Author Topic: Milk!!  (Read 12207 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Milk!!
« on: October 19, 2007, 11:16:52 AM »
This brings me to the topic of drinking milk.  The dairy industry has done a great job in brainwashing the public that we need milk in our diets, they will blab on about calcium and strong bones.....its a bunch of BS, adults do not need milk.  Calcium can come from other sources, instead of that puss filled, sugary, bloating milk.  Stop drinking that stuff and you will feel better overall.

I don't drink milk, it kind of gives me the heebie jeebies, but do you forgo all milk products - cheese, yogurt, icecream?

I have been using almond milk on my Ezekiel cereal and in my iced coffee.  It is pretty good!  They have an unsweetened version that I get.  Original, Vanilla, & Chocolate

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Milk!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:30:40 AM »

I got a stickie!!    ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:42:32 AM »
I got a stickie!!    ;D

hahaha It wasn't me, but your milk stickie replaced Sally McNeil!    :D

MILK.... :P

I don't think that it's necessary to TOTALLY eliminate from your diet unless you are contest prepping and going really really strict, but keep in mind that Lactose is a SUGAR any way you look at it.  Your body will treat it like a sugar.  So it's not gonna work well for you in high doses if you are trying to diet.  Cheese, yogurt, and ice cream should definitely be eliminated from a diet, not just cuz of the milk, but also the fat. 

Stick with skim milk if you can hack it, and minimize the milk intake in general.  Don't drink your cereal leftovers!   :D
I use a splash of skim in my coffee, and TBH, I used it in my iced coffee a couple of times a day up until a week out from my last competition.  I just refused to give it up, but it was really just a splash, enough to barely make the coffee not black.  I didn't feel that it made any difference at all in my contest prep.

Almond milk sounds interesting, I have never tried it before!  At least almond is a considered a "good fat" so it's definitely better than milkfat.
I would avoid soy milk...there are alot of theories about soy and a long-standing debate about whether or not soy increases estrogen production (I think)...I will try to dig up some more info on this.
:)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
yeah, I limit myself to just one sticky so I had to replace it

wanted to get some vibes on this, since my Mom's sister was very lactose intolerant

X

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:51:28 AM »

I would avoid soy milk...there are alot of theories about soy and a long-standing debate about whether or not soy increases estrogen production (I think)...I will try to dig up some more info on this.

Please do so. I bought a carton of soy milk last Saturday just to try before I die, but I'm not looking for an increased estrogen level. So I'm gonna keep this in the frig and wait for whatever you dig up on it, before I eventually drink it and become a metro-sexual man.   :-\    ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »
Please do so. I bought a carton of soy milk last Saturday just to try before I die, but I'm not looking for an increased estrogen level. So I'm gonna keep this in the frig and wait for whatever you dig up on it, before I eventually drink it and become a metro-sexual man.   :-\    ;D

This is from a Worldnet Daily Commentary "Soy is Making Kids Gay"    ;D

I think this guy takes it a bit to the extreme LOL.  I don't believe that the scientific evidence is conclusive, and if there is an effect, it seems to be more on babies and children than adults.  So if you're all grown up freespirit, I don't think you will go "metro" from a carton of soy milk... :D

I have nothing against an occasional soy snack. Soy is nutritious and contains lots of good things. Unfortunately, when you eat or drink a lot of soy stuff, you're also getting substantial quantities of estrogens.

Estrogens are female hormones. If you're a woman, you're flooding your system with a substance it can't handle in surplus. If you're a man, you're suppressing your masculinity and stimulating your "female side," physically and mentally.

In fetal development, the default is being female. All humans (even in old age) tend toward femininity. The main thing that keeps men from diverging into the female pattern is testosterone, and testosterone is suppressed by an excess of estrogen.

If you're a grownup, you're already developed, and you're able to fight off some of the damaging effects of soy. Babies aren't so fortunate. Research is now showing that when you feed your baby soy formula, you're giving him or her the equivalent of five birth control pills a day. A baby's endocrine system just can't cope with that kind of massive assault, so some damage is inevitable. At the extreme, the damage can be fatal.

Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality. That's why most of the medical (not socio-spiritual) blame for today's rise in homosexuality must fall upon the rise in soy formula and other soy products. (Most babies are bottle-fed during some part of their infancy, and one-fourth of them are getting soy milk!) Homosexuals often argue that their homosexuality is inborn because "I can't remember a time when I wasn't homosexual." No, homosexuality is always deviant. But now many of them can truthfully say that they can't remember a time when excess estrogen wasn't influencing them.

Doctors used to hope soy would reduce hot flashes, prevent cancer and heart disease, and save millions in the Third World from starvation. That was before they knew much about long-term soy use. Now we know it's a classic example of a cure that's worse than the disease. For example, if your baby gets colic from cow's milk, do you switch him to soy milk? Don't even think about it. His phytoestrogen level will jump to 20 times normal. If he is a she, brace yourself for watching her reach menarche as young as seven, robbing her of years of childhood. If he is a boy, it's far worse: He may not reach puberty till much later than normal.

Research in 2000 showed that a soy-based diet at any age can lead to a weak thyroid, which commonly produces heart problems and excess fat. Could this explain the dramatic increase in obesity today?

Recent research on rats shows testicular atrophy, infertility and uterus hypertrophy (enlargement). This helps explain the infertility epidemic and the sudden growth in fertility clinics. But alas, by the time a soy-damaged infant has grown to adulthood and wants to marry, it's too late to get fixed by a fertility clinic.

Worse, there's now scientific evidence that estrogen ingredients in soy products may be boosting the rapidly rising incidence of leukemia in children. In the latest year we have numbers for, new cases in the U.S. jumped 27 percent. In one year!

There's also a serious connection between soy and cancer in adults – especially breast cancer. That's why the governments of Israel, the UK, France and New Zealand are already cracking down hard on soy.

In sad contrast, 60 percent of the refined foods in U.S. supermarkets now contain soy. Worse, soy use may double in the next few years because (last I heard) the out-of-touch medicrats in the FDA hierarchy are considering allowing manufacturers of cereal, energy bars, fake milk, fake yogurt, etc., to claim that "soy prevents cancer." It doesn't.

P.S.: Soy sauce is fine. Unlike soy milk, it's perfectly safe because it's fermented, which changes its molecular structure. Miso, natto and tempeh are also OK, but avoid tofu.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:45:23 PM »

Should Men Worry?
If you’re like me, you’ve probably heard the rumors about soy… That it can make men infertile or that it has a feminizing effect. You might be thinking twice about the amount of soy you’re eating, or possibly wondering whether you should drink soymilk at all!

Well, you can stop worrying. While the soy debate rages on, the important facts have been verified. The short story is, no, soy doesn’t have any kind of feminizing effect on men – although experts recommend eating whole soy foods, such as tofu and soymilk, rather than extracts and isolated proteins. The Asian countries where whole soyfoods are consumed regularly don't seem to be having population problems!

Here's one study result cited by Clare M. Hasler, Ph. D.:

In a recent study looking at soy's affect on reproductive health in healthy males, men given 40 mg of soy isoflavones daily for 2 months (there are 20 mg of isoflavones in 1 cup of soy milk; 38 mg in 1/2 cup of tofu), there were no effects on serum sex hormones, testicular volume, or semen quality. This was deemed the first study to examine the effects of a phytoestrogen supplement on reproductive health in males. (Mitchell et al., Clinical Science 100(6):613-618, 2001 June)

We'll move on to a Q&A from health expert Virginia Messina:

Q: As an almost vegan, I consume a lot of soy. As a 21-year-old guy, I was wondering if the estrogen in soy that is so good for women might be doing weird abnormal stuff to me like reducing my testosterone levels. If so, how bad is this? Should I be consuming less soymilk and tofu?

A: Soybeans contain plant forms of estrogen called phytoestrogens (the chemical name is isoflavones). Phytoestrogens have very weak estrogen-like activity but can also act like antiestrogens, reducing the effects of naturally-produced estrogen. This is one reason that soy might possibly be protective against the development of some types of breast cancer which are stimulated by estrogen.

There is no evidence that men who eat moderate amounts of soy experience any feminizing effects, which is what I am guessing you are concerned about. Certainly we don’t see these effects in cultures where daily consumption of soy is common.

