Author Topic: daughter wants to do teen fitnesss  (Read 2089 times)

az

• Getbig III
daughter wants to do teen fitnesss
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:42:26 AM »
...daughter is 15, gymnast/cheer/track. From hanging out with bb mom (me) she has the bug to compete. where do we start?

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: daughter wants to do teen fitnesss
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 06:36:56 AM »
I think thats great! Start by picking what teen competition she will be doing.
Then she needs to put togeather a routine. Which should be pretty easy given her back ground. I have helped JR & Teen fitness girls in the passed. E-mail me if your interested in choreography. gymsis@aol.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:00:42 AM »
Definitely encourage her to do a show with Jr. Fitness. Carla Sanchez has a great show every year that fosters this type of competition. I know Chad/Kim are including it in their Arkansas Pro Fitness/State show and a few other promoters are looking to include it into their shows next year.

Coverage of this year's Carla Sanchez fitness Fiesta: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2007npcfiesta_main.htm

Elevate Your Image.™

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
thanks sooo much for the info!!!

mbfit1

• Pros
  • Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »
Hi, I also promote a teen fitness and figure competition, it is called the Maria Bellando Southern States Fitness & Figure Competition, it is going to be held either the first or second week  in July next year and is in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.  If you need any other info just email me at mbfit1@bellsouth.net.  You can check out my website www.npcsouthernstates.co m.

Good luck,

Maria Bellando

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 03:03:50 PM »
thanks again, she is getting very excited!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 11:34:16 PM »
...daughter is 15, gymnast/cheer/track. From hanging out with bb mom (me) she has the bug to compete. where do we start?

Discourage her, and get her into track and field instead.

Or either some type of Martial Art or multisporting.

That will give her solid foundation, if she ever decides to give fitness a shot.

But way too much drugs in female fitness today.

With a solid background in sports, she may avoid getting involved in that stuff.
As empty as paradise

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
Discourage her, and get her into track and field instead.

Or either some type of Martial Art or multisporting.

That will give her solid foundation, if she ever decides to give fitness a shot.

But way too much drugs in female fitness today.

With a solid background in sports, she may avoid getting involved in that stuff.

she has been in gymnastics for 10 years, tack for 3 jsut started cheer. Has done martial arts and hated it. I don't push her to do anything I support her in the decisions that she makes. I'm quite aware of the drug use/abuse in the sport and I don't advocate for her...but thanks for your opinion hedge.