Author Topic: 2007 IFBB Figure Rankings  (Read 3727 times)

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
2007 IFBB Figure Rankings
« on: November 05, 2007, 10:07:40 AM »
See link below for detailed points based 2007 IFBB Figure Rankings....

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2007/11/04/2006-7-ifbb-figure-rankings/

mbell

• Getbig IV
Re: 2007 IFBB Figure Rankings
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »
Screw the rankings....who's the highest PAID IFBB Figure Pro ???

M

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »
Funny!  Good question.  While it's just speculation, I'd have to guess Monica or Jenny.
Rick

JustaFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 01:52:44 PM »
I would love to see the ranking for 2005 and 2006.
Who could take the time to do that?
Rick?

JustaFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:58:32 PM »
Screw the rankings....who's the highest PAID IFBB Figure Pro ???

There all poor.  Even the highest paid competitor, with all her endorsements is not doing well.  Maybe well for the industry, but not well enough to make a living.  Even Monica, who is the #1 girl in the entire sport, is doing just ok.  And her shelf-life is clearly almost over.
Not bashing, just telling it like it is.

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 02:33:31 PM »
There all poor.  Even the highest paid competitor, with all her endorsements is not doing well.  Maybe well for the industry, but not well enough to make a living.  Even Monica, who is the #1 girl in the entire sport, is doing just ok.  And her shelf-life is clearly almost over.
Not bashing, just telling it like it is.

Well I take it you know Mo personally to know her financial situation?? From what I have seen of her property in TX she seems to be doing a little better than ok :-\
M

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »
I would love to see the ranking for 2005 and 2006.
Who could take the time to do that?
Rick?

Thanks to Conor @ www.FitSights.com for previous years rankings....
Rick

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 07:22:31 PM »
And another....

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
And another...

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 09:09:23 PM »
thnx

nice to see some friends on there

JustaFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 09:33:20 AM »
Well I take it you know Mo personally to know her financial situation?? From what I have seen of her property in TX she seems to be doing a little better than ok :-\

Another fan that misses the point.   ::)
Actually, I do know her.  And you are correct, she is doing decent.  My point was, she is number 1 in the world ( arguably ) and she is doing ok.  My point is,  these figure girls are considered the top girls in the top fitness and figure organization in the world ( IFBB ) , and only 1 of them is making a decent living from the fitness industry.
Are there any other girls doing very good ?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 10:03:44 AM »
Another fan that misses the point.   ::)
Actually, I do know her.  And you are correct, she is doing decent.  My point was, she is number 1 in the world ( arguably ) and she is doing ok.  My point is,  these figure girls are considered the top girls in the top fitness and figure organization in the world ( IFBB ) , and only 1 of them is making a decent living from the fitness industry.
Are there any other girls doing very good ?
A few are using their IFBB careers to parlay into mainstream and do well. Kim Lyons is the best example and probably the highest paid IFBB female currently.
Elevate Your Image.™

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
Re: 2007 IFBB Figure Rankings!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
Well, here's the thing. I think there are a lot of people out there that seem to have a misconception about this sport.  While it is a very big organization and does have the most athletes that are "recognizable" and does provide opportunity for athletes...no one should have the understanding that simply being a part of the competition scene or doing well in it automatically translates into financial independence or wealth for that matter.  

I hear it day in and day out from NPC athletes and even some IFBB athletes that, "...well, when I get my pro card, I'm gonna quit may day job"...or..."Getting my Pro Card will help me do really well at my business..."...or even this..."I'm gonna make so much money when I turn pro, you'll see me on the cover of M&F and then I'll be like Arnold".  While I admire peoples drive and think it's great to dream, if you don't have a clear cut plan to attain your dreams, they are just wishes.  

Truth be told, you make your own opportunities!  YOU drive YOUR career!  

While I agree, attaining a pro card or doing well in contests, helps to legitimize and build a reputation, it does not CREATE your opportunities.

The IFBB is a great organization that allows many women and men an outlet to showcase what they love to do.  

So I'm not sure Ms. Bell is missing the point...and I'm also sure Monica isn't the only one doing "OK".  While she and Jenny are very visible, most of the other athletes have other "Gigs" outside of the realm of competition and the competition scene.

Rick

Steph

• Pros
  • Getbig I
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 04:18:43 PM »
Rick,
You put that PERFECTLY!!! It's what you do with your opportunities! I'm doing really well, but I work really hard. But pretty much everything in my career has to do with the fitness industry and my competing has REALLY helped me in everything I do. PVL Nutrients... www.pvldirect.com has sponsored me for 8 years and I have now been working for them in sales for 5 years as one of their top sales reps. I also have been hosting a  television series for 4 years ""PVL's Finally Fit Challenge and "Living Well with PVL" which could also be a  stepping stone to who knows what else. But I have all of this from competing or having my Pro Card and working hard. I think girls need to compete for the right reasons and have a passion for what they do, when that shows people are drawn to them  and that's when they have to take the opportunity to make things  happen!!!  ;)

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 04:22:48 AM »
All the rankings show IMO is who is chasing hard after the trinkets while breaking their body down to do so. A person can do a number of shows and not take a first place and still have a ranking higher than someone who does one show such as the O or the Arnold's and wins first place. In the days that there was a limited number of pro shows the rankings were a slight bit better representation, but even then Ms. Olympia was not ranked number 1 because she only competed in one show a year. There are far too many tid bit qualifying shows which muckys up the water even more now. I'm with Ms. Bell....."Show me the Money" and take the silly rankings and put them where the sun don't shine. They do not mean squat.  :-*

Conor

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 09:03:47 AM »
All the rankings show IMO is who is chasing hard after the trinkets while breaking their body down to do so. A person can do a number of shows and not take a first place and still have a ranking higher than someone who does one show such as the O or the Arnold's and wins first place. In the days that there was a limited number of pro shows the rankings were a slight bit better representation, but even then Ms. Olympia was not ranked number 1 because she only competed in one show a year. There are far too many tid bit qualifying shows which muckys up the water even more now. I'm with Ms. Bell....."Show me the Money" and take the silly rankings and put them where the sun don't shine. They do not mean squat.  :-*

The rankings were set up in a way to reward competitors who can keep a Top 5 physique throughout the year and show consistency in their placings. Nowadays, the headliners cherry pick the 2-3 shows they plan to compete in per year, which is the smart thing to do financially and health-wise. But if you are going to look at this as a sport — which even I admit is hard to do at times, even if I tried my best to skew it that way — you have to reward competitors for how many times they take the field.

Does Tiger Woods only play in the US Open and Masters? Does Jeff Gordon only race in the Daytona 500? Does Maria Sharapova only play at Wimbledon?

No, they don't. To be the best, you have to continue to prove that you can compete at a high level year round against anyone.

I know, I'm not stupid.. comparisons to real sports don't exactly apply to something like figure. But I'm just trying to explain that's how and why I set up the ranking system that way. If someone can finish in the Top 5 in six different shows, keeping their size and conditioning throughout the year and always coming into a competition at their best, shouldn't they be rewarded for pulling off such a feat (which isn't easy)? What if Jenny Lynn had to compete in a minimum of five shows a year, do you think she could keep her shape and conditioning all the way through to the Olympia? I'm not saying she can't, but the difficulty level would definitely increase.

Competing in a handful of shows a year isn't easy on the body — or the wallet — but the sport is what it is. I'm not the one delegating what it means to be a pro.. I was just a fool who was trying to bring some relevance to a sport and a professional title which, at times, lacks purpose.

My bad, yo.