Author Topic: Who best represents THE definitive standard in IFBB pro figure competition?  (Read 9719 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
And why?

Feel free to offer multiple selections, with your rationale for each. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Why don't you start things off by telling us what YOU think Tre?

Elevate Your Image.™

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
I would have to say it WAS Davana... since she retired I don't think there has been a definitive standard.

Now that being said... I think there are a few on the horizon who can step into that spot.
- Gina  (nice lines, great conditioning)
- Val  (great overall package, but inconsistent)
- Jenn Gates  (great shape, huge potential)
- Amanda  (great conditioning, needs to fill back out some)

They all have very different structures and anyone of them could define figure moving forward.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Solid list - love all 4, Scoob.

In no particular order, Part One:

Gina Aliotti:  I've been banging the Gina drum since summer '06 and she's not sneaking up on anyone anymore - she's the real deal and then some.  She's got all the physical gifts - excellent shape and structure - plus youth, and after listening to her interview on LBR, I'm convinced of both her maturity and staying power.  I don't expect her to simply be around for a while, though, I expect her to DOMINATE over the next decade or more. 

Valerie Waugaman:  I've been a V-dubs fan since Day One and do consider her The Goddess in the IFBB today.  BUT, from a competitive perspective, I need her at her best.  I understand that she's got many irons in the fire and that competing is far from the most important thing in her life, but I must confess that I would rather see her in shape as opposed to out of shape when it comes to competition.  I'm not picking on her (god knows I love that woman!), I'm just sayin'. 

Valerie has the height, the perfect symmetry, the athletic-looking musculature, and no one - with the exception of Elaine and Jelena - can match her stage presence. 

Amanda Savell:  I know nothing about Amanda, but she's one of the most striking beauties in the sport.  I can only say that, in addition to her flawless symmetry and beautifully smooth musculature, she's just got that 'it' factor.  That's going to bias me towards her every time she steps onstage, but at the same time, she's always in shape, and few can match her structure (I'm a fan of the x-frame). 

Nancy Georges:  I believe that one absolute requirement for a figure physique to be defined as 'great' is a phenomenal set of legs (*cough*Malacarne*cough*) and Nancy has 'em.  She gets extra credit for inspiring so many women to change their lifestyles, but makes the list on her physique merits alone.

figfan

• Getbig I
Val gets my vote and if they would reward her for being in shape(Arnold 07) I doubt she would ever show up like she did at the Olympia.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
I don't think there is a standard because what looks good on one physique may look off on another. However, I think you are more likely to place down if your are too soft than too defined. Personally, I like the more muscular defined look on both Gina and Amanda this year.

AntonioC

• Getbig II
Val, Gina, Amanda Savell, Inga, Davana, Monica, Juliana Malacarne, Natalie Benson, Irina, Zivelle, Dina, Jelena, Jenn Gates.... all beautiful and have outstanding physiques, even if somewhat different from one another.

AP1

• Getbig I
I like Valerie, when she is at her best, in Arnold 2007. Awesome frame, wide shoulders, good condition and great stage presentation. Also like Gina, Amber and Amanda Savell a lot.

hard to name just one..but there is certain basics to perfect figure physique in my opinion:

- WIDE shoulders and small waist, good legs= Lovely x-frame
- Good conditioning
- ...some muscles also needed...the more the better
I am fan of bigger and leaner physiques ...  :)

A girl I like a lot, Pia Marlen Johnsen. Not perfect YET but huge potential, needs to be bigger, needs more arms and so on(+ has to do something with her posing), but look at the frame! :

Nancypro

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Hey Tre, thanks for the boost, your check is in the mail.  (haha)

I think part of what makes someone the definitive standard is not only how they look but how they act and what is in their heart. True colors over time will always shine through. In my opinion Jenny Lynn is a class act. Not only is her body smokin' hot, but she trains hard and heavy and takes this sport seriously.  She is very nice in person, and although I have not competed with her (yet) think she is an awesome representative for this sport.

Elaine Goodlad, I think in order to be what Tre suggests as a definitive standard you have to have depth of character. Elaine is an amazing woman, has a huge heart and every time I see her is in great shape.

Monica Brant is a class act, for obvious reasons and a few others, I have never seen Monica fat. That in and of itself is an inspiration.  I am a member of her reality program and there are shots of her in January, March, June, all throughout the year she can wear a tank top.  To actually live a fit life to me is also what makes the definitive standard.

Julie Lohre, I have never met her, but her dedication and entrepreneurship puts her at the top. (in addition to her abs which speak for themselves).  She has managed to continue to compete and make her business better and better.  she looks better after each show and she just seems to be moving up.

Tanji Johnson, her commitment to excellence and strive for perfection, keen business sense and fantastic sportsmanship. (yes hot bod too)

Julie Childs, again, hot body, strives for perfection always making way for improvements.

There are many many more, and I could also keep going, I think anyone stepping on the pro stage is a representative and we are all a part of the standard.  People are in the audience looking at us getting inspired and saying to themselves, hey I could do that.  That is something I think about every time I step on stage, what a tremedous opportunity this country has afforded me to be able to be a part of this hobby for so long.  Women that push themselves to excel, inspire me. Women who challenge me to be the best I can be, and then on show day set that aside and say, hey now it is ass whooping time, inspire me. What is this sport about, striving for excellence. OK, estrogen infested ramblings over and out.

figfan

• Getbig I
I like Valerie, when she is at her best, in Arnold 2007. Awesome frame, wide shoulders, good condition and great stage presentation. Also like Gina, Amber and Amanda Savell a lot.

hard to name just one..but there is certain basics to perfect figure physique in my opinion:

- WIDE shoulders and small waist, good legs= Lovely x-frame
- Good conditioning
- ...some muscles also needed...the more the better
I am fan of bigger and leaner physiques ...  :)

A girl I like a lot, Pia Marlen Johnsen. Not perfect YET but huge potential, needs to be bigger, needs more arms and so on(+ has to do something with her posing), but look at the frame! :

The picture of Pia and Amy tells me Pia got screwed in Kentucky or Amy is way overated.  I think it is a little of both.

mbell

• Getbig IV
Re: Who best represents THE definitive standard in IFBB pro figure competition?
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 07:07:22 AM »
Hot Dayum! Pia looks amazing here! Best I have ever seen her look. Even her suits are perfect. Yup, I would say your spot on, she got screwed!
M

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »
Hot Dayum! Pia looks amazing here! Best I have ever seen her look. Even her suits are perfect. Yup, I would say your spot on, she got screwed!

Yes she did. Amazing.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:54:35 PM »
Pia's suit is definitely a European cut.  :D

Yes, indeed she may have been overlooked.  Her physique is killer.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 05:58:13 PM »
She definitely has the glutes to pull it off though   :)

What an amazing physique!  Hopefully she will get a better look next year.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 10:17:59 AM »

Pia was killin' the fellas the other night in Dallas.

One look at her and 'DAYUM!' was all I could say. 

She is just. That. Hot. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 12:50:46 PM »
I'll say Jessica Paxson: Wiiiiide shoulders tapering to a small waist, long muscles, pretty face. She just needs to bring up her glute/ham area.