Author Topic: Metallica!  (Read 5497 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Metallica!
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:51:17 PM »
So who else here is stoked about the new Metallica album due out this spring?

I know the last album "St. Anger" really did fall short for standard Metallica but I seriously doubt they'll make that mistake again...word is that the new album will follow the similar formats of their albums back in the 80's...more along the lines of "And Justice For All" and "Master of Puppets"..."Master of Puppets" being the greatest metal album of all time BTW!

Anyway, I can't wait...yes, I am a metal fanatic for those that didn't know, lol! I'm sure most here are not, after all, that's the nature of metal, but there has to be a few of you out there.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Metallica!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »
st anger was pretty good actually.

they should kick out lars ulrich and let dave mustaine join. and igor cavalera handle the drums.
Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:22:05 PM »
st anger was pretty good actually.

they should kick out lars ulrich and let dave mustaine join. and igor cavalera handle the drums.
I tried and tried to get into St. Anger, just couldn't make it happen.

If they were to bring anyone back it should be Jason Newsted. Supposedly, and who knows how much truth there is to this, that they finally asked him back before beginning this next album...of course he's still pissed and rightfully so, so he declined.

As for Dave Mustaine, no way...he's more of a cry baby then Lars IMO. Did you see the clip with him and lars where lars apologized to Dave for being an ass back in the day? Dave accepted his apology but said he still has regrets and just wishes he could do one meaningful worthwhile thing with his life....uh, "MegeDeth" was this not a success Dave?

As for Lars himself, no way they ever get rid of him...he may whine and bitch but he is a great drummer and for the most part, it is his band. If they ever did get a new drummer, which I hope they don't, my vote would be for Dave Lombardo of Slayer, or Jaska Raatikainen of Bodom.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »
lars aint that great a drummer. drum part sucks on most of their albums.

mustaine can join in the studio.

st anger title track was pretty good. frantic wasnt bad.

and mop isnt the greatest album, its not even metallicas greatest  :D
Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »

OK, then which one tops the chart for Bluto...both greatest metal album ever and Metallica's best?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »
OK, then which one tops the chart for Bluto...both greatest metal album ever and Metallica's best?

I'd have either of the first albums over that one. As for best ever, that's a tough question  :-\
Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »
I'd have either of the first albums over that one. As for best ever, that's a tough question  :-\

"Kill em All" is OK, "Ride the Lightning" even better, but "Puppets" and "...&J4All" tops them both IMO.

What's your flavor for the most part, Metallica style flair or the hair band metal? Just curious.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 10:10:02 PM »
....And justice for all f'ing rocks, bitches!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 12:08:53 AM »
Did you hear the demo song Vulturous from the new CD?  I hope the studio is better.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 04:42:04 AM »
So who else here is stoked about the new Metallica album due out this spring?

I know the last album "St. Anger" really did fall short for standard Metallica but I seriously doubt they'll make that mistake again...word is that the new album will follow the similar formats of their albums back in the 80's...more along the lines of "And Justice For All" and "Master of Puppets"..."Master of Puppets" being the greatest metal album of all time BTW!

Anyway, I can't wait...yes, I am a metal fanatic for those that didn't know, lol! I'm sure most here are not, after all, that's the nature of metal, but there has to be a few of you out there.

they say that all the time, don't get your hopes up.

that last one is horrible
tank u jesus

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 05:14:35 AM »
Anyone know what Jason Newsted is up to these days?
bty, here is a cool as hell clip of them doing Am I Evil, all playing eachother's instruments.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 05:53:32 AM »
"Kill em All" is OK, "Ride the Lightning" even better, but "Puppets" and "...&J4All" tops them both IMO.

What's your flavor for the most part, Metallica style flair or the hair band metal? Just curious.

I rather take Metallica over Motley Crue.

i prefer metallicas harder, shorter songs. they went over the top with mop and justice imo. drums sucks on justice. 8-9 minutes songs.

Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 07:10:26 AM »
I rather take Metallica over Motley Crue.

i prefer metallicas harder, shorter songs. they went over the top with mop and justice imo. drums sucks on justice. 8-9 minutes songs.

Differant opinions on this for sure...on Justice, "Blackened" has got great drums IMO and the quality of songs is pretty decent IMO...."Frayed ends of Sanity" is champion!

they say that all the time, don't get your hopes up.

that last one is horrible

Yeah, the last one is bad...maybe it's still in it's rough state as a song but if not, then, well, shit.
There is a point in the song about 2:22 into it where there is a change in the song that's pretty cool...if they can switch it to that then it would be a lot better.

The first one is not bad at all though...much more along the lines of what it should sound like.

