Author Topic: Who do you feel deserves at least ONE major title before retiring? *UPDATED*  (Read 5968 times)

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
Everyone (including me) have said that this person should be higher or should have won and this person doesn't deserve to win or place that high about more than one competitor. However, I'm curious as to seeing who do you think should have at ast ONE major championship in their career before hanging it up for good? By major, I mean the following: Fitness Olympia, Fitness International, Figure Olympia, Figure International. I know they (unfortunately) won't all get this honor, but I hope this thread will lead to some interesting results. One day we can all look back and say, "I called it!" or "I knew she could do it!" I'll start off..

Fitness
Kim Klein*
Julie Childs
Julie Lohre
Oksana Grishina
Tanji Johnson
Tracey Greenwood
Heidi Fletcher
Mindi O'Brien
Angela Semsch

Figure
Valerie Waugaman
Christine Pomponio-Pate (if she decides to return to competiton after her baby is born)
Gina Aliotti*
Jennifer Gates
Juliana Malacarne
Latisha Wilder
Jane Awad

There are others, but those are the ones I thought of off the top of my head. They are also the ones I root for the most anyways. Can't wait to hear what you picks!  ;D

*won Fitness/Figure International
**won Fitness/Figure Olympia

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
Re: Who do you feel deserves at least ONE major title before retiring?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
Simple - Whoever "brings it" the day of the show - that could be any of them that you named or one you didn't. 
I don't think you can say anyone "deserves" anything unless they "bring" it to the stage on the day of the "big dance".

Rick

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 04:43:56 PM »
Great, now that we've got that out of the way....
JULIE LOHRE! 
LOL ;)
Rick

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:31:12 PM »
Great comments, Rick!  :D You're absolutely right about that. Usually, though 9 times out of 10, when they're at the big dance, they usually (I'm using that words loosely here) bring it. They're human, I think...HAHA! I put in a funny! ;D But seriously, they will have an off-day or an off-year when things just don't seemed to go right. That happens to all of us. It just my opionion, though. But Rick, you did make a great point about who ever brings it that day should take the title, big dance or not. ;)

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 02:48:35 AM »
Fitness

Julie Lohre ;)
Stacy Simmons****** She has rarely got the props she deserves for being the most amazingly sexy mama on the fitness stage.      :o She should do more of her hot dancing and some strategic theatrics. It works for Juliana.

Figure

Monica Brant
Amber Littlejohn

Two of the best women in figure and each have not had a major title in figure. Such a shame.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:31:24 AM »
Fitness: Julie Lohre, Stacey Simons

Figure: It will never happen I think, but Monica.

princy44

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:17 AM »
Latisha Wilder....she hasn't even won a smaller show yet and I think that is so surprising....I just love her look on stage.

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »
It will NEVER happen you are right, but I do agree Mo should have won ONE Figure Olympia OR Arnold??
M

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:43:51 PM »
Julie Childs.  Her and her husband are super nice people.  Ever since I met her I've been a fan.  Super nice people and talented.

fitfan007

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »
Fitness: Tanji Johnson
Figure: Monica Brant...come on just give her one!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 01:32:32 PM »
Gotta go with Mo on at least one Arnold title.

Elevate Your Image.™

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »
Figure
Amber Littlejohn
Valerie Waughaman
and of course Monica!!!

Fitness
Not sure, maybe Klein for the O?

fitmomy

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »
Monica Brant, Valerie Waughaman, Latisha Wilder,tara scotti and Tanji Johnson

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
Tanji.

JustaFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »
There are only 2 major titles to have in Figure and fitness.  The Olympia and Arnold.

I have been to 1 Olympia where Monica clearly won, another where it was a toss up with her and Davana.  And She clearly won 2 Arnolds.  She gets no love from the judges unfortunately.

Amber has a great physique, but not in Monica's league MB.  I have seen some shows where Amber gets placings she shouldnt deserve.  Meaning they placed her higher then she should have been.   Monica is the opposite.  Not flaming Amber,  but relax with comparing her to Monica. 
I agree with L Wilder.  She should have won a smaller show by now. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 12:02:39 PM »
Autumn Raby
!

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 02:26:02 AM »
There are only 2 major titles to have in Figure and fitness.  The Olympia and Arnold.

I have been to 1 Olympia where Monica clearly won, another where it was a toss up with her and Davana.  And She clearly won 2 Arnolds.  She gets no love from the judges unfortunately.

Amber has a great physique, but not in Monica's league MB.  I have seen some shows where Amber gets placings she shouldnt deserve.  Meaning they placed her higher then she should have been.   Monica is the opposite.  Not flaming Amber,  but relax with comparing her to Monica. 
I agree with L Wilder.  She should have won a smaller show by now. 

I'll keep that in mind the next time the tread reads "Who do you think 'Just a Fan' would like to see win a major title." In the mean time in the last two major shows that both Amber and Monica have competed Amber has placed higher than Monica. Maybe it's the judges you should be tellin' to relax when comparing these two incredibly beautiful women.

JustaFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 07:05:48 AM »
  I'll keep that in mind the next time the tread reads "Who do you think 'Just a Fan' would like to see win a major title."

;D At least I like your witty sense of humor.

In the mean time in the last two major shows that both Amber and Monica have competed Amber has placed higher than Monica.   

Exactly my point on why I said poor Monica gets the shaft when she competes.  If you poled the entire fitness community on weather Amber should have placed ahead of Monica, it would be a very obvious  NO.

Maybe it's the judges you should be tellin' to relax when comparing these two incredibly beautiful women. 

I have told at least 3 judges to their face that they f**k poor Monica at every show.  Not in a hostile way, more of a friendly " you guys are wrong, with what you do to that poor girl " kind of way.  They just laugh it off.  IFBB judges don't give a s**t.  In fact they actually like to read about the controversy on the boards.  Because there are several judges on the panel at each show, they have the excuse if they want to say they actually had Monica higher.

For the record, I am not a huge fan of Monica anymore.  I think its time she should hang it up.  But I do think we should hold judges accountable for the way they place girls in contests.  It's just not right that certain girls who have a connection to the industry place higher.

Malibu, are you telling me you don't at least agree with that?
Even if we agree to disagree on things, please tell me you don't believe that there are no politics in the game.

StrongFox

• Getbig II
  • Live, Love & Laugh
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
Hi. In figure, I'd like to see Latisha Wilder and Chastity Slone.  In fitness, wow, I like Julie Palmer, Julie Lohre and Amy Nelson. ;D

AllisonEthier

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
Monica already has a fitness olympia title.
Kim Klien has the fitness international title.
I really enjoy Julie Shipley-Childs.  I think she gets overlooked.  Mindi O'Brien too. The girl is in stellar condition and her routines are fierce!

I would like to be added to this list, but oops.....I have to get my pro card first.  Soon though...soon, I am coming over!    8)

A.

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »
I really enjoy Julie Shipley-Childs.  I think she gets overlooked.  Mindi O'Brien too. The girl is in stellar condition and her routines are fierce!

I would like to be added to this list, but oops.....I have to get my pro card first.  Soon though...soon, I am coming over!    8)

A.

YAY!  ;D Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Julie deserves some love in the IFBB. She's one of the best all-around fitness stars out there...at least I think so. Mindi, too. I wish she placed higher that what she does at times.

Speaking of you, Allison, as soon as you get your pro card, you can be added to the list!  ;)