Author Topic: Mike Wolfe's Children Charity Christmas Classic Bench meet  (Read 5189 times)

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Mike Wolfe's Children Charity Christmas Classic Bench meet
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »
Hey Guys,

Just wanting to let everyone know the meet is coming up again. It will be held here in Celina Ohio on December 1st 2007. Last year we raised over $600 cash and 2 van loads of toys to be given to the Charity. My goals for this year is break the $1000 mark and get a BUNCH more toys.

This is for a really great cause and the money donations and toys are evenly distributed throughout the county to needy children and families to help them during the Christmas Holidays. Alot of us took it for granted that when we came downstairs on Christmas morning there would be presents under the Christmas tree. Well imagine a little kid coming downstairs and there being none  :'(  We can totally help change this for some unfortunate kids.

Even if you cannot make it and are willing to make a small donation every bit counts. I will except any amount cash or check you can personally mail it to me at:

Mike Wolfe
310 West Market St
Celina Ohio, 45822

Now here is a copy of the entry form if anyone wants paste it off here or just shoot me an email at bigbadwolfe900@yahoo.com

Thanks guys for all your help!!! Wolfy!!!!!

CHILDREN'S CHRISTMAS CLASSIC
TOUCH N' GO BENCHPRESS CONTEST

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1st 2007

Meet Site: Breakaway RecPlex ~ 6301 US Route 127 ~ Celina, Ohio

Start Time: Meet starts at 10am ~ Rules meeting at 9:30 AM

Entry Fee: $30 plus a NEW UNOPENED Toy equal to approx. $20 All toys are to be donated to "O.U.R Home Family Resource Center" to be distributed to families in need during the Christmas Holiday.

Weigh-ins: Friday, November 30th from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Saturday, December 1st from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM

Weight Classes will be 3 Divisions for men:

~ Lightweight class 0 upto 181 pounds
(132's - 148's - 165's - 181's)

~ Middleweight class 182 upto 242 pounds
(198's - 220's - 242's)

~ Heavy Class 243 pounds and up
(275's - 308's - Super's)

~ Female Class ~ decided by Formula
(all Females no matter age or body weight)

~ Master's Class ~ decided by formula
(all men over 40 no matter body weight)

~ Male Teens ~ decided by formula
(13 - 19 no matter weight)

Basic Rules:
Bench Press Shirts of any ply allowed ~ Wrist Wraps and belts are allowed ~ ELBOW WRAPS ARE NOT ALLOWED ~ Singlets are not required but must wear tighter fitting shorts ~ No Bouncing Bar off Chest ~ Must wait for Rack Signal ~ You may lift your Head ~ Your feet must stay in contact with the floor ~ Your Butt must stay in contact with the bench.

Guest Lifters Appearing, but not Competing
To be announced later!!!!

Send all entries to:

Mike Wolfe
Apt 1
310 West Market St
Celina, Ohio 45822

* You may send Cash, Check, or Money Order. Make all Checks and Money Orders Payable to Mike Wolfe *

Please bring the New Unopened Toy with you the Day of the event

* For more info fell free to call:
(419) 584-2393 after 6pm Weekdays
or email: bigbadwolfe900@yahoo.com

Weightclass ~ Men's open:

Lightweight _______

Middleweight _______

Heavyweight _______

Teens _______

Womens _______

Masters _______

By singing this waiver I here by give up and waive all legal rights or actions against Mike Wolfe, Breakaway RecPlex, and any of there helpers including all of the spotters, the loaders, the judges, and anyone else that Mike Wolfe and or Breakaway Recplex have onhand helping with the Children's Christmas Classic Touch n'Go Bench Press Contest held on 12/1/07 in the event that I am hurt, injured, or killed.

signed:________________________ __ dated:____________________

Parent/Guardian if under 18:________________________ ___________

There will only be 50 spots filled so get all entries in by Nov. 18th 2006 Thank You for partaking in this wondrous Event. Mike Wolfe!!!!!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Wolfe's Children Charity Christmas Classic Bench meet
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »

sounds like a good deal.

love the waiver.  ;D

and wonderous is actually spelled "wondrous."  ;D

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »
Wondrous!!!
 Ok I fixed it, Is that better :)

Yeah we had a great turnout last yr and just had a blast, so I'm kind of hoping for a bigger better meet this year.

Wolfy!!   

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:51:42 PM »
Good luck with that Wolfie. You should hit $1k no problem! Its great that you can use your passion for lifting for something more than just getting bigger and stronger. I hope to do the same some day.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:08:04 PM »
Well we are well on our way to hitting over $1000 I just got a anonymous donation of $500 :) He said he is big into helping kids but wanted to remain anonymous. THANK YOU Bro :)

Any one who might be interested in coming  here is a list of local hotels and phone numbers:

Here is the number for some of the area hotels!!!

