Author Topic: critique bulking diet.....  (Read 2571 times)

xander

• Getbig II
critique bulking diet.....
« on: September 13, 2007, 07:04:57 PM »
im enclosing my diet which i plan on running in a couple of months, hope any1 outhere can give me an opinion
meal 1
4 whole eggs p-28 c-4 f-20 kcals-320
2 egg whites p-10 c-0 f-0 kcals-40
120 gr. 2% cottage cheese p-13 c-5 f-2.5 kcals-90
120 gr oatmeal p-15 c-81 f-9 kcals-450
2 slices whole wheat bread p-8 c-20 f-2 kcals-100     total- p-74 c-110 f-33.5 kcals-1000

meal 2
8 oz meat p-54 c-0 f-10 kcals-306
2 slices whole wheat bread p-8 c-20 f-2 kcals-100
32 gr peanut butter p-8 c-7 f-16 kcals-190
4 oz pasta p-12 c-84 f-2 kcals-400     total- p-82 c-111 f-30 kcals-996

meal 3
heavyweight gainer 900 p-35 c-103 f-8.5 kcals- 630
1 tbsp flaxseed oil p-0 c-0 f-14 kcals- 130
3 egg whites p-15 c-0 f-0 kcals-60
2 cups skim milk p-16 c-26 f-0 kcals 180     total- p-66 c-129 f-22.5 kcals-1000

meal 4
same as meal 2

meal 5
238 gr 2% cottage cheese p-26 c-10 f-5 kcals-180
120 gr oatmeal p-15 c-81 f-9 kcals-450
2 slices whole wheat bread p-8 c-20 f-2 kcals-100
32 gr peanut butter p-8 c-7 f-16 kcals-190     total- p-57 c-118 f-16 kcals-920

total intake p-361 c-579 f-148 kcals-4912
kcals p-1480.1 c-2373.9 f-1346.8 kcals-5200.8

protein=250gr=50gr a meal
carb=500gr=100gr a meal
fat=100gr=20gr a meal

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: critique bulking diet.....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:43:09 PM »
no.

switch up your nutrients.

i would get 500 grams of protein and 250 grams of carbs. carbs dont help you bulk, dude..they just give you energy for awesoem workouts; and simple carbs right after your workout will help restore muscle glycogen...but enough carbs for a kickass workout would be no more than 150 grams. and you need no more than 50 grams simple carbs post workout shake. 

and i would spread your meals out more....
you should try to make it 8 meals a day; never going longer than an hour and a half without consuming at least 35 grams of protein, 15 grams of complex carbs, and some healthy fats.

that would be a good bulking diet.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
no.

i would get 500 grams of protein and 250 grams of carbs. carbs dont help you bulk, dude..they just give you energy for awesoem workouts; and simple carbs right after your workout will help restore muscle glycogen...but enough carbs for a kickass workout would be no more than 150 grams. and you need no more than 50 grams simple carbs post workout shake. 

you should try to make it 8 meals a day; never going longer than an hour and a half without consuming at least 35 grams of protein, 15 grams of complex carbs, and some healthy fats.

Candidate

STOP!  Please stop handing out dietary advice!  Not even Muscle and Fatness would recommend some of your absurdities.

I'm serious.  Please stop.
:

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
he will learn the hard way that for naturals there is no such thing as builking..only fat accumulation
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:19:21 PM »
someone posted this a few days ago...great read

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956
Here comes the money shot

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:49 PM »
no.

He's been reading to many Bodybuilding Magazines...Oh and by the way candidate Isn't natural...He made a reference to some legal Anabolic gray market product he's been using..

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »
princess..i respect you; and the knowledge you have......but how is what i told him not an improvement from what he had originally posted?

he is obviously a "hard gainer"..and needs all of these calories, or else he would not have posted such a diet.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
Xander, I think we need more information here before we critique your diet.  How much do you weigh, how often do you train and when, what supplements are you taking etc.  Please give us more info.  Right off the bat though it seems like unless you are a really large dude that your calorie intake is too high.  Based on your totals at the bottom, you are taking in 3900 calories a day, which is pretty high unless you are pretty big already and I would think you'd put on a lot of fat.  Anyway let us know. 

