Author Topic: Power Suit Suggestions  (Read 2003 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Power Suit Suggestions
« on: September 13, 2007, 06:16:17 PM »
So heres the deal. I have never used a power suit. I did however once order a pair of groove briefs from Inzer that didnt fit. So I ordered them much larger (Im 280+ and I ordered for a 320+lb man) and they still didnt fit right. My legs and stomach dont fall in line with their sizing I guess. The legs are tight to the point of cutting off circulation and the stomach is so loose it wont stay up unless belted.

So, any suggestions as to what brand I should go with? I dont want to spend all the money on a special order if Im not going to use it but twice a year. I am considering METAL.

Squat suit preferably.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Power Suit Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 12:13:03 AM »
Get the Titan Super NXG+, regular stance.

I would get you either a size 48 or a 50, probably a size 50.

If it's slightly too big, get a saddlemaker or shoemaker make a single stitch down the sides, you will have to get the bands sewn in slightly anyway for it to fit perfect.

Buy suit slippers while you're at it, will make getting the suit on a much easier task.

Use the suit for a couple of sessions before having it sewn in, since it will slightly widen. Also, since you apparently don't want it too tight... Don't make it too tight. 8)
As empty as paradise

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 07:12:23 AM »
I agree with Hedge. i had good results from Inzer's Hardcore squat suit as well. i've never used briefs.

8)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
So heres the deal. I have never used a power suit. I did however once order a pair of groove briefs from Inzer that didnt fit. So I ordered them much larger (Im 280+ and I ordered for a 320+lb man) and they still didnt fit right. My legs and stomach dont fall in line with their sizing I guess. The legs are tight to the point of cutting off circulation and the stomach is so loose it wont stay up unless belted.

So, any suggestions as to what brand I should go with? I dont want to spend all the money on a special order if Im not going to use it but twice a year. I am considering METAL.

Squat suit preferably.
I have the same problem with groove briefs from inzer.  I wear some type of briefs for all DE box squatting days as a means of protecting my hips.  I am a 320 lb guy, but I'm short with really, really big quads.  I can actually get into a size 25 (the size for my weight) but I have to stretch the leg holes out quite a bit and it takes a little bit... I basically just do a stiff legged deadlift with the leg holes everytime before I put them on.  Even then, you have to be careful with groove briefs because they can be real nut pinchers.   typically I wear a size 27 or 29.  My understanding is that with groove breifs, the waist will be loose and the legs very tight.  personally I prefer power pants, but I have to go up 3 sizes to get them to fit my legs. 

As far as suits go, I just started playing with a single layer Hardcore.  So far I like it. 

I've also heard nothing but good stuff about Metal gear---as in nothing bad yet at all.  The biggest problem is the delay in getting it to fit right if you have to send soemthing back.  If you live anywhere near Columbus/London Ohio, my understanding is its worth it to just stop by Elitefts and let those guys help you with fitting. 

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 07:22:11 AM »
I have the same problem with groove briefs from inzer.  I wear some type of briefs for all DE box squatting days as a means of protecting my hips.  I am a 320 lb guy, but I'm short with really, really big quads.  I can actually get into a size 25 (the size for my weight) but I have to stretch the leg holes out quite a bit and it takes a little bit... I basically just do a stiff legged deadlift with the leg holes everytime before I put them on.  Even then, you have to be careful with groove briefs because they can be real nut pinchers.   typically I wear a size 27 or 29.  My understanding is that with groove breifs, the waist will be loose and the legs very tight.  personally I prefer power pants, but I have to go up 3 sizes to get them to fit my legs. 

As far as suits go, I just started playing with a single layer Hardcore.  So far I like it. 

I've also heard nothing but good stuff about Metal gear---as in nothing bad yet at all.  The biggest problem is the delay in getting it to fit right if you have to send soemthing back.  If you live anywhere near Columbus/London Ohio, my understanding is its worth it to just stop by Elitefts and let those guys help you with fitting. 

Ill wear METAL forever, unless someone were to sponsor me :D.  The Viking briefs are unbelievable, and I use them for my DE squat days.  AS far as suits go, IM currently in an ACE Pro, but was a big fan of the Pro Squatter until the Ace came along.  If youre unsure of how to fit them, just call Elite and ask for Jim.  He will hook you up.  You also wont have a suge shipping delay.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! I will be getting a suit of some sort later this year. I dont need it just yet but if next year I enter a Pro AM I will definately need it. I will most likely go with METAL. I'll let ya know how it goes.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:47:24 AM »
It takes awhile to learn how to get the most from gear. Get it soon, use it often. you will learn how to use it over time and your lifts will get heavier and heavier.
sept 10th APF

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:04:49 PM »
It takes awhile to learn how to get the most from gear. Get it soon, use it often. you will learn how to use it over time and your lifts will get heavier and heavier.

Haha! You make me wanna go get one RIGHT NOW!