Author Topic: Alternative view on training splits: pls comment.  (Read 1788 times)

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
Alternative view on training splits: pls comment.
« on: November 23, 2007, 01:07:27 AM »
I had this idea for sometime but only tried it for two weeks and reverted back to my old routine.

Training each one bodypart fully once a week (i.e. doing good 5-6 exercises per bpart in one session) - the traditional way

versus

Training all bodyparts everyday but one exercise per body part only (i.e. getting that same 5 exercises per week in total but spread over say 5 days).

So, for example, u would train say Abs, Back, Chest, Bi, Tri, Delts (morning) and Quads, Calves, Hams (evening) everyday for five days but doing only one exercise for each body part. Same next day but different exercises, and so on....

So at the end of the week you got your full 5-6 exercises for each bpart spread over 5-6 days.

As said, only tried it briefly so I don't have solid basis for judgement. But maybe some of you tried similar principle before?

If yes, please feedback. If not, I'd appreciate your opinion on this approach.

Thx

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: Alternative view on training splits: pls comment.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 03:36:51 AM »
Absolutely not, you are never actually exhausting the muscle.
It hasn't helped...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 05:38:02 AM »
A waste of time.............not enough intensity and no recovery time.

omgsoswole

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 06:19:12 AM »
I just do one exercise per muscle group at the moment and still make gains...main problem i'd forsee would be not enough recovery time.

I wouldn't be surprised if it worked quite well though...IMO a lot of established body building 'facts' in relation to training and recovery that you hear thrown about are merely anecdotal.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 06:25:41 AM »
thx for replies guys

on recovery times: i suppose u also need less recovery time, since u not working the entire group but only focusing on a section - say upper pec on the first day, mid/out pec on the second day, etc...whaddauthink?

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 08:40:45 AM »
I had this idea for sometime but only tried it for two weeks and reverted back to my old routine.

Training each one bodypart fully once a week (i.e. doing good 5-6 exercises per bpart in one session) - the traditional way

versus

Training all bodyparts everyday but one exercise per body part only (i.e. getting that same 5 exercises per week in total but spread over say 5 days).

So, for example, u would train say Abs, Back, Chest, Bi, Tri, Delts (morning) and Quads, Calves, Hams (evening) everyday for five days but doing only one exercise for each body part. Same next day but different exercises, and so on....

So at the end of the week you got your full 5-6 exercises for each bpart spread over 5-6 days.

As said, only tried it briefly so I don't have solid basis for judgement. But maybe some of you tried similar principle before?

Thx

You can have very good results ,I will explane you how, I have to be at the Gym for my work out  in 30 minutes so I will get back to you this afternoon.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »
A waste of time.............not enough intensity and no recovery time.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »
You can try something similar to HST which will workout better, because you need atleast a day rest in between training sessions if you're gonna be hitting the same muscle groups (which gives your muscles a 48 hr rest). GREAT for beginners, but not for the advanced bodybuilder.
follow the arrows

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 01:27:16 PM »
You can have very good results ,I will explane you how, I have to be at the Gym for my work out  in 30 minutes so I will get back to you this afternoon.

OK here is my suggestion
First of all for the week you are planing to do this training be sure that you don't have to go work, take 1 week vacation, you need to train at 9AM every day, start your day at 6 AM with big brakefast ,35 minutes before training take 150 mg caffeine 500 mg C vitamin, immediately after the workout have your post workout drink, 1 hr later solid food (carbs + protein) 500 mg C vitamin 100 mg Humanofort wait 30 min and take a 1 hr to 1 1/2hr nap (sleep) the nap and the Humanofort will help to reduses your Cortisol levels, if you wakeup with a half or full erection that is the signal that your Cortisol is at normal level and your testosterone level is back to normal level also. If you fallow this you should have no problem with the training.
PS you need to sleep 8 hr during the regular evening rest.

Trust me on this, when comes to training I am a expert.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 11:15:20 PM »
biceps, interesting insight bro...:)
however, I was looking more for comments on the actual split and whether it maybe effective rather than the regime during such split
thx anyways, I'll keep it in mind

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 11:23:46 PM »

versus

Thx

If you get results from this routine after trying it for a while--or even if you don't--you'll answer your own question.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 02:46:03 AM »
Well its similar to HST, but doesn't address any of the tapering and weight increments that are the whole point of HST training. HST (im currently doing it) is said to work for anyone, regardless of age and training experience, although admittedly you don't see any pros doing it, but that doesn't mean it isn't effective.

What you talk about doing seems to me like you would be overtraining, so i wouldn't do it. But if you, and anyone else, wants a change from the typical workouts, give HST a go. Trust me, its very different than what your use to. It takes a bit of work at first (working out the weights that you will be using, what exercises you will use and so on) but its pretty easy to follow once you write it all down.
No doubt about it...

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 08:26:55 AM »
biceps, interesting insight bro...:)
however, I was looking more for comments on the actual split and whether it maybe effective rather than the regime during such split
thx anyways, I'll keep it in mind

It will be effective, before bb I was involved in Olympic weight lifting full time and I was doing legs 5 days per week, almost all year around.  The proper nutrition, rest and mental toughness is very important.  It will make you feel like a animal in a good way (strong, confident, invincible).  When I go to the Gym I let my animal insting to take over and I train like is no more tomorrow.