Author Topic: Michele Niel got screwed  (Read 9473 times)

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
Michele Niel got screwed
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »
So sad she was in such good shapre

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Michele Niel got screwed
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »
Michele was in great shape for sure, one of the most conditioned competitors in the show. 
I have a lot of respect for Michele, and I think she's an impressive bb, but I can't say that I was at all surprised by her placing.  The judging this year at Nationals made some statements about the direction of FBB...it's not ALL about who can come in looking the freakiest anymore, I don't think.  And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. 
The judges were at least somewhat consistent....Michele's not the only one who suffered this fate in this show.  Claire came in equally as shredded and placed seventh out of 12 in the LWs...and she's only 110 pounds.  Of course, I don't agree with this decision at all lol.

Here's a pic of the HW top 5.  I think Bev, Nekole, and Kris Murrell have better overall shape and lines than Michele.

:)

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »
None of the top 5 has perfect shape...girl that won has no legs most notable from the back.  Girl in second looked great but not a great back from the front, also legs are unbalanced..great outer sweep no inner leg,wide waist. Black girl is heavily muscled, great legs but her waist is too thick no v taper. Michele is wide waisted too but has a better taper. Girl that won has a good taper but no arms.Problem is she will not do well in the pros until she brings that up. Michele could place top 5 in a pro show now. Thing that pisses me off the most is I no longer know how to train my girls for the nationals. My first thought is to tell them to take six months off legs, circuit train and eat peanut butter.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:22:17 AM »
lol I agree that the judging has been somewhat inconsistent and difficult to interpret from time to time!  I would tell your girls to come in to the show looking the way they they personally feel they look best.   :)

I think out of those HWs, Kris Murrell (far right) has the best shape and overall look, she just needs a little more conditioning.   8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:32:22 AM »
I would tell your girls to come in to the show looking the way they they personally feel they look best.   :)

I would agree with this big time.  Just bring your idea of the best, if you keep trying to play to a panel of judges that is always changing or inconsistent it will be very frustrating and have you going in all different directions. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 02:15:42 PM »
It's too bad that Brittums didn't come in as a heavyweight.  She's thrilled to have placed 2nd to Kristy, but I would love for her to have won the HW class.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 03:48:58 PM »
How many lbs was Britt from HW?
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »
Did you do her prep for this show Noel?

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 09:15:32 AM »
Nope didnt have a horse in this race.

Billy Guns

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 04:26:48 PM »
Michele Is a good friend I met her when she started working with Dave Palumbo and let me tell you I heard some behind the scenes stuff on why she isn't pro and all I will say is what a great fucking sport we have here!!! After I heard this shit I have decided to never do another NPC show again unless the judges change who are allowed to judge on shit like facial structure!!! This is bodybuilding not a beauty pagent!!! I guess cause of acne I had as a child I will lose points now in judging....Gimme a fucking break!!! Sorry I was just pissed cause she has come in the best at 3 major shows and fucked 3 times in a row!!!

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 05:20:21 PM »
Michele Is a good friend I met her when she started working with Dave Palumbo and let me tell you I heard some behind the scenes stuff on why she isn't pro and all I will say is what a great fucking sport we have here!!! After I heard this shit I have decided to never do another NPC show again unless the judges change who are allowed to judge on shit like facial structure!!! This is bodybuilding not a beauty pagent!!! I guess cause of acne I had as a child I will lose points now in judging....Gimme a fucking break!!! Sorry I was just pissed cause she has come in the best at 3 major shows and fucked 3 times in a row!!!

yeah its cos of your face you won't become a IFBB pro  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »

U were dead last in a npc show

Michelle Neil got screwed out of a pro card......BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Guns

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »
U were dead last in a npc show

Michelle Neil got screwed out of a pro card......BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point was she got screwed cause of her facial structure!!! Damn it and she is really a beautful woman either way!!! I'd love to know how some of these judges get the job!!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 06:13:20 PM »
Hi Billy, it's nice to see you on this board!   :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »
Hi Billy, it's nice to see you on this board!   :)

Well atleast u wont have to worry about this new judging criteria rip  :)

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 12:50:24 AM »
My point was she got screwed cause of her facial structure!!! Damn it and she is really a beautful woman either way!!! I'd love to know how some of these judges get the job!!!

why don't you ask them killer?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 04:39:26 AM »
Well atleast u wont have to worry about this new judging criteria rip  :)

Thanks Flex.   :)

I personally think things are moving in the right direction, but I wonder if it will translate to the Pro level as well.  Change takes time.

Billy Guns

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 06:52:18 AM »

Thanks Flex.   :)

I personally think things are moving in the right direction, but I wonder if it will translate to the Pro level as well.  Change takes time.

It aint no beauty pagent!!! ;) It's about hardcore muscle...you want pertty faces go to a figure show :o

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 06:59:32 AM »
It aint no beauty pagent!!! ;) It's about hardcore muscle...you want pertty faces go to a figure show :o

Nah, it's not a beauty pageant, but it IS about the total package, head to toe....and anyone who thinks that "beauty" doesn't play a role in women's BB is naive to the ways of human nature.   ;)

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 09:22:31 AM »
If thats true why Is the current Ms Olympia................. ..

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 09:32:38 AM »
If thats true why Is the current Ms Olympia................. ..

I think the message is just starting to get a little more clear in the amateur ranks, and it hasn't yet translated to the Pro ranks.  It's gonna take some time, I think, to see any major changes at the Pro level.

It seems to me, though, that in the past few years, the current Ms. Olympia has made some changes to her presentation too, including hair, makeup, suits, etc....to present more of what the judges may be looking for.

Billy Guns

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 10:13:12 AM »

Nah, it's not a beauty pageant, but it IS about the total package, head to toe....and anyone who thinks that "beauty" doesn't play a role in women's BB is naive to the ways of human nature.   ;)

So tell me OBI WAN how does one judge the muscle structure of a head? and of toes? ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 10:43:26 AM »
So tell me OBI WAN how does one judge the muscle structure of a head? and of toes? ;D

AH Yes My Son.... striated mandibles may be a little over the top (although I've had them myself ;D), and the toes should be painted...french polish preferred.   ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »
Remember guys its FEMALE bodybuilding............ .So if ur going on stage looking like a DUDE then u need to lose.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 08:36:17 PM »

I agree it's not a beauty contest, one should judge the women's physiques, not the face, hair.

Are the men judged on how handsome they are?

This is bodybuilding. The woman with the best combination of mass, symmetry, proportion, and conditioning should win.