Author Topic: MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8  (Read 17003 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8
« on: November 08, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »
"We received phone call today (Thursday November 8 ) from Mike Matarazzo, who told us he had suffered a heart attack on Monday, Nov 5. Matarazzo had been hospitalized for a couple days but is now back in his home in Modesto, California.

Arguably the most popular bodybuilder of the 1990s, Matarazzo was first diagnosed with heart problems three years ago, when, in December of 2004, he underwent triple bypass surgery. After this most recent setback, Matarazzo has had a pacemaker installed and has been instructed by doctors to take it easy for a while. According to Matarazzo, he had been "training regularly and eating clean" until the heart attack.

Matarazzo informed us he wanted everyone to know he is taking this latest challenge in stride, philosophically adding, "You just play the cards that life gives you." As for his condition, Matarazzo told us, "The doctors said only 25% of my heart was functioning." Those who know Mike will tell you 25 percent of the Matarazzo heart is about 120 percent that of a normal person's.

Let's all wish him well and a speedy recovery. "

from flexonline.com
Z

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: MATARAZZO had a HEART ATTACK Monday, Nov 8
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:04:46 PM »
Genetics will kick your ass everytime.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:05:58 PM »
hopefully for him and his family and loved ones he'll get better quickly.

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »
Oh no,

That is just horrible news!! I was just thinking about Mike Matarzzo when replying to the Puckett thread.

I remember months after his first heart surgery, Flex Mag did an interview on Mike. The shit Mike was saying hit me hard. It was raw.... almost too raw for Flex Mag to publish.

Hope he recovers.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »
 8) 8) 8)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »
"Those who know Mike will tell you 25 percent of the Matarazzo heart is about 120 percent that of a normal person's."

::)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:08:55 PM »
Not being a smart ass, but I wonder if this would have happend regardless of the 4 grams of test, gh, decca,insulin etc.... he was taking.  Thoughts?  I do agree genetics plays a huge role.

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »
Genetics will kick your ass everytime.

For heaven's sake, when will you guys stop being so ignorant!!

Read the Puckett thread.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 06:13:48 PM »
For heaven's sake, when will you guys stop being so ignorant!!

Read the Puckett thread.
You don't even know why Puckett died. Could have been a cocaine OD or anything!

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »

ROFL.

Ignorant idiot.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »
ROFL.

Ignorant idiot.

Why is he an idiot?  Juice ain't going to kill someone that is 22.  Sorry won't happen.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
Mike used to eat inhuman amounts of red meat, that would have been more of a contributing factor than the drugs.
V

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »
ROFL.

Ignorant idiot.
OK, please state the exact cause of death here and when the autopsy results come back we'll see if you were right. Maybe an autopsy is worthless since you have already confirmed the cause with 100% certainty?

BTW, how many of the guys who've dropped out of the sport due to health issues had rec drug problems? A far more likely cause than any steroid.

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 06:24:45 PM »
Dude,

I had 6" of my small intestine pulled out and my doctor said it was "genetic and from natural causes". Deep down I knew better but it made me feel better to think I was not destructing myself.

GH and Test are great when used correctly.

The exotic drugs are going to take a toll on your body. With juice comes added strength..... More strength than what your body was intended to have. I fucking love lifting heavy ass weight more than anything but I also understand when you get to "THAT LEVEL", your body is going to reject it.

Lifting heavy weights will lower your immune system. It is not good for blood pressure. Add fina , clen, insulin and a lot food. This is why I advocate taking an easier offseason (something I never did in the past) and figuring out your body to do this more efficient.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 06:25:06 PM »
OK, please state the exact cause of death here and when the autopsy results come back we'll see if you were right. Maybe an autopsy is worthless since you have already confirmed the cause with 100% certainty?

BTW, how many of the guys who've dropped out of the sport due to health issues had rec drug problems? A far more likely cause than any steroid.

Juice will not kill anyone at 22.  An eight ball of blow in an hour will.  Your comment made perfect sense.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 06:26:04 PM »
ROFL.