There is some evidence that vegetarian men have somewhat lower blood testosterone levels than omnivore men. There are several possible explanations for this. Soy consumption could certainly be one of them but the evidence for this is not very clear. The higher fiber intake of vegetarians could also affect testosterone levels. Also dietary fat and obesity increase testosterone levels and vegetarians tend to eat less fat and be slimmer.

But before you bolt for dinner at the nearest steakhouse, let’s put this into perspective. There is no evidence that vegetarian men have testosterone levels that are too low. There is a range of what is normal and as long as you are in that range, there is no advantage to being at the higher end of the range. In fact, being at the lower end of the normal range could have benefits. For example, lower testosterone levels are associated with reduced risk for prostate cancer in some studies. And, not surprisingly, there is evidence that consuming soy reduces risk for prostate cancer. This compares to the situation in women. Evidence suggests that vegetarian women have lower estrogen levels–perhaps for the same reasons noted above for testosterone. And this might help to protect against breast cancer.

Because the average American is a meat-eater, we have a tendency to base our ideas of what is normal or optimal based on what occurs in meat-eaters. Of course, we know that for many things this is not true. For example, "normal" cholesterol levels–the levels typically seen in meat eaters–are too high for good health. The situation for testosterone may be similar. Judging these levels based on those that occur in people eating an unhealthy diet doesn’t make sense.

Now we know that soy’s phytoestrogen content isn’t going to be a problem – it may even be healthy. According to an FDA scientific review, soy does not interfere with childhood growth, does not cause pancreatic or breast cancer, does not significantly interfere with mineral absorption as long as dietary consumption is adequate, does not induce early puberty, and does not interfere with fertility. There is even some evidence that eating soyfoods can enhance fertility in men. One of the isoflavones in soy may be used to treat male sterility because of its positive hormonal effect on normal sperm production.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 12:47:24 PM »
I see a lot of people use cottage cheese in their diets? 

(and I had to toss ice cream in there so STella goes nuts!!  ;D )

I would never drink soy, but as a baby I was allergic to milk and was put on soy formula  :-\

Go almond milk!!  (if they could make an almond milk icecream that would be great!!)
  :D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
I see a lot of people use cottage cheese in their diets? 

(and I had to toss ice cream in there so STella goes nuts!!  ;D )

I would never drink soy, but as a baby I was allergic to milk and was put on soy formula  :-\

Go almond milk!!  (if they could make an almond milk icecream that would be great!!)
  :D

MMMMMmmmmmm almond milk ice cream...now you are on to something!!

For those who can stand it, cottage cheese is an OK option for a "normal" diet.  Like I said, you don't have to totally eliminate dairy if you are just dieting like a normal person and/or counting calories, although it's best to minimize it. 

The benefit to cottage cheese is that it's a fast, easy source of protein.  However, you should definitely minimize the milkfat and go with the 1% or fat free (YUCK).  It's a better option than yogurt b/c all the flavored yogurts contain more sugars.  For strict diets and contest prep, I would avoid cottage cheese as well.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »

I don't drink milk, it kind of gives me the heebie jeebies, but do you forgo all milk products - cheese, yogurt, icecream?

I have been using almond milk on my Ezekiel cereal and in my iced coffee.  It is pretty good!  They have an unsweetened version that I get.  Original, Vanilla, & Chocolate

I will have some occasional cheese, love it on my burgers.  Milk is nasty and disgusting.  its not a great source of protein.  The puss and blood part is the worst.  it is also high in IGF-1 a growth hormone, that is linked to accelerating cancer, the incidence of breast cancer in women is higher in the dairy drinking group.  No more yogurt for me either.

Plus the nasty, cruel farming of milk makes me hate it more.  Man one day i see myself going vegetarian, for the moral issues.  I get tons of animal rights mailings and some of the stuff in there makes me so sick!!  From the dogs to the veal calfs to the chickens to the cattle to the circus animals to the milk cows to the monkeys .......it goes on and on.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »
RIP- the other benefit of almond milk is it has a much much longer expiration date even after you open it.  If you only use a little, I put a splash in my coffee and just enough on my cereal so that it is all wet, you are probably tossing a lot of milk out.  I have been using the unsweetened chocolate in my iced coffee this week!