Holiday Inn Express ~ Celina (419) 586-4919 about 2 miles from meet site nice hotel New about 3 yrs ago

America's Best Value Inn ~ Celina (419) 586-4656 about 1 1/2 miles from meet site

America's Best Value Inn ~ St. Marys (419) 394-2341 about 12 miles from meet site

West Bank Inn ~ Celina (419) 584-3625 just down the street from meet site but might be pricy!!!

Westlake Village Hotel and Condos ~ Celina (419) 584-1444 literally right across the street but might be pricy!!!

Coutryhearth Hotel ~ St.Marys (419) 394-2710 about 12 miles from meet site Nice Hotel new about 6 yrs ago!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
Bump for the kids

power_n_glory

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
Sounds like good stuff.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »
Give us an update, Wolfie. How many are coming so far? Any names we would know?

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 01:50:02 PM »
As far as lifters I already have 3 entries in paid!!! I'm shooting for 40-50 entries. Last year we had 36 and the meet went really well. So we should be good to go with 10-15 more.

As far as name wise I do know for sure that Jay Fry will be there as well as Nick Winters doing exhibition lifts. I had talked with Kara Bohigan/Smith about coming and she said she would but I have yet to confirm it.There will be others there as well from Westside. I'm gonna talk to Lou see if he would just be interested in coming up to hangout and mingle.

As far as the meet itself goes I had a person wishing to remain anonymous mail me a check for $500 yep $500 that is only $100 less then we made last year. Plus so far on board for prizes and gift donations we have:

Westside Barbell
AtLarge Nutrition
House of Pain Ironwear
Get Diesel Nutrition Products
Plus a bunch of other local businesses getting in on the action.

Just about everyone should walk out with something in their hand. Between the prizes for placing and the "lifters only" free raffle drawing everyone has a good chance a something nice.

Wolfy!!!   

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
As far as exhibition lifters, it don't necessarily have to be bench only, you could always fill out with deadlifters: Get two guys competiting w/straps - coin deadlift (the original coin deadlift was at a WSM in the early 80's) it's a deadlift where you start with the plates on top of boxes.

It's basically rack deadlifts.

Just an idea if you're able to lure one or two good pullers into doing exhibition lifts.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 04:34:37 PM »
The coin DL is definately one of my favorites. They would tell you how much money was in there and what it weighed and, if Im not mistaken, the person with the largest lift won the money (at least in a couple comps I've seen on TV). A "feats of strength" exhibition always brings people out. Roll up frying pans, rip phonebooks, or drive nails in a board by hand! Wolfe HAS to be able to do a couple of these things.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 06:08:05 PM »
BUMP!!!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 02:44:52 PM »
Hey Guys here is an update on the meet!!!

We should have well into the 30's got a lot of people planning on showing up the day of. Dont really like that idea but hey I'll take them however I can.

I got a lot of really good shit to give away and making my music playlist today. Anything you guys would like to hear? Gonna be a mix of Heavy Metal, Rock and some Rap. We will be rocking the place that is for sure.

We will be benching on a very very nice Forza bench with a good Texas Power Bar.

There will be plenty of space for the lifters and plenty of seating for lifters and spectators. We will have water and Gatorade on hand for the lifters. Plus we will have a snack bar set up with Water, Soda, Hot Dogs, Sloppy Joes, chips and cookies.

The best lifter in the Mens Open will be decided Formula using the Wilks Formula and it will also be used to determine 1st - 3rd place in the masters, womens, and teens.

We are ready to have a good time and there will be plenty of Westside guys on hand to pick there brains. All of the Westside guys lifitng will be lifting Raw and only a handful are actually competing.

I myself am still up in the air about taking a lift it will be a last minute decision on my part. But here is the list of guys coming in from Westside ~

Mike Wolfe ~ possible guest lift

George Halbert ~ guest lift

Matt Wenning ~ hanging out helping load and spot

Jason Fry ~ guest lift

Marlin Centers ~ competing Raw

Tony Ramos ~ hanging out

John Martinez ~ judging

Bull Blanton ~ competing Raw

Scott Vickery ~ competing Raw

Drex Welch ~ Hanging out

Nick Winters ~ Guest lift

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 06:11:39 AM »
How about getting Chris "Supplement" Mason to do his first DL competition? That would be pretty cool, huh?

Make it happen Wolfe!
As empty as paradise

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »
I can't make it.  I wish I could.  I may do a meet here in VA early next year.
w