Ignorant idiot.
The whole steroid/drugs contributing to early death argument is a joke, sometimes people die young.  Millions of young people use steroids daily around the world, why aren't they all dying suddenly.  Their are masses of documented cases of people using steroids and other bodybuilding drugs for many decades with very few side effects, where are all the bodies from these so called lethal drugs that are killing people young.
V

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 06:29:46 PM »

I am not saying JUICE. That was the other user that whores on this account.

I am saying a combination of heavy lifting (red faced, eyes bulging out of orbital sockets), heavy eating, and exotic substances will contribute to your death.

For what it is worth, at my work site I see many individuals that have shot so much meth in their body that they have deformed arms from massive sores. Guess what people, they are still alive and have been addicted for 3/4 of their life. A little more off the wall info for you, they like to pick off their scabs and sell them to other addicts because of the rejected chemicals in their body fluids. They like to lick and eat the scabs to get a high.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 06:29:59 PM »
Dude,

I had 6" of my small intestine pulled out and my doctor said it was "genetic and from natural causes". Deep down I knew better but it made me feel better to think I was not destructing myself.

GH and Test are great when used correctly.

The exotic drugs are going to take a toll on your body. With juice comes added strength..... More strength than what your body was intended to have. I fucking love lifting heavy ass weight more than anything but I also understand when you get to "THAT LEVEL", your body is going to reject it.

Lifting heavy weights will lower your immune system. It is not good for blood pressure. Add fina , clen, insulin and a lot food. This is why I advocate taking an easier offseason (something I never did in the past) and figuring out your body to do this more efficient.
You still don't know what the hell happened to this guy, what he was on, what he had been on, what his blood pressure was, etc. No one is saying the drugs are side-effect free, but don't jump to conclusions until you know the whole story.

Did your doctor know you had taken steroids? If he couldn't pin it on steroids how can you? You know they love to blame steroids.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 06:31:45 PM »
I am not saying JUICE. That was the other user that whores on this account.

I am saying a combination of heavy lifting (red faced, eyes bulging out of orbital sockets), heavy eating, and exotic substances will contribute to your death.

For what it is worth, at my work site I see many individuals that have shot so much meth in their body that they have deformed arms from massive sores. Guess what people, they are still alive and have been addicted for 3/4 of their life. A little more off the wall info for you, they like to pick off their scabs and sell them to other addicts because of the rejected chemicals in their body fluids. They like to lick and eat the scabs to get a high.
I have no idea what you are trying to say and who I'm responding to.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 06:35:36 PM »
We don't know what caused his death, people.

I've said before....those who "support" drug use, find zero fault at times like these, while those demonize them (drugs), will blame them entirely. I'd like to think that truth is somewhere in the middle.
HAHA, RON.....

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »
eating all that red meat is a biatch

BabyBallsMcgee

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »
Van,

Of course you don't know how to respond, nor understand what I am trying to say. I have seen so much shit it is sickening.

Mike is fairly open about the bad taste in his mouth with bodybuilding. Although he has said in the past that he would not change the past, he also says he does not advocate bodybuilding to anyone.

After this second heart attack I wonder if he would change his previous statements. Mike is a great guy and I hope he recovers.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 06:41:51 PM »
I see yet another donation for Mike from Flex magazine.  ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 06:47:01 PM »
Van,

Of course you don't know how to respond, nor understand what I am trying to say. I have seen so much shit it is sickening.

Mike is fairly open about the bad taste in his mouth with bodybuilding. Although he has said in the past that he would not change the past, he also says he does not advocate bodybuilding to anyone.

After this second heart attack I wonder if he would change his previous statements. Mike is a great guy and I hope he recovers.
Mike had a long history of bodybuilding drug use. Long history of poor cholesterol readings. Then we have this young kid who just dropped dead and we don't know the exact cause. Different scenarios, no?

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 06:49:50 PM »
We don't know what caused his death, people.

I've said before....those who "support" drug use, find zero fault at times like these, while those demonize them (drugs), will blame them entirely. I'd like to think that truth is somewhere in the middle.

i think he'd have had heart problems no matter what, he probably just brought it 15 years sooner with the drug use.

Steroids don't usually "Add" problems, they "add to them" and increase the rate.

Im sure mike would tell you he isn't the only one in his family with a history of heart issues.

sucks either way, it's a shame that guys like Matarazzo are taking an ass kicking this early in their lives.