old fossils, but absolutely none proving macroevolution.  This is a significant problem for those who believe in that monkey business. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2007, 02:39:31 AM »

Evidence please.

That's because even your dog shares a common ancestor somewhere down the line, were one took the path that led to the evolution of the wolf, the other path leading evolution to produce the ape like animals. As does all vertebrates including the fish. You will find that the vast majority of animals with vertebrae like ourselves following the same blueprint.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2007, 05:18:32 AM »
An excerpt that immediately precedes these "transitional fossils":

"Below is a series of skulls believed to be from the recent human family tree. Not all of the skulls are believed to be direct ancestors of modern humans. The first skull is actually that of a modern chimpanzee. The exact classifications of the skulls are listed below. Those in bold are thought to be direct ancestors of modern humans."

http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/understanding_evolution.htm#Evidence_of_Evolution

hence the parts I bolded in my post. I also included a family tree diagram to show where the fossils fit into human evolution. I'm not really sure what the hang up is.

Sounds pretty equivocal to me.  These skulls are either human or monkey (ape, etc.).  They aren't transitional fossils, showing a half man/half ape skull.  Those types of fossils don't exist.

Learn what you are talking about before opening your mouth. Chimpanzees are the closest living relatives of humans. Evolution predicts we share a common ancestor. Therefore, we expect that organisms lived in the past which were intermediate in morphology between humans and chimpanzees. The aforementioned fossils demonstrate characteristics unique to both organisms. By definition, they are transitional fossils.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2007, 05:39:20 AM »
How do you predict something that already happened?

We haven't found any.  If there was this mass transition from one species to another, that resulted in all of the human and animal life we have today, there would absolutely be evidence in the fossil record.  We have tons of very old fossils, but absolutely none proving macroevolution.  This is a significant problem for those who believe in that monkey business.

ha ha ha, where do you get your information from? It sounds like you're just making this shit up to stir controversy. Plenty of transitional fossils have been discovered.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2007, 07:40:28 AM »
Good work, NeoSeminole, holding down the fort of science and reason 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
hence the parts I bolded in my post. I also included a family tree diagram to show where the fossils fit into human evolution. I'm not really sure what the hang up is.

Learn what you are talking about before opening your mouth. Chimpanzees are the closest living relatives of humans. Evolution predicts we share a common ancestor. Therefore, we expect that organisms lived in the past which were intermediate in morphology between humans and chimpanzees. The aforementioned fossils demonstrate characteristics unique to both organisms. By definition, they are transitional fossils.

Dude you posted pictures of animals.  Even the person who posted the pictures on the websites doesn't categorically call them transitional fossils.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »
ha ha ha, where do you get your information from? It sounds like you're just making this shit up to stir controversy. Plenty of transitional fossils have been discovered.

More animal pictures.  But thanks for sharing.