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 01:42:02 AM »
no.

500g protein!!  :o :o not even on steroids. 500g protein going thru my kidneys everyday, no thanks! That 3500g protein a week.

someone posted this a few days ago...great read

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956

Great read! very useful information.

The best advice there is: Get lean and stay there! even when bulking. Never go over 10%BF!
tank u jesus

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 04:11:32 AM »
500g of protein a day is both useless and dangerous.

The diet posted has far too many calories.

"Hard gainer" is a marheting term invented by people selling weight gainer (see the gainer reference).

Candidate, listen to Prin and read more before you post advice.

To gain muscle you should eat about 200 calories more per day then you need... even then you risk adding fat.

Most "bulking diets" have just made people fat.

Head this warning:

It take three times as long to lose the fat that you gain.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:31:06 AM »
yeah; but i was assuming that he was going to stick with that amount of alories for his diet. and if so...i would think that he would be much better off switching up thos two nutrients gram totals. because all those carbs over 250 grams will just be stored as fat....as you said; but if you are training very hard and often, you could use more of that protein than you would of carbs; if eaten in correct spaces and quantities. for me it just makes sense that if a bodybuilder is oging to overeat on a nutrient it owuld be the muscle building nutrient(protein) not the energy nutrient(carbohydrate)...
d[-_-]b actin all cool

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 07:33:58 AM »
if a bodybuilder is oging to overeat on a nutrient it owuld be the muscle building nutrient(protein) not the energy nutrient(carbohydrate)...

"Protein burns in the furnace of the carbohydrate"--  Arnold Schwarzenegger

Beejis60

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »
To the OP, what's your body chemistry like?  As an endo (I'm referring to the biochemistry, NOT the physical appearance generalized from the somatypes), I find that carbs (and protein, of course) should only be consumed during the first meal of the day along with pre and post workout.  Everything else is protein and healthy fats; I eat TONS of almonds!!

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 08:32:53 AM »
no.

you can't process 35 g of protein every 1 1/2 hours. Your kidneys will be a mess and you'll store the excess as fat. (what you can't piss out)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 08:39:57 AM »
yeah; but i was assuming that he was going to stick with that amount of alories for his diet. and if so...i would think that he would be much better off switching up thos two nutrients gram totals. because all those carbs over 250 grams will just be stored as fat....as you said; but if you are training very hard and often, you could use more of that protein than you would of carbs; if eaten in correct spaces and quantities. for me it just makes sense that if a bodybuilder is oging to overeat on a nutrient it owuld be the muscle building nutrient(protein) not the energy nutrient(carbohydrate)...

you missed the point... there is no such thing as a bulking diet... they're all GET FAT DIETS...

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »
To the OP, what's your body chemistry like?  As an endo (I'm referring to the biochemistry, NOT the physical appearance generalized from the somatypes), I find that carbs (and protein, of course) should only be consumed during the first meal of the day along with pre and post workout.  Everything else is protein and healthy fats; I eat TONS of almonds!!

To reduce bodyfat, I am an advocate of consuming a source of fiber with every meal.  That means carbs with every meal, brocolli, whole wheat tortillas, brussle sprouts, oat meal, wheat germ.  This regulates blood sugar, controls hunger and regulates the body's absorption of protein

Beejis60

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »
To reduce bodyfat, I am an advocate of consuming a source of fiber with every meal.  That means carbs with every meal, brocolli, whole wheat tortillas, brussle sprouts, oat meal, wheat germ.  This regulates blood sugar, controls hunger and regulates the body's absorption of protein
Depends on your body chemistry.  If I ate oatmeal and tortillas every meal of the day, I'd be one fat bastard.  My body works best on unsaturated fats and protein.  I eat tons of fiber though as I do use low carb tortillas often (8g carbs and 7g fiber) and couple that with 3g fiber per ounce of almonds I eat, I have no reason to eat oatmeals and whole wheat tortillas every meal.  Plus I start my day off with 1/2 cup of fiber one!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »
I find that carbs (and protein, of course) should only be consumed during the first meal of the day along with pre and post workout.  Everything else is protein and healthy fats; I eat TONS of almonds!!

