Author Topic: IFBB Fitness Olympia 2007 Official Placings  (Read 3181 times)

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
IFBB Fitness Olympia 2007 Official Placings
« on: September 29, 2007, 02:01:51 AM »
Pulled directly off IFBB Pro website...

1. Adela Garcia
2. Kim Klein
3. Jen Hendershott
4. Tanji Johnson
5. Tracey Greenwood
6. Julie Palmer
7. Oksana Grishina
8. Julie Lohre
9. Julie Shipley Childs
10. Mindi O'Brien
11. Stacy Simons
12. Bethany Gainey
13. Regiane DeSilva
14. Angela Monteleone-Semsch
15. Heidi Fletcher
16. Amy Huber
17. Stephanie Worsfold
18. Myriam Capes
19. Rosi Mena

Congrats to all the ladies.  What a fantastic lineup! 
Rick Lohre

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: IFBB Fitness Olympia 2007 Official Placings
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 02:05:46 AM »
Congrats ladies. Some amazing routines and an awesome lineup. There is some great new talent and the veterans brought their A games tonight.
Elevate Your Image.™

Claire Parmley

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 04:51:29 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO MY GIRL, ADELA!!  I know you are so thrilled!   ;D  I am very happy for you!
Congratulations to all the ladies.  I was watching from home on bodybuilding.com.  Everyone's routines were ON!!  Everyone did a great job!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:46:05 AM »
Was that a good spot for Tanja.  Thought she would make a push for 2nd this yr. 
Oh...Monica!

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 07:39:18 AM »
CONGRATS TO ALL THE GIRLS!!! :-*
EVERYONE LOOKED GREAT!! ;D ;D ;D
JULIE LOHRE WILL BE MIXING UP THE TOP 6 NEXT YEAR!!!!  ;)

lOVE YA,
LORIE

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 08:41:26 AM »
Was that a good spot for Tanja.  Thought she would make a push for 2nd this yr. 
Yes. Tanji has great routines but I wouldn't place her as high as she does in the physique rounds. It was her best showing of the year for her physique. Her physique is missing some things to place her as high as she does, in my opinion.

There were a few unhappy campers last night who thought they should have bene higher. Next year some things will shake up in the top 6. Julie and Oksana are nipping on the heels of those top 6 women.

Elevate Your Image.™

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »
I am soooooo proud of my girl Julie!  She really made a great O debut....cracking the top 10 with an 8th place finish!  Holy Cow!

Great job by all of the ladies.  You all have a huge accomplishment of making it onto the Olympia Stage!

Chica!  Well what else can I say!  You kick @ss!  Congrats girl!

Rick

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »
Rick, tell Julie congratulations for me...she did awesome.  I was up late here on the east coast watching all of the routines (despite having to be at work at 7:30am this morning, lol), and Julie's routine was excellent!  Great things to come for her in the next year or so.  Is she doing the West Palm?

Congrats to all of the ladies.  What a huge accomplishment to even make it to that level.  Everyone should be so proud of themselves, and now go enjoy some yummy FOOD  ;D

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »
Thanks, I'm so proud of her!
Yup, Julie will be in West Palm Beach for sure!!!!  Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Rick

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »
Congrats to all, everyone looked great per usual, and special congrats to our mod Adela for the win, and Julie Lohre for her 10 finish in her Olympia debut.....

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 03:16:47 AM »
Yes. Tanji has great routines but I wouldn't place her as high as she does in the physique rounds. It was her best showing of the year for her physique. Her physique is missing some things to place her as high as she does, in my opinion.

There were a few unhappy campers last night who thought they should have bene higher. Next year some things will shake up in the top 6. Julie and Oksana are nipping on the heels of those top 6 women.

Thanks.  Just like all the xtra stuff the woman does to promote fitness. 
Oh...Monica!

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 10:54:34 PM »

I don't agree, I think Tanji should have placed at least 3rd.  Her routines are very strong...she's one of the few that actually hits all the elements a fitness routine should have, and her physique is totally up there with the top girls.  Tiny waist, great symetry, shape, stage presence is def one of the best by far, conditioning can be a little tighter, but that's about it.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »
I don't agree, I think Tanji should have placed at least 3rd.  Her routines are very strong...she's one of the few that actually hits all the elements a fitness routine should have, and her physique is totally up there with the top girls.  Tiny waist, great symetry, shape, stage presence is def one of the best by far, conditioning can be a little tighter, but that's about it.
I agree her routines rock. Her physique is good but not complete in my opinion. She's one of the top in the biz tough no doubt.
Elevate Your Image.™

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »
I agree her routines rock. Her physique is good but not complete in my opinion. She's one of the top in the biz tough no doubt.