Anyone know what Jason Newsted is up to these days?
bty, here is a cool as hell clip of them doing Am I Evil, all playing eachother's instruments.

He did those small side projects, can't remember the names of the bands...after that, he did a stint with Ozzy and then that crap Rock Star Supernova with Tommy Lee

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 08:06:06 AM »

Are you fucking high?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 08:33:13 AM »
Are you fucking high?

nope

ulrich isnt much of a drummer, hardly anyone think of him as one of the greatest drummers... and i feel they fucked up with the producing on several of their albums and the drum sound, sounds like he's banging on milk cartons
Z

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
Differant opinions on this for sure...on Justice, "Blackened" has got great drums IMO and the quality of songs is pretty decent IMO...."Frayed ends of Sanity" is champion!

Yeah, the last one is bad...maybe it's still in it's rough state as a song but if not, then, well, shit.
There is a point in the song about 2:22 into it where there is a change in the song that's pretty cool...if they can switch it to that then it would be a lot better.

The first one is not bad at all though...much more along the lines of what it should sound like.

He did those small side projects, can't remember the names of the bands...after that, he did a stint with Ozzy and then that crap Rock Star Supernova with Tommy Lee

after 2.22 it's alot better yes, but the other stuff is really bad with the woahh, doesn't fit their style at all.
tank u jesus

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 11:37:53 AM »
after 2.22 it's alot better yes, but the other stuff is really bad with the woahh, doesn't fit their style at all.

The woahh was horrific lol! Hopefully this thing is still in it's infancy though and this is not what they are thinking is going to be a good song. The other song though has a good sound to it throughout IMO

...and for Bluto, come on bro, it does not get any better then this!

BTW, James IMO, most underrated rhythm guitar player out there.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 11:42:49 AM »
mop probably my least favorite metallica albums of the old ones
 :-\
Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
mop probably my least favorite metallica albums of the old ones
 :-\
Bro, you're killin me here. Battery, Disposable Hero's, Sanitarium and of course the title track...even the instrumental "orion" kicks some ass.

I just can't see how any metal fan could not like this album

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
didnt say i didnt like i say it's the one i prefer the least of the first 5
Z

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 01:41:15 PM »
didnt say i didnt like i say it's the one i prefer the least of the first 5

OK gottcha.

What about the ones after "black?" A lot of people hate em but "Load" isn't that bad IMO "Garage inc" is decent and "S&M" is pretty cool as well..."reLoad" eh, not so much, although "Fuel" isn't bad.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 01:53:25 PM »
Bro, you're killin me here. Battery, Disposable Hero's, Sanitarium and of course the title track...even the instrumental "orion" kicks some ass.

I just can't see how any metal fan could not like this album

Some good stuff there!
I have the entire show from Basel 93, awesome and HQ, watching it now!

The Loads are so different, but musically there are some great songs on them. I really like The house that jack built, Bleeding me & Wasting my hate.
Garage Inc... Mercyful fate medley is killer!! there are some more good songs on there, but some songs blows ass. What where they thinking with loverman and tuesdays gone lol.
tank u jesus

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 02:06:28 PM »
Some good stuff there!
I have the entire show from Basel 93, awesome and HQ, watching it now!

The Loads are so different, but musically there are some great songs on them. I really like The house that jack built, Bleeding me & Wasting my hate.
Garage Inc... Mercyful fate medley is killer!! there are some more good songs on there, but some songs blows ass. What where they thinking with loverman and tuesdays gone lol.
Lol, "Tuesdays Gone" is the worst cover they've ever done. You're right about "Merciful Fate" great song and so is "Am I Evil" "Whisky in the Jar"

Favorite songs from the load albums, "King Nothing" and "Hero of the Day"

The "Load" albums are really differant for Metallica and a lot of people hate when a band tries to mix things up a little bit...those albums definitely have a "softer" feel about them and sort of have a bit of blues southern rock ways about them. My opinion on those albums though, good albums, and if any other band had done those albums then they would have been viewed as instant hits...it was just so differant for Metallica then anything else they'd done that a lot of people just got pissed.

Oh and for the idiots that try to claim the "Black" album isn't metal...bullshit

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »
Yeah those albums would have done great as mainstream rock albums, if let's say Creed or someone similar had put them out.

Black album is a production dream, everything is crystal clear. They could have chugged on the E-string for the entire album and it would have still sold millions, it just sounds so good. By that i don't mean the songs suck tough, There are some good ones, but some are quite simple and nothing like puppets or justice. My favorite is Roam, great song!
tank u jesus

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 03:59:36 PM »
Metallica rocks!!

st. anger sucked monkey balls. even load and reload were huge disapointments.

so...................... .....have to say im not too excited about a new album