I will have some occasional cheese, love it on my burgers.  Milk is nasty and disgusting.  its not a great source of protein.  The puss and blood part is the worst.  it is also high in IGF-1 a growth hormone, that is linked to accelerating cancer, the incidence of breast cancer in women is higher in the dairy drinking group.  No more yogurt for me either.

Plus the nasty, cruel farming of milk makes me hate it more.  Man one day i see myself going vegetarian, for the moral issues.  I get tons of animal rights mailings and some of the stuff in there makes me so sick!!  From the dogs to the veal calfs to the chickens to the cattle to the circus animals to the milk cows to the monkeys .......it goes on and on.

I do like my yogurt, I was getting the Light n Lively no sugar added with Splenda.  I haven't had any for a couple of week though.

I hear ya on the vegetarian thing.  I have contemplated that a number of times myself.  Stuff like veal is just unnecessary IMO.  No reason to intentionally be cruel to animals, food or not.
  :-\

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 04:23:48 PM »

I don't drink milk, it kind of gives me the heebie jeebies, 

Why would "small globules of fat suspended in a watery liquid" give you the heebie jeebies?   

:P :P :P

R

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »

for a minute there.............. damn, no boobs  :-\

oh and yessssss i like milk....... boobs too  ;D
are you delusional?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 05:43:34 PM »
Why would "small globules of fat suspended in a watery liquid" give you the heebie jeebies?   

:P :P :P

Where's the vomit smiley when I need it?

:P

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 08:42:27 PM »

I hear ya on the vegetarian thing.  I have contemplated that a number of times myself.  Stuff like veal is just unnecessary IMO.  No reason to intentionally be cruel to animals, food or not. [/color]  :-\

Sorry but just today these guys sent me a mailing and have to admit it made me very upset.  Man to look in the eyes and faces of these poor guys tears my heart out.  Say no to veal.  I know Im getting off topic but it is a real shame.  They keep them in little crates their whole lives so the meat stays tender, they never get to walk or run around.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »
OK now this thread is getting depressing... :-\

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 08:34:17 AM »
OK now this thread is getting depressing... :-\

Yeah sorry, its just that milk made me think of cows/calfs and not to mentions my hormones are goofy so Im emotionaly unstable right now LOL.

Here is a better thought nice big glass of cold milk and some chocolate chip cookies......uuummm!

w8m8

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 01:13:48 PM »
I know this is old but I'm perplexed  :-[

I have used soymilk for a long time , I'm lactose intolerant .

I looked in the three grocery stores for almond milk , no luck .

Is soy bad or not ?
I haven't gotten cleared up by these articles and lots of sites say soy is good  ???

help ?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »

Is soy bad or not ?
I haven't gotten cleared up by these articles and lots of sites say soy is good  ???

help ?

It's a bit unclear, but IMO, it's okay for you unless you are a baby, toddler, pregnant, or a female in contest prep mode.  I only say the latter because I think it is fairly well documented that soy affects estrogen production, so I wouldn't consume it during contest prep.

If you are lactose intolerant, have you tried the Lactaid milk?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 01:51:02 PM »

Is soy bad or not ?

help ?

I would say just forget about milk it is unnecessary.  Too sugary but if you want nice thick baloney type skin it is perfect.  :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »

It's usually in the same section as the soy milk.  I'm not sure why they even call it "milk"  :-\ cuz it's essentially flavored water.

:

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »

It's usually in the same section as the soy milk.  I'm not sure why they even call it "milk"  :-\ cuz it's essentially flavored water.

It sounds good...flower makes it sound really good in coffee.  Do you like it? 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »
I will have some occasional cheese, love it on my burgers.  Milk is nasty and disgusting.  its not a great source of protein.  The puss and blood part is the worst.   it is also high in IGF-1 a growth hormone, that is linked to accelerating cancer, the incidence of breast cancer in women is higher in the dairy drinking group.  No more yogurt for me either.

PUSS AND BLOOD!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!?!?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »

PUSS AND BLOOD!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!??!?!?

http://www.milksucks.com/pus.asp

Theres blood in there too

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 04:03:47 AM »
 :-\