Author Topic: Metallica!  (Read 5495 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Metallica!
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 04:05:54 PM »
Yeah those albums would have done great as mainstream rock albums, if let's say Creed or someone similar had put them out.

Black album is a production dream, everything is crystal clear. They could have chugged on the E-string for the entire album and it would have still sold millions, it just sounds so good. By that i don't mean the songs suck tough, There are some good ones, but some are quite simple and nothing like puppets or justice. My favorite is Roam, great song!

Yeah, they are simple songs so to speak..."Of Wolf and Man" that's prob my favorite on that album...it's nothing special, I just like it...love the intro to "The God that Failed." Only song on that album I don't really really like "The Struggle Within" not a bad song, just my least favorite on that album.

Metallica is still a band I haven't seen live and would really like to. On the last tour when they came here, tickets sold out almost instantly so i couldn't get one. But 2 days before the show, one of the radio stations gave away 4 front row seats, and bk stage passes and limo ride to the show...all you had to do was call in and name the last 3 Ozzy songs they played...and what do you know, i got through. I named the 1st and 3rd song right off the bat and had a brain fart and couldn't remember the 2nd one...then it finally came to me and I shouted it out and the DJ said, "I don't know, I think that took you too long, sorry you loose" click...I've never been so pissed in my life. BTW, the song I brain farted on "Over the Mountain" heard it a bazillion times but couldn't get it out on the phone fast enough apparently.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 04:08:41 PM »
Metallica rocks!!

st. anger sucked monkey balls.
Everyone blames it on the fact that they sobered up, lol!

Maybe it's like bodybuilding. To be a top pro you got to go balls to the wall with the gear...to be a top notch metal band, you gotta go balls to the wall with the debauchery, lol!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »
You were unlucky there! Tickets sell out so fast, your best bet is to buy it from someone outside the stadium or on the internet. I saw them in 2004 it was a great show, best i've ever seen. First and only time i've seen them, despite listening to them since the early 90s.

Even Metallica themselves think st anger sucks now. It's the only album i don't have. The only thing good that came from that album is that "tribute" song matt smith did  ;D

tank u jesus

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »
You were unlucky there! Tickets sell out so fast, your best bet is to buy it from someone outside the stadium or on the internet. I saw them in 2004 it was a great show, best i've ever seen. First and only time i've seen them, despite listening to them since the early 90s.

Even Metallica themselves think st anger sucks now. It's the only album i don't have. The only thing good that came from that album is that "tribute" song matt smith did  ;D

haha, that was fantastic! Actually better then the "real" thing!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 08:34:30 AM »
....And justice for all f'ing rocks, bitches!!!

Definitely a fav of mine 8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 01:47:38 PM »

Definitely a fav of mine 8)
Yep, you can't touch "Blackened" and "Frayed Ends of Sanity"

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2007, 06:54:36 AM »
Everyone blames it on the fact that they sobered up, lol!

Maybe it's like bodybuilding. To be a top pro you got to go balls to the wall with the gear...to be a top notch metal band, you gotta go balls to the wall with the debauchery, lol!

They turned shit when Dave Mustaine stopped writing their riffs. True story.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 08:06:47 AM »
i think they done pretty good riff wise since he left

but i dont see why they cant co-operate with him now... would it kill them if they used some of the stuff he might have and that didnt fit megadeth?

Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »
They turned shit when Dave Mustaine stopped writing their riffs. True story.
How do you figure? Kirk was the guitarist on every album since "Ride the Lightning" and even took Dave's place on the "Kill em All" tour.  Not like Dave had that much influence on the bands evolvement. Sure, he's a great musician, I can't argue against that.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 05:34:55 PM »
"The shortest straw has been pulled for you" :D

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »
st anger was pretty good actually.

they should kick out lars ulrich and let dave mustaine join. and igor cavalera handle the drums.

Did you forget the fact that he is half of the song writing team?