Author Topic: Yum, 1 cup Fat free cottage cheese before bed..  (Read 2119 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Yum, 1 cup Fat free cottage cheese before bed..
« on: October 15, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »
30 g protein and 180 calories...you realize how 1 cup is hardly anything compared to the portions normal people eat everyday...I started measuring everything....

I need to get to 200 by end of december..Im 235  right now..

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Yum, 1 cup Fat free cottage cheese before bed..
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:50:26 PM »
cottage cheese was tasty for about 6 months...

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:47:03 PM »
id never had cottage cheese till like a year ago. I tried it and it was nasty, but i kept eating. every day. Then after a few weeks i started to like it :p

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »
id never had cottage cheese till like a year ago. I tried it and it was nasty, but i kept eating. every day. Then after a few weeks i started to like it :p

In fact in meatin some right now.

Markoni

• Getbig II
  • trueprotein discount code MOU110
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 10:38:09 PM »
I dont like taste of cottage cheese ,  I'm taking 1lb of cottage cheese 2hours before going to bed

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 07:53:58 AM »
In my view, the low fat (5g of fat in 1 cup) may be preferable to the no fat as a pre-bed source, because the fat will slow the digestion of the protein (in fact, I often add a tablespoon of walnut oil to it for this express purpose).

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:31:12 AM »
In my view, the low fat (5g of fat in 1 cup) may be preferable to the no fat as a pre-bed source, because the fat will slow the digestion of the protein (in fact, I often add a tablespoon of walnut oil to it for this express purpose).

I agree, I use 2% milk fat. Seems to be working. Lost 3% BF/15 pounds last month after starting this.
gotta love life

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:53 AM »
unless your bulking i dont think you should have any calories before bed... your bodies need for energy is so low that it isnt going to eat muscle for energy no matter what. its much to low of an intense need for calories.

i think the best thing to do would be to take in some l glutamine, or some bcaas right before bed.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 10:36:20 AM »
unless your bulking i dont think you should have any calories before bed... your bodies need for energy is so low that it isnt going to eat muscle for energy no matter what. its much to low of an intense need for calories.

I disagree.  Night time catabolism is fairly well documented your body still requires protein to maintain muscle mass at night and repair tissue.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »

for you guys who are eating cottage cheese, try mixing half a serving of a low calorie yogurt in with it. Yoplay makes a good 100 calorie yogurt. i make it for breakfast or desert.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »
I eat a whole tub of it every morning.. LOVE the stuff, I alternate EOD with eggs.. so one day I'll have a tub of cottage cheese, next day I'll have 8 eggs.. back and forth.

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

i think the best thing to do would be to take in some l glutamine, or some bcaas right before bed.
Having protein before bed is a great idea, your body definatly needs it for muscle repair no matter what time of day it is. I have a 700 calorie shake before I go to bed.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 03:42:21 PM »
Don`t have to add extra fat to it as casein digests slowly.