Author Topic: Obama now LEADS in Iowa  (Read 1443 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama now LEADS in Iowa
« on: November 19, 2007, 02:17:10 PM »
Wash post poll of likely Iowa voters

Obama at 30%
Clinton at 26%
Edwards at 22%

Could this man really be President?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Obama now LEADS in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »

Obama at 30%
Clinton at 26%
Edwards at 22%

No. Fuck O-bomb-Iran-a

Ron Paul 2008!
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 02:49:07 PM »

Obama at 30%
Clinton at 26%
Edwards at 22%

I think Edwards is going to be the suprise winner in Iowa

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 02:52:45 PM »
I think Edwards is going to be the suprise winner in Iowa

very very possible.  You can never discount the number of people who will give a politically correct answer on the phone, then vote for a WHITE MALE when they enter the polling booths.

Whoever wins Iowa has the inside track to winning.  In 04, The entire nation (and media, more importantly by airing that emotional speech nonstop) dumped Dean after Kerry somehow shifted 20 percentage points in the 3 days before the poll.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »
very very possible.  You can never discount the number of people who will give a politically correct answer on the phone, then vote for a WHITE MALE when they enter the polling booths.

Whoever wins Iowa has the inside track to winning.  In 04, The entire nation (and media, more importantly by airing that emotional speech nonstop) dumped Dean after Kerry somehow shifted 20 percentage points in the 3 days before the poll.

People like you are scared shitless of Paul huh? ;)
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 03:03:55 PM »
People like you are scared shitless of Paul huh? ;)

lol... i dont really care.  he's the only completely honest man running.
He's all about the constitution, which I love.

But I just don't know if, in this world of corp influence, a guy can win who says he'll end the Fed.  And I just dont know how our economy can sustain it.

Anyway, my gut feeling is that Rudy will cheat his way into office, just as Bush camp sued to prevent the Ohio recount in 2004 despite the MONSTER polling imbalance (exit polls gave a 1 in 50,000 chance for Bush to win, and somehow he got it by electronic - then repubs sued to keep ballots from being recounted - and they're still locked up in litigation).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »

yeah - just a hunch on my part but I think he comes across as more genuine (whether he is or not is another issue) and I think that will go over well.

Also the Des Moines register poll in May had Edwards ahead (most recent version put Hilary ahead) and those voters may flip again

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »
lol... i dont really care.  he's the only completely honest man running.
He's all about the constitution, which I love.

But I just don't know if, in this world of corp influence, a guy can win who says he'll end the Fed.  And I just dont know how our economy can sustain it.

Anyway, my gut feeling is that Rudy will cheat his way into office, just as Bush camp sued to prevent the Ohio recount in 2004 despite the MONSTER polling imbalance (exit polls gave a 1 in 50,000 chance for Bush to win, and somehow he got it by electronic - then repubs sued to keep ballots from being recounted - and they're still locked up in litigation).

You crazy? Paul would be great for the economy. Stopping wasteful spending is a top priority.

If everyone weren't as cynical as you and we were to mobilise ourselves we could beat the corporations and the warmongers...
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »
You crazy? Paul would be great for the economy. Stopping wasteful spending is a top priority.

If everyone weren't as cynical as you and we were to mobilise ourselves we could beat the corporations and the warmongers...

I predict Ron Paul has 0% chance of winning Iowa Democratic Primary

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
I predict Ron Paul has 0% chance of winning Iowa Democratic Primary

I agree. ;)
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »
Surprising.  Well I guess they've got themselves a race in Iowa. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »
yeah - just a hunch on my part but I think he comes across as more genuine (whether he is or not is another issue) and I think that will go over well.

Also the Des Moines register poll in May had Edwards ahead (most recent version put Hilary ahead) and those voters may flip again

edwards led for 3 years until recently.  he campaigned nonstop in iowa since 2004.

there is an odd story about edwards.  google will remember it better than I can.  He gave this emotional speech to john kerry about edwards' 16-year old son, who had died in a car wreck.  He talked about his grieving, etc, and then tells kerry that he's the only person he's ever told it to.  We'll, Kerry talked to another big wig dem (not sure who) who said edwards also told him the exact same story, almost word for word.

Almost as if he had a speech based on the death of his son, to be used for political capital.  Wouldn't matter much, except he said he'd never told anyone this before...

If he'll be so insincere about such a thing to get the VP nod, well, I dont trust him.  But he could be the bext prez, very possible.  I think he's naive, but I think he's in the IN crowd.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:53:06 PM »
edwards led for 3 years until recently.  he campaigned nonstop in iowa since 2004.

there is an odd story about edwards.  google will remember it better than I can.  He gave this emotional speech to john kerry about edwards' 16-year old son, who had died in a car wreck.  He talked about his grieving, etc, and then tells kerry that he's the only person he's ever told it to.  We'll, Kerry talked to another big wig dem (not sure who) who said edwards also told him the exact same story, almost word for word.

Almost as if he had a speech based on the death of his son, to be used for political capital.  Wouldn't matter much, except he said he'd never told anyone this before...

If he'll be so insincere about such a thing to get the VP nod, well, I dont trust him.  But he could be the bext prez, very possible.  I think he's naive, but I think he's in the IN crowd.

I haven't heard that story but if it's true I would guess that the public version is probably embellished beyond recognition.  I mean Kerry would have had to tell someone who told someone, etc... so heresay anyway you look at it

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 05:12:41 PM »

The story comes from Kerry and according to Robert Shrum - Edwards told Kerry this story and Kerry was suprised because Edwards had told him the story previously.   Haven't yet found Edwards version of the story.