Author Topic: Why are the lions not getting any love?  (Read 1004 times)

body88

Why are the lions not getting any love?
« on: November 05, 2007, 01:41:21 PM »
I think the lions deserve a little more credit. What a great game they played vs Denver.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Why are the lions not getting any love?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
I agree, it was beautiful to watch the game yesterday. People are really getting on the bandwagon around here. The other parts of the country need a little time to get Lion fever is all. I think they will play the Pats in the Superbowl :D
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 03:35:27 PM »
They're not getting any love because they've been the doormat of the NFL for the last 5-6 years. It's hard to take a team seriously with that kind of losing pedigree.

But I will say that they're defense is looking pretty good. I think they're leading the NFL in takeaways so far this year. They also have a lot of team speed on both sides of the ball. The return of Kevin Jones at full strength is definitely huge for them also. The WR corps is among the best in the league with Williams, Johnson, Furrey and McDonald.

The Norris division is pretty surprising this year with the resurgence of the Packers and the Lions.

Good for the Lions. Hope they can keep it up. I love seeing teams come out of nowhere every year. That's what makes the NFL so great!

body88

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »
Another team not getting any love is the explosive Browns. A winning record and a young explosive O is going to set them up to be a good team in the future.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »
Another team not getting any love is the explosive Browns. A winning record and a young explosive O is going to set them up to be a good team in the future.

Yup. Agree with that. Ravens play them in two weeks. I used to chalk up a win when I circled a date with the Browns. Not any more. :(

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 06:06:21 PM »
Matt Millen is a genius.  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 06:21:32 PM »
I think the lions deserve a little more credit. What a great game they played vs Denver.
actually before tonights game they were giving them credit.  I was pleasently surpised.  The conversation could have easily been how much the broncos suck, but it wasn't, they just discussed the beatdown given to the broncos.  That's credit to the lions and probably more than the broncos deserve.  Could have easly been said we suck end of story.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »
Matt Millen is a genius.  ;D

I have been waiting for this for years.....
D