Why is that ?
is it bad to eat carbs with every meal even if your calories are low enough? isn't it calories that matter the most?
So having your carbs spreadout thru the day is much worse than having them all before let's say 6pm?
tank u jesus

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 02:26:57 PM »
Why is that ?
is it bad to eat carbs with every meal even if your calories are low enough? isn't it calories that matter the most?
So having your carbs spreadout thru the day is much worse than having them all before let's say 6pm?

From past posts, the consensus appears to be that the "time of day" aspect of nutrition is way overblown, whether its carbs or calories.  You can consume a reasonable amount of slow burning carbs in the middle of the night without adverse effect.  Obviously, pounding a bag of doritos is bad whenever.

Eat balanced, eat regulally, eat moderately but eat sufficiently.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 02:42:40 PM »
It's hard to tell because everyone says something different. eat at night, don't eat at night etc...
tank u jesus

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »
It's hard to tell because everyone says something different. eat at night, don't eat at night etc...

Not a scientific poll, but from seeing this topic come up perodically, I believe the consensus is you can eat at night as long as you eat smart.  At minimum, one feeding of a slow dissolving protein source forstalls catabolism and will not make you fat (assuming your overall nutrition is sound).  I consume 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese with 2 tb of wheat germ and 1 tb of walnut oil right before bed.  Then  I have tow nightime feedings of liver tabs (total 30) aminos (total 4) and fish oil (total 4g).  After I started this, my bodyfat began to actually decline even though I was taking in more total calories and fats (albeit healthy fats).

Experiment with it- you'll know if it is beneficial for you.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »
Yes i always eat protein before bed usually 3 whole hardboiled eggs. The question is carbs: spread them thruout the day or keep them all before 6-7 pm.

What i do now is 5 x 40g carbs, last meal is oatmeal ½-1 hour before bed.
tank u jesus

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 06:56:30 PM »
do not eat carbs at night.

if your bulking, you can eat some protien at night.

id ont give a fuck what anybody says...eating carbs before you SLEEP is stupid as fuck. carbs=energy. and if you dont use that energy...energy=fat storage.   you need ZERO energy to sleep. yes, you body will burn calories while you sleep....but you are in such a relaxed state your body is not going to slip into "survival mode" and start eating muscle for those calories unless you were running a serious calorie deficit that day.

protein= builds muscle.
over night..if you want to be repairing muscle tissue rather than be burning fat calories...eat a small amount of lean red meat....(red meat is preferable because it digests and absorbs slower..the only problem being red meat tends to have a higher content of fat)

d[-_-]b actin all cool

Purge_WTF

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 07:13:48 PM »
no.

Were you born stupid, or did you have to work at it?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »
do not eat carbs at night.

if your bulking, you can eat some protien at night.

id ont give a fuck what anybody says...eating carbs before you SLEEP is stupid as fuck. carbs=energy. and if you dont use that energy...energy=fat storage.   you need ZERO energy to sleep. yes, you body will burn calories while you sleep....but you are in such a relaxed state your body is not going to slip into "survival mode" and start eating muscle for those calories unless you were running a serious calorie deficit that day.

protein= builds muscle.
over night..if you want to be repairing muscle tissue rather than be burning fat calories...eat a small amount of lean red meat....(red meat is preferable because it digests and absorbs slower..the only problem being red meat tends to have a higher content of fat)

massive yawn ::)