Curious....what do you think she's missing?? I look at all these girls year round and often see people play favorites b/c they like 1 thing.  For example...b/c someone comes in ripped to shreds, they think that person should place higher...even though they are lacking in other areas....so let's be specific and actually name the reasons why you think her physique isn't complete.

Not picking on you....but just honestly curious to see how you're basing your criteria.

Another example is Jen Hen......great entertainer, but her routine was all fluff, too much dance, that should have knocked her out of the top 3 spots in my opinion, and not a great fan of her overall shape, even though her conditioning is very good.

Adela rocks....right now, she has the complete package, best physique, and best routines....she's another one of the few that hits all the criteria equally, but I would like to see a new routine from her.......

Danggggg I just went on a rampage

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »
I'm with Mike Davies on this (in his post Olympia interview), Tanji is great but she comes in with less conditioning so her body tends to be more full and less ripped.  As he said, overall she tends to look somewhat different than the others who place in the top six.  I would guess that being more ripped in fitness (lower body fat, stripped out water) would make it even more challenging to get through the routine, so you really have to give extra respect to the fitness athletes who come in shredded to the core.  Like Julie Palmer this year, who was at her best level of conditioning ever (imo).

Curious....what do you think she's missing?? I look at all these girls year round and often see people play favorites b/c they like 1 thing.  For example...b/c someone comes in ripped to shreds, they think that person should place higher...even though they are lacking in other areas....so let's be specific and actually name the reasons why you think her physique isn't complete.

Not picking on you....but just honestly curious to see how you're basing your criteria.

Another example is Jen Hen......great entertainer, but her routine was all fluff, too much dance, that should have knocked her out of the top 3 spots in my opinion, and not a great fan of her overall shape, even though her conditioning is very good.

Adela rocks....right now, she has the complete package, best physique, and best routines....she's another one of the few that hits all the criteria equally, but I would like to see a new routine from her.......

Danggggg I just went on a rampage

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 01:07:36 PM »
I'm with Mike Davies on this (in his post Olympia interview), Tanji is great but she comes in with less conditioning so her body tends to be more full and less ripped.  As he said, overall she tends to look somewhat different than the others who place in the top six.  I would guess that being more ripped in fitness (lower body fat, stripped out water) would make it even more challenging to get through the routine, so you really have to give extra respect to the fitness athletes who come in shredded to the core.  Like Julie Palmer this year, who was at her best level of conditioning ever (imo).

I would absolutely agree with that if the routines of these "shredded" competitors were packed with difficult movements, and not just flips and and fluff dance.

kszep

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »
I would absolutely agree with that if the routines of these "shredded" competitors were packed with difficult movements, and not just flips and and fluff dance.

I totally agree.  I could only give more respect to the "super shredded" girls if their routines were equally as superior as their physiques.  This is not always (and imo, not usually) the case.  The ultimate respect should be given to the athlete who's physique and routine exceed those of their competitors.  Also, how does the most shredded physique necessarilly equal the best physique?  Is the definition of "fitness" to be so ripped and dehydrated that your routines suffer?  Should they be "respected"? ???

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »
Who are you talking about "Super shredded" and routines not matching?

Adela, Tracey and Jenny were all in great conditioning - those three probably the best conditioned and had solid routines. I don't get the arguement trying to be presented here.

Elevate Your Image.™

kszep

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »
oops, should have clarified.  Still getting used to pulling quotes up.  Failed to pull up the quote I wanted to....

I am not necessarilly referring to those competitors, I was referring to the quote below

I would guess that being more ripped in fitness (lower body fat, stripped out water) would make it even more challenging to get through the routine, so you really have to give extra respect to the fitness athletes who come in shredded to the core. 

That was the quote my previous post was mostly referring to.  Obviously Jen and Adela are ripped and have great routines.  This does not apply to many other placings.  I don't see alot of great physiques combined with equally great routines.  Also, again, the notion that a "great physique" are the most shredded and therefore should be most "respected" is a concept I don't necessarilly agree with (as per the quote above)

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »
Who are you talking about "Super shredded" and routines not matching?

Adela, Tracey and Jenny were all in great conditioning - those three probably the best conditioned and had solid routines. I don't get the arguement trying to be presented here.

Jen's routines are all dance nowadays....maybe a tuck and a toe touch here and there oh and she did ONE press hold...would hardly qualify that as a top routine....even though it was funny as hell!